Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times

Advertisements

This is a carbon copy of another huge thread here from about a month ago. You should read this thread as your scenario is EXACTLY what it was there. I will cut and paste a little for your convenience. This scenario is actually pretty common and proves that for some men we are sensitive about it. This is why women should pay attention and care about their sexual history.

Trying to understand my boyfriend - we have different views on past

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost half a year. Recently we started to talk about moving in together and getting serious. Yay!!! Anyway to make a long story short, he recently was told that I was with a guy he's heard of. That guy has a rep and it's not good. He asked me if we dated and I said yes but that it didn't mean anything and was for a really short period of time. Of course he asked if I slept with him. I didn't want to lie so I said yes but again emphasized that it didn't mean anything. He then asked why we waited a while to get intimate and again I was truthful and told him I thought what we have is special and really meaningful so I didn't want to jump into "things" quickly.

He just doesn't seem to get this. He sees it sort of opposite and feels weird. I don't know how else to explain it to him. To the guys here, is this how guys think? Also, to the women here, how can I better explain it to him? It's sort of started to affect us and I want him and me to be like before.

===============================================

This is a response I made on page 10 of this thread that got numerous thumbs up.

I think the lesson learned here is that yes sexual history does matter to some men, probably more so then women. Some of the female posters here shame men that it is an issue for using emasculating tactics. Everyone knows that women can get sex easily if they want it.

Katie doesn't sound like she is the promiscuous type but she made the mistake of having sex with some guy that her BF doesn't like or respect. I'm sure every woman here knows a woman that they can't stand that slept around and stole BFs from other women. I wonder how you would feel if you found out your current BF was one of her past conquests?

There was another 30+ page long epic thread here about a guy that found out his GF was seeing a FWB for the first 2 months of their relationship. The first two months they went out he got hugs and kisses when he took her out on dates then she went home and the other guy was getting sex. When he found out about it he didn't break up with her but downgraded their relationship to FWB only without telling her because they had never had the 'exclusive' talk up to that point and he refused to ever bring it up because of that.

If there is one thing that men cannot stand is being the 'beta' that goes through the long courtship process while the 'alpha' gets the action with no courting. This story just proves it again.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Chris sounds like an overly jealous guy. Please be careful. What you have done in the past, is the past. A man should be able to accept that and move on. He should not make you feel poorly for your past.

Everyone makes mistakes, it's how we learn. Do not let him make you feel guilty or shameful.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:28 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
^In the above thread that I mentioned the guy ended up breaking things off with her.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:28 PM

10 posts, read 10,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
It would be demeaning to you as a woman because you'd be caving in to him pressuring you for sexual favors when you're not comfortable with it. Open your eyes. You are not going to wake up the next morning feeling empowered and good about yourself after you let him have this because he wants it and not because you're ready to give it to him. He's not respecting that you need more time to warm up to this idea. He doesn't care about you how you think he does.

If you let him get away with this by bullying you into it, he'll continue to do so with every other thing you don't like in the span of the relationship. I guarantee you. Don't let him think he can get his way by holding your past against you and whining like a spoiled kid that wants some candy. It's an extra sick move on his part because it involves intimacy in the form of sex. It's not like he's trying to get you to wear more dresses or put your hair up. He wants to do intimate things with you with no regard for how uncomfortable it makes you feel.

The thing is right now I'm not even sure why I haven't "given it to him." Just because I felt a certain way after the break up with the other guy does not mean that's the way I'll feel with Chris. The jerk was a disrespectul man all the way thru - it just took me a while to see it. Chris has actually been a completely respectful man from our first date. So it would for sure be different with him.

He's not "bullying" me. And he's not "getting away" with anything. And it's not a "sick move." How is he sick?! If anything the douche was sick for taking advantage. Why aren't you slamming him?!

Old 11-08-2014, 10:31 PM

837 posts, read 960,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieCG View Post
The thing is right now I'm not even sure why I haven't "given it to him." Just because I felt a certain way after the break up with the other guy does not mean that's the way I'll feel with Chris. The jerk was a disrespectul man all the way thru - it just took me a while to see it. Chris has actually been a completely respectful man from our first date. So it would for sure be different with him.

He's not "bullying" me. And he's not "getting away" with anything. And it's not a "sick move." How is he sick?! If anything the douche was sick for taking advantage. Why aren't you slamming him?!
Ok, go give your overly sensitive and jealous boyfriend what he wants. See how you feel and report back to us.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:57 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieCG View Post
You know, you're right but I'm kind of tired with the glossing over and the not quit lies but not quite truths. I don't want to lie and say it was "horrible and painful" because it just wasn't. It was that I felt used afterwards when we broke up. But Chris is not like that. It wouldn't be demeaning. So maybe it's not such a big deal if we did. For sure he'll feel that at least the douche didn't do something he didn't. Does that make sense?
So, if you don't dislike it, might as well do it with Chris.

Eh. I dunno. This thread is all over the map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships