Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 02:22 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

It's the bit about her blowing off the date after her dad got home, and going out to dinner with her gf that would hurt. I don't see any point in trying again after that. She made her choice, and it wasn't him. End of story, move on.

OP, she might just be an airhead without much dating experience. She's obviously overly sheltered. Still, the fact that she didn't call you when her dad got home, to follow through with the date just screams that she's not that into you. Apparently she got distracted by her BFF calling and wanting to go out and go to dinner. Anyone that easily distracted from a date with a guy they had a crush on in HS either isn't into you, or has some other issues that you wouldn't want to get involved in. So just suck up the disappointment and move on. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 02:38 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,163 times
Awww, OP, sucks to be 12 huh?

Old 11-06-2014, 02:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I don't think she likes you.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:22 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,006 times
Drop her, if she is having dinner with someone else and she blew you off, that's a bad sign. "Chifeo" as we like to say in my country.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:31 PM

12 posts, read 10,256 times
Update:
I did ask her when her dad finally got home which was 11 at night, turns out her girl friend came over unexpectedly and brought her dinner as a surprise for her being trapped at home. And I did ask if I could just come over to her place that night to watch some Netflix, but she can't have guys over. She has 10:30 curfew on weekdays *sigh*

I'm seriously starting to think it's the dad because she told me he almost never gets home that late or she's scared of what might happen? and just wants things to stay how they are for now.

I told her not to feel bad about having to cancel twice if its genuine reasons, I then proceeded to tell her just tell me when you have some free time, I don't want to pressure you into anything.

And I'm 19 btw

Old 11-06-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisk View Post
It's hard to know exactly what's going on but if she REALLY liked you she'd try her hardest to make time for you regardless of what's going on in the rest of her life. I say dial it back a little bit and don't ask her out again. Wait and see if she asks you to hang out.
This is exactly what I did today, good advice.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:46 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,582 times
Here's the deal OP, when they seem interested but they flake out like that, thats when women go from someone you might want a relationship with to someone you may still try to sleep with if it doesnt require too much effort on your part. WAAAAAY to many women flake and still wanna keep texting/ calling ect.....No thanks

Old 11-06-2014, 09:53 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Keep looking for other options buddy.

You have made more than enough accommodations for this girl.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 PM

I appreciate what you're trying to say here, but I'd like to see where this goes as it's only been 3 weeks and well gone nowhere as of now.

I thought of showing up at her work, but that would be extra creepy and probably destroy any chance of this going anywhere so that's a no.

And I don't mean to toss what you said to the side as you've probably had much more experience than i have, but she has classes on M, W, F and has very few days off work which she was willing to spend with me.

Her flaking out did pop up as a red flag, so I'm going to let her tell me when she has time, and if she never tells me or flakes out on her own plans I'll call it quits and move on

Old 11-12-2014, 02:14 PM

213 posts, read 252,506 times
10:30PM curfew? Dad "forcing" girl to get back home?

What is this, middle school? Grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships