Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 10:54 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,205,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
That's what he needs to be afraid of, that it doesn't concern him (other father?) I concur with the "I was present for nearly every gyno visit" I have been their as well for everyone. I cannot believe some people are adovcating all this secrecy.
Because his EX wanted him there. Personally, I don't know why doctors would allow someone in the examing room anyway. My husband had/has no desire to watch me get a pap smear. I had issues with my first pregnancy, which I miscarried. When I called the doctor, he had us go to his office first thing in the morning. They NEVER asked my husband to enter the examing room. That place should be for the patient, doctor and nurse.

Maybe she's just very embarassed. I know women who were pregnant and were so embarassed to even talk about it. Sometimes it's a cultural or upbringing thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times
By the way, Jared, congratulations.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,174,474 times
Quote:
Wait, oh helllll no. It's half HIS baby, he has just as much of a right to be there as she does, paternal laws being out there and everything. Well unless you want to say that he doesn't have to take responsibility for the child if he doesn't want to, then and ONLY then would your arguement hold merit.
Again, it's the LAW. Look up something called HIPAA. You do NOT have the right to be present during ANYONE's appointment but that of 1) your OUT-OF-THE WOMB children, or 2) a parent, relative, or other adult with cognitive disabilities IF you have a power of attorney stating you are responsible for that person's medical decisions.

He has no rights in this regard. None. She can even set up an appointment to terminate the pregnancy if she wants to (not that she wants to), and there is not a dang thing he can do about it--and that's how it should be. Her body, her pregnancy, her choice. End of discussion.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:58 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,481,068 times
Why would she be embarassed to be pregnant? (unless it wasn't his) She is hiding something, or else she wouldn't be acting so gosh darn irrational. I would be seriously questioning her at this point. If there is some silly hangup she has about this whole thing, she needs to tell him about it. You don't want to start out a marriage with all kinds of trust issues like this!

Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Again, it's the LAW. Look up something called HIPAA. You do NOT have the right to be present during ANYONE's appointment but that of your OUT-OF-THE WOMB children or a parent, relative, or other adult with cognitive disabilities IF you have a power of attorney stating you are responsible for that person's medical decisions.

He has no rights in this regard. None. She can even set up an appointment to terminate the pregnancy if she wants to (not that she wants to), and there is not a dang thing he can do about it--and that's how it should be. Her body, her pregnancy, her choice. End of discussion.
So he has absolutely no say in the baby? So he can choose to claim it or not claim it correct? Like if he did not want to support the baby, he has the CHOICE correct? Because that is literally what you JUST SAID.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,468,646 times
Quote:
That's what he needs to be afraid of, that it doesn't concern him (other father?) I concur with the "I was present for nearly every gyno visit" I have been their as well for everyone. I cannot believe some people are adovcating all this secrecy.
I can only speak for myself obviously. I wanted to ask my doctor about family history of heart disease. , sexual positions because he was not small. I don't want to share any of these with him because it was either embarrassing or private to ME.

I can tell you that my sister in law would rather take me to see the OB/GYN instead of my brother because my brother could be pretty nervous at time. Most likely, the questions the gal wants to ask her ob has nothing to do with the man in her life. Don't take it too personally.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:02 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,109,197 times
Quote:
Wait, oh helllll no. It's half HIS baby, he has just as much of a right to be there as she does, paternal laws being out there and everything. Well unless you want to say that he doesn't have to take responsibility for the child if he doesn't want to, then and ONLY then would your arguement hold merit.

Okay,

HE does not have to take responsibility for this child if he does not want to.

Does that make things all better for you?

Lilac is right and it is the Law that no one has a right to any medical information or to go into the exam room unless the patient approves it and it has to be approved in writing by the patient.
I have a Sister In Law that is part of HIPAA enforcement and those in the medical field can and have had their offices closed, licenses suspended and paid very expensive fines for not following HIPAA properly.

Last edited by CSD610; 11-07-2014 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: I got carried away with the P's instead of the A's.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:02 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,174,474 times
Quote:
So he has absolutely no say in the baby? So he can choose to claim it or not claim it correct? Like if he did not want to support the baby, he has the CHOICE correct? Because that is literally what you JUST SAID.
No, that is not THE LAW. He can try to walk away, but she can hold him to financial support because that is THE LAW.

Are you missing those two words? THE LAW.

Like it or not, men's choices end when sperm meets egg. If you're not ready for what could happen in that case, don't put your peen in a woman.

No more responses for you. The law is the law is the law.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:03 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,418,348 times
Quote:
Check your HIPAA. A patient, unless a minor child, is under no obligation to allow another party into the exam room if she chooses not to do so.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay,

HE does not have to take responsibility for this child if he does not want to.

Does that make things all better for you?

Lilac is right and it is the Law that no one has a right to any medical information or to go into the exam room unless the patient approves it and it has to be approved in writing by the patient.
I have a Sister In Law that is part of HIPPA enforcement and those in the medical field can and have had their offices closed, licenses suspended and paid very expensive fines for not following HIPPA properly.
Law or whatever, the fianceé obviously is hiding something is all I am saying. No reason whatsoever for him not to be in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships