Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 03:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
Yes, that's extreme.

And rejection is part of being male. Get used to it or be a butt hurt dork the rest of your life.

And if you get good at understanding attraction, you'll know when she's ready. Takes time, effort, and experience. None of which you'll get here.
And now you're kind of being a prick about it. No thanks, I'd put myself out there for work not for people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 03:05 PM

364 posts, read 370,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And now you're kind of being a prick about it. No thanks, I'd put myself out there for work not for people.
Dude I'm just saying, if you take women rejecting you personally, you're doing it wrong, especially before you've even advanced past the first kiss.

If you get dumped on your ass three months in, maybe you need some self reflection. But because you didn't get the first kiss? Come on man, not a big deal to take personal.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:23 PM

50,766 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yeah it would be funny if a guy moved in for a kiss and ended up getting pepper sprayed in the face. It sure would be worth it.
I have never in my life known any woman who would do such a thing...you watch too much TV.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:25 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,153 times
I once dated a guy in college who "asked" me if he could kiss me in the most bizarre way.

We went to the movies and he asked me: "Do you want to kiss?". It made me cringe, really. I couldn't stop replaying that sentence in my head while I was kissing him. He meant a lot to me then ... Now looking back on it almost 4 years later, I find it quite bizarre that a man would ask your permission using such words. It's cute to ask a woman's permission but the phrasing is a conclusive element. It doesn't have to be cheesy but we careful what words you choose. This guy phrased his question very awkwardly!

Old 11-12-2014, 08:12 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
I've said "I'm going to kiss you" just as a kind of heads up/feeler in cases where the girl is tough to read. Big difference between that statement and posing it as a question.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:20 PM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
I didn't read through the thread, but the girls on page one have it right. Lol

Old 11-12-2014, 09:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Yes, that's extreme.

And rejection is part of being male. Get used to it or be a butt hurt dork the rest of your life.

And if you get good at understanding attraction, you'll know when she's ready. Takes time, effort, and experience. None of which you'll get here.
I know you're trying to help but this makes you sound like an ass.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Not how the real world works man. Figure it out, or continue to struggle
I don't care how the world works. I don't do the guessing game. A woman can either tell me what she wants, or I'll find a woman who will. That's my stance on it smh.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:30 PM

596 posts, read 627,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I once dated a guy in college who "asked" me if he could kiss me in the most bizarre way.

We went to the movies and he asked me: "Do you want to kiss?". It made me cringe, really. I couldn't stop replaying that sentence in my head while I was kissing him. He meant a lot to me then ... Now looking back on it almost 4 years later, I find it quite bizarre that a man would ask your permission using such words. It's cute to ask a woman's permission but the phrasing is a conclusive element. It doesn't have to be cheesy but we careful what words you choose. This guy phrased his question very awkwardly!
Exactly.

It's all about how you say it. The guy who asked me said it and it wasn't awkward, and even if there was any doubt in my mind that he was weak and completely inexperienced in kissing women went out the window the moment we kissed!

Old 11-12-2014, 10:33 PM

596 posts, read 627,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
I've said "I'm going to kiss you" just as a kind of heads up/feeler in cases where the girl is tough to read. Big difference between that statement and posing it as a question.
Now to me, that's a bit awkward.

Why are you announcing it!?
It makes it seem like your announcing the grand entrance of the President or a US Dignitary.

Either you ask me, or you just go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships