Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 08:36 AM

32 posts, read 24,778 times

Advertisements

Last night, I was playing in my weekly flag football game and randomly met a cute guy who was playing on the other team.

Our conversations started off as competitive smack talking. We would cover each other and I'd give him a hard time if I blocked the pass or he didn't catch the ball. It was obvious that we were both flirting.

After the game, he had another game to play and I was going to grab food at the "designated" bar for the flag football league. We stood in the parking lot joking around and flirting until his team started yelling across the parking lot at him to come on, that they had to start playing. As he was walking away he goes "So hopefully I'll see you around?". I smiled and said "Yea, I'll be around".

I got in my car and headed to the bar. I kept thinking "Wow, I'm pretty dumb for not asking for his number". He had told me that he didn't do Facebook so there was pretty much no opportunity for us to find each other, other than hoping he was the game before or after me next week. There was a chance that he would come to the bar after and I told myself that if he did, I would definitely get his number.

And of course, as I am sitting with my team, I saw him walk up. He looks at me and smiles and then goes to sit down at a table across the bar with his friends. He went inside at one point and I followed shortly after to use the bathroom. We ran into each other and stopped to talk. I asked him if they won their game and he said they did but because they didn't have the correct amount of girls, they may have to forfeit. I said "If ya'll ever need another girl to play, I'm happy to play with you guys". So he told me he needed to get my number before he left.

We both went to sit back down with our teams and when we caught each other's eye, I signed him my number. Haha, it was super cute. We started texting and he asked me if I was dating any of the guys at my table. I told him I wasn't that I was single. I said he was beating himself up in the parking lot for not getting my number but he thought there was no way that I was single.

We talked more until he told me he had to get up super early for work and needed to go to bed. I asked him what he did and he said "Plumber. I do all new commercial work. Sorry. Not a doctor, haha".

So ... this is where I need opinions.

I don't care what kind of profession someone has, as long as they have goals, drive and ambition like me and work hard. I'm not a girl that only wants a man in a suit. BUT, with that being said, I also don't want to take care of anyone. I've done my share of dating men who only did what was needed to get by (if that) and I always had to fit the bill for any dinners, activities or trips we took. I don't expect someone to take me out to expensive dinners every night but I would like to be treated to dinner every now and then and have someone buy me flowers.

Do plumbers make good money?

And I'm not going to write this off just because he is a plumber. But I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 08:40 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
Plumbers do make good money, although it's pretty shallow to ask. If you like him it shouldn't matter his profession.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Plumbers do make good money, although it's pretty shallow to ask. If you like him it shouldn't matter his profession.
I just asked because I was curious. I don't care what his profession is, as long as he has a job.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:43 AM

332 posts, read 287,000 times
...it sounds like there is mutual attraction there. I understand what you mean about a 'blue collar' person. But, I think you have to get to know the person, as cliche as that sounds. Plumbers make good money btw. I've dated enough to know the person with the best resume is often not the one for you. Go out again and have fun, see how you feel when you're with him is my opinion. Actions speak louder than words....

Old 11-06-2014, 08:52 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEitOFF View Post
I just asked because I was curious. I don't care what his profession is, as long as he has a job.
Obviously you DO care, or you wouldn't say things like
Quote:
with that being said, I also don't want to take care of anyone.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:56 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Last night, I was playing in my weekly flag football game and randomly met a cute guy who was playing on the other team.

Our conversations started off as competitive smack talking. We would cover each other and I'd give him a hard time if I blocked the pass or he didn't catch the ball. It was obvious that we were both flirting.

After the game, he had another game to play and I was going to grab food at the "designated" bar for the flag football league. We stood in the parking lot joking around and flirting until his team started yelling across the parking lot at him to come on, that they had to start playing. As he was walking away he goes "So hopefully I'll see you around?". I smiled and said "Yea, I'll be around".

I got in my car and headed to the bar. I kept thinking "Wow, I'm pretty dumb for not asking for his number". He had told me that he didn't do Facebook so there was pretty much no opportunity for us to find each other, other than hoping he was the game before or after me next week. There was a chance that he would come to the bar after and I told myself that if he did, I would definitely get his number.

And of course, as I am sitting with my team, I saw him walk up. He looks at me and smiles and then goes to sit down at a table across the bar with his friends. He went inside at one point and I followed shortly after to use the bathroom. We ran into each other and stopped to talk. I asked him if they won their game and he said they did but because they didn't have the correct amount of girls, they may have to forfeit. I said "If ya'll ever need another girl to play, I'm happy to play with you guys". So he told me he needed to get my number before he left.

We both went to sit back down with our teams and when we caught each other's eye, I signed him my number. Haha, it was super cute. We started texting and he asked me if I was dating any of the guys at my table. I told him I wasn't that I was single. I said he was beating himself up in the parking lot for not getting my number but he thought there was no way that I was single.

We talked more until he told me he had to get up super early for work and needed to go to bed. I asked him what he did and he said "Plumber. I do all new commercial work. Sorry. Not a doctor, haha".

So ... this is where I need opinions.

I don't care what kind of profession someone has, as long as they have goals, drive and ambition like me and work hard. I'm not a girl that only wants a man in a suit. BUT, with that being said, I also don't want to take care of anyone. I've done my share of dating men who only did what was needed to get by (if that) and I always had to fit the bill for any dinners, activities or trips we took. I don't expect someone to take me out to expensive dinners every night but I would like to be treated to dinner every now and then and have someone buy me flowers.

Do plumbers make good money?

And I'm not going to write this off just because he is a plumber. But I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts.
Those two phrases are not consistent with each other, you do care about his profession or you would not be asking if plumbers make good money.

Move on and find someone that you will look at like a man not a money machine.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Obviously you DO care, or you wouldn't say things like
I wasn't saying that I cared WHAT the job was. I don't care if he is a trash man. I just don't want to have to financially support someone.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:00 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
I'm sure he's dated his fair share of white collared women to know what kind of reaction he'll get.

And before everyone starts jumping down the OP's throat, let's just all admit in the dating world, money matters, looks matter, professions matter. The righteous C-D crowd is especially fond of pretending they are above it all.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:00 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Hey, so long as he works on your "plumbing" on a regular basis, you should be fine. Also, as it relates to the trades, if he is really, really willing to work hard, he can build his own business and do very, very well. Plumbers can't be outsourced to India. You will always need them.

If he is happy simply working for others he will do okay. Can't get rich doing that but, together (if it ever goes anywhere) you could do fine.

If you are looking for a meal ticket, and frankly most women are, he's not your guy. If you are looking for a partner, anything goes.

Good luck,

Old 11-06-2014, 09:08 AM

702 posts, read 540,346 times
$375 to open a four inch drain (took him less than two hours). Quoted $675 to replace some C-PVC that had burst during the horribly cold winter last year, ended up doing it myself in about four hours. Yes, plumbers make very good money. What do you do? He might make more than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships