Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:05 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post

Yeah true. I mean, I did go speed dating just before and had something loose lied up for after. So I wouldn't say that I WASN'T being an opportunist.

I also found out some good info about our career field and, if I could play it right, may be able to make a contact out of her.
Good, you have to be who you are, if it bothers you then drop the dead weight and be with someone that won't bother you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:57 AM

833 posts, read 657,580 times
Move to the next one dude. Forget her. Why overanalyze something like this??

Old 11-09-2014, 10:01 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Move to the next one dude. Forget her. Why overanalyze something like this??
That's the baffling part. There wasn't a connection, so there is really nothing to discuss further.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:04 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I think you probably overreacted a bit, and I also think she was rude and inappropriate.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:07 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
The more you post about your experiences....the more I REALLY feel like you should take a break from the dating scene.

You look way too far into things and "flip out" over nonsense.

You need to learn how to relax. Resolve your issues or at least get a handle on them.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:19 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
The more you post about your experiences....the more I REALLY feel like you should take a break from the dating scene.

You look way too far into things and "flip out" over nonsense.

You need to learn how to relax. Resolve your issues or at least get a handle on them.
That's the thing though. I did take a break. I really didn't date at all since I broke it off with my FWB in February. I took 7 months off, then went out with this girl that hit on me in September. Even then, I really didn't date THAT much. So it's only really been the last few weeks that I've been getting back into it.

I do agree that I need to learn how to relax. My mother, among others, has told me that many many times.

Though, I'm way better than I used to be when I had full-on anxiety attacks over dating.

In some ways, I think that my issues are similar to ATLguy here in that we can both attract women fairly easily, but they end up treating us like crap.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:26 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
That's the thing though. I did take a break. I really didn't date at all since I broke it off with my FWB in February. I took 7 months off, then went out with this girl that hit on me in September. Even then, I really didn't date THAT much. So it's only really been the last few weeks that I've been getting back into it.

I do agree that I need to learn how to relax. My mother, among others, has told me that many many times.

Though, I'm way better than I used to be when I had full-on anxiety attacks over dating.

In some ways, I think that my issues are similar to ATLguy here in that we can both attract women fairly easily, but they end up treating us like crap.
It's my belief no one has it easy in dating.

I'm not the type to go out with people when they ask me or hit on me, nor am I the type to go out and try to meet people. It's tiresome and is unnecessary to me. All males I have been attracted to, I met by chance. To me that is the easiest way to go about it. Guys hit on me a lot, but they are usually @ssholes and womanizers. That's just my experience.

I just think you need to quit thinking so far into things with the women you meet. It really make you feel bad if things don't go the way you want. It is probably going to take a long time to actually "find" someone you can feel comfortable and compatible with so don't get your hopes when do go on a date.

Don't go into it thinking you have to please someone, or impress anyone. Just ease up, and if things don't work out. Who cares? You gave it your all. I just believe people freak out over dating way too much these days, and don't focus on what is really important: What they believe in, how they feel, and what makes them feel happy.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:29 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
People who meet, for whatever reason, sometimes hit it off, and sometimes they don't. You can't make it happen. If it isn't there, it isnt't there. Say goodbye and move on. Maybe the next one will be a winner.
This. It sounds like she's not into you. And you're not into her, so why prolong the agony for both of you? Move on.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:30 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Whether you over reacted or not is currently a moot point, reading through this thread you have listed numerous things that went wrong with the date.
Don't waste her time or yours with a second date, I really doubt either of you will enjoy it much.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:35 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,372,221 times
You both sound like people who should not be dating.

Seriously. And you completely prove my point about chivalry - it's an act. It's not genuine. You did not do those things out of genuine regard and kindness but with hopes of impressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships