Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,520,124 times

Advertisements

Ok. Now the question is when to do it. I was hoping to swing by his place today at 4:15, right after he gets home from work. I was preparing myself to finally get this over with.

But then he sends me a text about ten minutes ago saying, "I missed not waking up next to you this morning. Planning on getting home from work early today to make a big dinner for us. Can't wait to see you."

I replied, "That sounds nice. Hope you have a nice day at work."

Crap. How am I supposed to breakup with someone who is planning on cooking a nice meal for me tonight? What would be less cruel, breaking his heart today while he's cooking for me, or waiting until Saturday morning to talk to him in his bedroom away from his roommate? I don't want to push this to next week. I feel so bad about all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:03 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I would do it in private.

I feel for you. I hate this. I should have the talk as well now. I'm terrified of doing it, but not because of confrontation, but because I really adore her.
WHAT?!? Oh, no! I thought you might have found your perma-partner.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
Ok. Now the question is when to do it. I was hoping to swing by his place today at 4:15, right after he gets home from work. I was preparing myself to finally get this over with.

But then he sends me a text about ten minutes ago saying, "I missed not waking up next to you this morning. Planning on getting home from work early today to make a big dinner for us. Can't wait to see you."

Crap. How am I supposed to breakup with someone who is planning on cooking a nice meal for me tonight? What would be less cruel, breaking his heart today while he's cooking for me, or waiting until Saturday morning to talk to him in his bedroom away from his roommate? I don't want to push this to next week. I feel so bad about all of this.
You could text him and say, "On second thought, hold off on that until I get there. We'll figure it out then."

Old 11-06-2014, 10:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
WHAT?!? Oh, no! I thought you might have found your perma-partner.
I did too.

I was the rebound. I knew it going in. But I hoped.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I did too.

Ugh. Sorry to hear.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:15 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
Your relationship isn't going to go anyway but you can still be friends. But if it is about sex ( right ) and all and you feel like your done playing with them; then you should move on. I know that is wrong and all but that is just the reality of what your saying.
<br><br>
That is my opinion on the subject.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You could text him and say, "On second thought, hold off on that until I get there. We'll figure it out then."
This sounds good. The breakup will be hard for him no matter what. But the longer you wait, the more attached he'll get, and it'll hurt more. So, send a text telling him what LiLac suggested. Don't let him go through the trouble, and have what seems like a great evening with someone who knows things aren't working.

I definitely get your feelings. I hate confrontation, and I was terrified of having to tell a guy I wasn't even dating that I didn't like him. So, I just blurted it out one evening and walked away. Awkward as hell, but it worked, and he was angry-could tell by the expression. But I am sure he got over it fine, and I was probably old news in a few days. But that isn't the same, or near as bad as being involved and having to breakup. So, I sympathize with you on the issue.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 AM

341 posts, read 455,792 times
Quote:
I did too.

So…you're cutting your losses even though you like her?

Old 11-06-2014, 10:25 AM

341 posts, read 455,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post

Wow. He really DOESN"T have a clue. What is it about the relationship that is not working for you, if you don't mind my asking?

Old 11-06-2014, 10:28 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissycs View Post
So…you're cutting your losses even though you like her?

No, that would not be an accurate statement. But this isn't a thread about that, so if you sincerely want to know, it should probably be via PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships