Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 07:10 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Have either of you been to this thread?
I did not post in that thread because I thought the premise of the thread was flawed and subject to semantic interpretation. My comment on what "most" (I did said most, not all) women think is far from speculation, it is based upon observation of the posts by women on this forum that they do not like numbering systems. If my statement were actually controversial, I would understand your point better.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:10 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You're attracted to attractive women, who, to make it simple and do away the whole 1-10 thing, are somewhere [/i]above you[i] on the food chain. Instinctively they know this and believe they can or should be doing better than you, so you're a second class citizen and will not be a man she genuinely desires.

Women below you on the food chain know where they stand as well and act accordingly. You can do virtually no wrong with these women because they know on some gut level they've found a bargain, so to speak, by gaining the attentions of a man higher on the food chain than they are, and will go out of they way to keep you happy with her and not straying.
Exactly.

This is why the scale is important.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:17 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,201 times
An average looking woman that enjoys the same activities I do and is the outgoing artsy type is 1000x times more attractive to me than the type that is always dressed to the 9's and have that whole plastic look going on.

Everyone tells me I look like that Bear Grylls guy, including my girlfriend. I think he's supposedly attractive to most women. I'm terrible with women and always have been. It's more your charisma and how confident you are than anything else. It was nearly a month of slowly getting to know the girl I'm seeing now before I got the courage to ask her out. Haha I'm 30 and this is seriously the second relationship I've ever had. The first was years ago. It was more of a whirlwind relationship while we were training together.

My buddy looks like a slim version of Jason Alexander and woman are always falling for him. He's the type of guy who is the center of attention no matter where he is or who he's around. He's just got a gift to gab. Everyone loves him.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:52 PM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
What about those of us who are not white knights and don't do numbering systems?

If logical means "agrees with me" then I suppose you have found a potential 3rd roommate for you and JBT1980!
Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
An average looking woman that enjoys the same activities I do and is the outgoing artsy type is 1000x times more attractive to me than the type that is always dressed to the 9's and have that whole plastic look going on.

Everyone tells me I look like that Bear Grylls guy, including my girlfriend. I think he's supposedly attractive to most women. I'm terrible with women and always have been. It's more your charisma and how confident you are than anything else. It was nearly a month of slowly getting to know the girl I'm seeing now before I got the courage to ask her out. Haha I'm 30 and this is seriously the second relationship I've ever had. The first was years ago. It was more of a whirlwind relationship while we were training together.

My buddy looks like a slim version of Jason Alexander and woman are always falling for him. He's the type of guy who is the center of attention no matter where he is or who he's around. He's just got a gift to gab. Everyone loves him.
That doesn't seem so bad to me...

Old 11-02-2014, 07:55 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I'll say FK off to this attractiveness scale stuff. As it is, I'm already feeling so low and stupid about myself, then why push me into a deeper abyss. I'm a broke failure, and unfit for any woman regardless of my looks.

Lets put it this way, even if I looked drop dead gorgeous, my weak personality AND vulnerability as a family provider will get me nowhere.
You know you're in a depressive mood right now. While that might not be easy to overcome, understand that this bleak outlook doesn't have to be permanent.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-02-2014, 07:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Exactly.

This is why the scale is important.
I still do not see how the scale is important. It's not important at all. What happens when a woman supposedly below you on the scale doesn't treat you the way she is supposed to?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:08 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
I have seen many couples that are not matched in class, etc. I've almost never seen couples that are mismatched in looks. If they ARE mismatched, then the better looking one has total power and free reign in the relationship.

This is based on my observations.
Nonsense. "Mismatched" (as you call it) couples are everywhere. This whole power-quotient calculation is also out of touch with reality. Couples don't work that way (I don't care what blog you got your mistaken impression from, no need to link it here). And how do you know the dude doesn't bring major influence to the table? If he makes the buckaroos, allowing her to stay home, by your reckoning, wouldn't he be the one who calls the shots?

But guess again--relationships don't work that way. The two parts of the couple don't size each other up on a 1-10 scale. For one thing, the scale you're using is broken, bc it doesn't factor the myriad aspects of personality, career and career success, status, raw talent, relative intelligence, and more that goes into a relationship.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I still do not see how the scale is important. It's not important at all. What happens when a woman supposedly below you on the scale doesn't treat you the way she is supposed to?
Then I don't date her. Simple.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:11 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
All women that I'm interested appear to be out of my league, since they either reject me or treat me as if I'm lucky to have them (suggesting that they are out of my league).

It's obvious when I'm out of a woman's league (the few times this has happened). I can basically do no wrong with these women.
You're BS-ing us again. You posted yesterday that you had a date with a woman who was into you, but you rejected her sexual request, so she said "adios". You've gotta stop BS'ing yourself and shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Nonsense. "Mismatched" (as you call it) couples are everywhere. This whole power-quotient calculation is also out of touch with reality. Couples don't work that way (I don't care what blog you got your mistaken impression from, no need to link it here). And how do you know the dude doesn't bring major influence to the table? If he makes the buckaroos, allowing her to stay home, by your reckoning, wouldn't he be the one who calls the shots?
Because I'm observing them in real life. I pay attention and I make friends very easily. I'm friends with multiple married couples right now and I pay attention to how they act towards each other, their body language, etc. The ones that clearly match up in attractiveness treat each other as equals. The ones where there is a mismatch (even a small one) results in the less attractive partner bending over backwards for the more attractive one.

Quote:
But guess again--relationships don't work that way. The two parts of the couple don't size each other up on a 1-10 scale. For one thing, the scale you're using is broken, bc it doesn't factor the myriad aspects of personality, career and career success, status, raw talent, relative intelligence, and more that goes into a relationship.
They have an internal 1-10 scale. Most people don't sit there and grade their date this way, but they still do it subconsciously. Yes, all of the other things matter, but my point is that the man will not even get to show the other stuff if his looks are not up to par.

Last edited by Cristo666; 11-02-2014 at 08:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships