Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2014, 04:51 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, it's just a bunch of whining.
This is a typical response from the "man-up" crowd, most of whom consist of women and men of above average physical attributes.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Only when they are older, when their biological clock is ticking and they don't have many options.
Ya'll knew this comment was coming, Lol

Old 11-02-2014, 04:52 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you bathe? Wear deodorant?
Yes. I bathe twice per day and wear deodorant.

What does that have to do with anything?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:54 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Do you realize that you just agreed with him that there are leagues and that average and unattractive people should stick to approaching their own? Lol
Yes, I realize that. I don't agree with the people who say there aren't leagues. I've been saying that from Day One on this sub-forum. Not sure where you've been.

My point is that people who think they will NEVER find ANYone because they are mediocre-looking is stupid, and going overseas isn't going to change that. So, then what? Guy brings home a wife who loves him for his wallet? So basically they buy a wife like a guy in Vegas buys a hooker and pretend it's love.

Yeah, that works out well--until they come home one day and find her in bed with a hot young guy her own age (because you know it's usually 40-somethings bringing home 20-year-olds).

And how is that any different than catering to a gold-digger? Only difference I can see is one of degree: American gold-digger looks for $250K or more, Third World gold-digger looks for $50K. Still getting with a man for his money, just like a prostitute.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:54 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
This is a typical response from the "man-up" crowd, most of whom consist of women and men of above average physical attributes.
Or above average mental toughness. Or below average propensity to engage in whining about how unfair it all is.

I noticed you never answered my question about "everyone" using a scale. I'll repeat it: What proof do you have this is true?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Only when they are older, when their biological clock is ticking and they don't have many options.
No-o-o, not at all! Women go for guys who are outgoing and charismatic, no matter their height. I've seen that especially among college students and 20-something women; they'll throng around short guys. The scale doesn't take personality into account, and that counts for a LOT!

OP, you need to quit worrying about stuff like this, and get out and live your life. How do you explain people like Timberline, who says he's short, bald or balding, wears glasses, and has no trouble meeting women in real life and online as well? You're missing out on life. Figure out where your obstacle really is, and address that. It has nothing to do with height.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yes, I realize that. I don't agree with the people who say there aren't leagues. I've been saying that from Day One on this sub-forum. Not sure where you've been.

My point is that people who think they will NEVER find ANYone because they are mediocre-looking is stupid, and going overseas isn't going to change that. So, then what? Guy brings home a wife who loves him for his wallet? So basically they buy a wife like a guy in Vegas buys a hooker and pretend it's love.

Yeah, that works out well--until they come home one day and find her in bed with a hot young guy her own age (because you know it's usually 40-somethings bringing home 20-year-olds).

And how is that any different than catering to a gold-digger? Only difference I can see is one of degree: American gold-digger looks for $250K or more, Third World gold-digger looks for $50K. Still getting with a man for his money, just like a prostitute.
But let me ask you this - do you think leagues are based strictly on looks? Personally, I do not. I will, however, agree that it would be rare to see an attractive, female lawyer with an obese, high school drop out drug dealer. I think socio economic leagues are more accurate than just physical based leagues.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Boy I could have a child right now, but you would put that on a scale too.

And no the height stopped at age 23.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
But let me ask you this - do you think leagues are based strictly on looks? Personally, I do not. I will, however, agree that it would be rare to see an attractive, female lawyer with an obese, high school drop out drug dealer. I think socio economic leagues are more accurate than just physical based leagues.
No, not for women, generally, and not for some men. There have been too many cases of women being interested in guys who couldn't bring themselves to approach, because they felt the woman was out of their league. The women find out about it only when they finally approach the guy,a and he confesses that he assumed she wouldn't be interested in him.

People aren't able to judge accurately what "league" they're in, so they might as well forget about it. People really don't have any way of knowing who out there among the masses would rate their sweet or quirky personality a 10. They should approach whoever they're interested in, and let the chips fall. Baring extremes, as Dewdrop points out. But even then, surprises can and do happen.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Yes. I bathe twice per day and wear deodorant.

What does that have to do with anything?
Women don't like stinky men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships