Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 03:25 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,850,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Chiming in late here. Looks like you’ve solved the problem, but some thoughts anyway:

First, the word “adorable”. Most guys here would say that this woman is “friendzoning” your hubby, therefore not a threat, but that’s not quite true, since I’ve had pretty hot and wild sex in the past with women who called me “adorable”. My wife used to call me that in our pre-dating/early dating relationship, still does occasionally, and trust me – no lack of sexual attraction on her part then or now.

It depends on the context and the personality of the woman in question. Some women use “adorable” as a soft euphemism for hot, sexy, desirable, others use it for something more like a puppy or teddy bear. So that’s not so cut and dry. Others use adorable to describe anything they like in general, making it difficult to tell what they mean.

Regardless of that, all the signs point to this woman being a total psycho, and it seems your most recent post confirms this. Stay away.

I wouldn’t worry about your husband, sounds like he’s as convinced as you are that she’s loco.
Totally right about the word adorable. When I was younger, I would definitely call a sexy guy adorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 03:54 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,850,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
Oh boy. Sounds like cutting ties is a good idea. It's too bad your hubby will have to deal with her at work.
Just an update.

Cray-cray chica got fired. Something to do with inappropriate and violent behavior towards another coworker. My husband and I haven't talked to her since a few weeks after I posted this.

Old 04-14-2015, 05:48 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,099,758 times
I once had a similar situation.....The woman a relatively new friend was to the point of coming over to my house knowing my hubby was coming home for lunch....And making a point of talking to him, even telling him off colored jokes one day...That is what made me take a stand...

I had discussed this with my hubby....and he was like Gees...I am not interested in her....And, my observations were that she was being flirty, not him.

So, I decided to talk to her the next time we took the kids to the wading pool....a few days later.

I asked her if she realized how uncomfortable her flirting with my husband made me....She said...Well, If it bothers him, I guess I'll have to stop. I told her...He is the least bothered by it....But, I see my feelings aren't important to you by your comment.

I gathered my little ones and we went home. That for me was the end of that friendship.

I had just months before had a similar situation with the wife of my husbands friend....She was so blatantly flirting....I asked her about it...She said, Oh Jan...I'm sorry....It's just that I'm so jealous of your's and Pat's relationship because Paul and I are not getting along....I'll cool it. Now that response made me feel like she was really a friend....she heard me, and thought of my feelings...That friendship lasted.

In your situation, it will be made some harder because your husband is her co-worker. So, he'll be force to have to deal with her at work on some level. I would slow down your interactions with her...And, I do not think she needs to be texting your husband.

Whether she is intending anything at all is not the issue...She is making you uncomfortable, and putting negative energy into your life.

Some people get their self worth from this type thing...There is a very fine line in being the friend of another woman's husband....You do not cross. if in your mind she has crossed that line...leave her potential friendship alone, because a real friend does not put you in that position. Keep us updated.

EDIT thanks for the update!

Last edited by JanND; 04-14-2015 at 06:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships