Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 10:09 AM

22 posts, read 21,609 times

Advertisements

so I had 6 dates with this guy and I initiated a 7th date. He said we could plan something this weekend.

I texted him last night( Friday) to ask which of the following two days he'd like to get together, he never responded back.

Should I text him again to just make sure he does/doesn't want to get together or let it go?

He seem to be someone who's courteous and I didn't expect him to be rude and play disappearing. We consistently been seeing each other on every weekends for over a month now. So the sudden silence stings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 10:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,028,020 times
Honestly, I would do nothing more with this guy if it is the old boyfriend you reconnected with that could not perform on the last date.
Let him initiate from now on, you are really starting to make yourself appear desperate, clingy and needy.

Just move on with your daily life and let him show you if he is actually interested or just humoring you.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Honestly, I would do nothing more with this guy if it is the old boyfriend you reconnected with that could not perform on the last date.
Let him initiate from now on, you are really starting to make yourself appear desperate, clingy and needy.

Just move on with your daily life and let him show you if he is actually interested or just humoring you.
I texted him last night just to follow through since he said we could plan sth

Just thought it's a common courtesy to let other part know weather or not the plan still stand

Old 11-08-2014, 10:26 AM

881 posts, read 2,247,078 times
NO. It's up to him at this point. As you already indicated he knows how to reach you and has had no issues being prompt in the past. His change in behavior is telling.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

So after 6 dates, it's only respectful to let the other person know that you are not interested. I do this with anyone I go out with more than 2 times, if they still want to see me and I don't feel the same, I would text politely say no and thank them for the time spent.

And to me, 3 dates is definitely enough time to know if I want to continue seeing someone. If I go out with someone more than 3 dates, there's some commitment involved. So it feels cheap some guy would disappear on me. Never happened to me before.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:20 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,649,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budongyedehei View Post
So after 6 dates, it's only respectful to let the other person know that you are not interested. I do this with anyone I go out with more than 2 times, if they still want to see me and I don't feel the same, I would text politely say no and thank them for the time spent.

And to me, 3 dates is definitely enough time to know if I want to continue seeing someone. If I go out with someone more than 3 dates, there's some commitment involved. So it feels cheap some guy would disappear on me. Never happened to me before.
I think people here agree with you. It IS common courtesy. It DOES hurt to have this happen.

But he obviously has a reason that he does not really want to contact you, and you have GOT to LET IT GO.

Please, for the sake of your dignity and his, do not contact him again.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:31 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,133,397 times
Definitely don't text again. If you want to reach out once more, call him.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:44 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,392,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budongyedehei View Post
so I had 6 dates with this guy and I initiated a 7th date. He said we could plan something this weekend.

I texted him last night( Friday) to ask which of the following two days he'd like to get together, he never responded back.

Should I text him again to just make sure he does/doesn't want to get together or let it go?

He seem to be someone who's courteous and I didn't expect him to be rude and play disappearing. We consistently been seeing each other on every weekends for over a month now. So the sudden silence stings.
he was being courteous, it would have been rude of him to answer texts when he's out on a date with his main girl

next time he's with you, would you want him texting his main girl during yalls date

just a lil something for you to ponder...

and btw, you did say date 6? well that means sex. i read it here on the board.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:44 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,803,767 times
It really doesn't matter how many dates you have had. When one party shows that he/she is no longer interested, it is time to let it go. I don't recall that you mentioned that you have had the commitment discussion, so either of you can "disappear" according to your own way of showing that you are no longer interested. I agree with the suggestion of LET IT GO.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:28 PM

54 posts, read 78,992 times
Judging from your posts, I don't blame him. Take three deep breathes and chill, girl. I'd suggest that you forget about him, and dating all together, until you're a little more confident and comfortable in your own skin. Take care of yourself, put yourself first, and roll with the punches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships