Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 11:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,294,517 times

Advertisements

Maybe these guys aren't afraid of women. Maybe they just don't care about them. But of course, it's always fear when instead some men just don't want to deal with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 11:21 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,094,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
The easier-said-than-done thing is why people get help. They can help you resolve some of those emotional issues from the past that are dragging you down.
I really don't have emotional issues from the past..I've always kind of been shy and insecure around women I'm interested in..i mentioned the bully thing but it wasn't that terrible..Did it help my confidence? No but I don't want to blame that for my problems when they were there before that..

Old 11-01-2014, 11:25 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,219,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I really don't have emotional issues from the past..I've always kind of been shy and insecure around women I'm interested in..i mentioned the bully thing but it wasn't that terrible..Did it help my confidence? No but I don't want to blame that for my problems when they were there before that..
According to this board, any man that is unsuccessful in dating has no one to blame but himself. There are absolutely no outside factors involved. The issue is you and only you.

....At least that's the opinion of just about every poster here. Unfortunately, our life experiences don't really count.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:35 PM

52,099 posts, read 52,554,809 times
Young men working hard and moving forward in life get no grief from me.......

Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,577,028 times
I remember when I went to a new high school my dad told me "Walk in there like you own the place, don't be mean to anyone but strut your stuff". I didn't do exactly that, but that advice resonates with me a lot more in retrospect than it did then.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:13 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,856,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
But you gave the bullying as a factor. Now you're saying it wasn't a factor. And you said multiple rejections were a factor. And that you don't know how to approach women. Counseling can help with that. Or you can stay stuck in that area of life, and accept your choice.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:16 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,196,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
But you gave the bullying as a factor. Now you're saying it wasn't a factor. And you said multiple rejections were a factor. And that you don't know how to approach women. Counseling can help with that. Or you can stay stuck in that area of life, and accept your choice.
It's only one area of life.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:22 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,577,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
According to this board, any man that is unsuccessful in dating has no one to blame but himself. There are absolutely no outside factors involved. The issue is you and only you.

....At least that's the opinion of just about every poster here. Unfortunately, our life experiences don't really count.
Some of the nuances of the majority of women are frustratingly confusing/annoying, but any guy that is not actively improving himself doesn't have any ground to complain that women aren't attracted to him.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:28 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,219,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Some of the nuances of the majority of women are frustratingly confusing/annoying, but any guy that is not actively improving himself doesn't have any ground to complain that women aren't attracted to him.
See my post on the previous page. I am improving myself. It's not doing anything.

What really sucks is that good-looking guys and women don't have to put any work into themselves, while average and below average guys have to do all of the work.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:35 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,196,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Sometimes it is not a matter of improving yourself. Sometimes it's about rethinking about what's important in a potential mate and adjusting your standards. I've worked in a homeless shelter and some of tenants there had mates. If some slack-jawed 8th grade drop out can find someone then self-improvement isn't a complete must for dating. It's something that should be done for oneself anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships