Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 06:24 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,219,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Or you can just approach someone you're interested in and see if they are interested too. If they are then great, if not that's fine too. Just suck it up and move on. The sun will still come up tomorrow.
All women that I'm interested appear to be out of my league, since they either reject me or treat me as if I'm lucky to have them (suggesting that they are out of my league).

It's obvious when I'm out of a woman's league (the few times this has happened). I can basically do no wrong with these women.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I don't relate to life and dating this way. That scale only rates people on looks. There's a lot more to what makes a "10" than just looks. If someone has the best looks but is psychologically damaged or a jerk, that brings 'em down to a 5, if that.

So, whatever.
Most people are not psychologically damaged.

So what you're saying is that to be a 10, a person needs to be extremely good-looking and sane. Most people are sane.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:27 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,169,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Horray for being a 2! Only because I have a job.
Lol don't start....
You know you're way more than a 2...
Don't make me come over there & smack some sense into you

Old 11-02-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What, height? I will admit, women can be stupid about that at times, especially young ones. I had a thing for taller guys in my early 20s. A preference, in the true sense, because I would go out with guys who weren't tall, too. Height only confers so much of an advantage for so long, though. Then women often grow out of it, no pun intended.
I did not specifically mention this, but, yes, of course this play into the attractiveness rating. If a person is disadvantaged in this area, then you must take 2-3 points off their attractiveness (so it will bring a person with an "8" face down to a "5-6" on the scale) because it is so important.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,988,470 times
OP, have you met JBT1980 yet? He's posted on this thread a few times. You two would make great roomies. Perhaps you should DM each other and look into getting an apartment together or something.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yes, I realize that. I don't agree with the people who say there aren't leagues. I've been saying that from Day One on this sub-forum. Not sure where you've been.

My point is that people who think they will NEVER find ANYone because they are mediocre-looking is stupid, and going overseas isn't going to change that. So, then what? Guy brings home a wife who loves him for his wallet? So basically they buy a wife like a guy in Vegas buys a hooker and pretend it's love.
You are saying this as a person that obviously has not been to these countries. Women value certain features more than others in these places. Also, they are less hung up on looks, in general.

Quote:
Yeah, that works out well--until they come home one day and find her in bed with a hot young guy her own age (because you know it's usually 40-somethings bringing home 20-year-olds).
Have you personally seen this? I'm in the military and I have seen MANY of these marriages. Most of them work out and don't end up with the wife cheating.

Also, I would be the girl's age if I went overseas now.

Quote:
And how is that any different than catering to a gold-digger? Only difference I can see is one of degree: American gold-digger looks for $250K or more, Third World gold-digger looks for $50K. Still getting with a man for his money, just like a prostitute.
Again, different culture, different values.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,820,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
OP, have you met JBT1980 yet? He's posted on this thread a few times. You two would make great roomies. Perhaps you should DM each other and look into getting an apartment together or something.
You are so naughty.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Of course they (women) will try to deny it and spew a bunch of platitudes and and high minded BS to throw you off balance and try to make you think you don't know what you know. They're just doing this because they have their own agenda that is fundamentally at odds with yours.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:34 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,207,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
So you know what your league is and what you should stay away from. Also, if you are a 6 or below, stay away from online dating.

At least for me, it's about minimizing rejection.
A reasonable and imo obvious answer. I am not going to read the entire thread, which is no doubt a giggle fest and more proclaimations about how numbering systems are childish, meaningless, etc.... Have you figured out yet that 80% of the posts on this forum are from women, and that most women don't like numbering systems? (for those white knight men that don't like numbering systems... no, I am not interested in your opinion). Whatever happened to DennyCrane?

Old 11-02-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
A reasonable and imo obvious answer. I am not going to read the entire thread, which is no doubt more proclaimations about how numbering systems are childish, meaningless, etc.... Have you figured out yet that 80% of the posts on this forum are from women, and that most women don't like numbering systems? (for those white knight men that don't like numbering systems... no, I am not interested in your opinion). Whatever happened to DennyCrane?

It's good to see that some of the more logical posters have made their way to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships