Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:25 AM

398 posts, read 746,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Your other thread and this thread just doesn't make any sense. In the other thread you seem to not care that you broke up with this same guy and here suddenly you've "never felt so much pain before"??????

I think it's coz you're just lonely in your new area but if you're really attractive then you won't find a hard time getting dates.

I also don't understand your 'pain' since you have a good job, new area, newly single I mean you are CRAZZZYY to be in emo mode quite frankly in this awesome time of your life. Especially someone not worthy. A cheater?
geez, you really like to hound down to every thread.. the first thread was when we had broken up because of past issues and I tried to moved on.. but then we both agreed to work on things wholeheartedly together and got back together. It's not to say I haven't done wrong things to him too (never to the cheating extent though) but we did have our differences and when we got back together, we were trying to put in our 100% effort(or at least I did) and worked on us. So it's a real big blow for me to learned how he's treated me when I really tried to give in so much for him.

--I know he's not worth it and I know I can get better, but I can't change my feelings no matter how much I tell myself. Yes, I'm attractive (not trying to be conceited here..) and can easily get dates but I don't want to just date any guy that comes to me.. I'm very picky and of course the one guy that I chose to date (this recent ex), he treats me this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
i hate myself for even loving the guy so much.
never hate yourself for loving someone. love is a wonderful emotion. however, learn from this event, and guard your heart more carefully. take more time before you open it up to another. i realize that this can be difficult to do, but if you reconnect with nature, and learn to open your third eye, you will start to see things with more clarity, and you will make fewer mistakes when dealing with other people.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 AM

837 posts, read 960,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Uni View Post
I've been pretty much bawling my eyes out nonstop because after all this, I still can't seem to let go and not think of him. I'm just so sad, hurt, lonely, and ANGRY!
It will take a little time, but you will eventually be able to let go of the sad, the hurt, and the anger. Don't dwell on missed opportunity. You're young and the guys you passed up on will come around again in some form or another. Use this as a learning opportunity and assess what you didn't have fulfilled in this relationship. Make sure you get it in your next one or drop that guy as well.

If you're really hurting, there are many books in the "self help" genre that can give you positive perspective on your breakup. Pick one up at your local library or online and read the wisdom about how to empower yourself and avoid giving someone else the ability to dictate your happiness or self worth.

This one has good reviews: Storms Can't Hurt the Sky: A Buddhist Path Through Divorce: Gabriel Cohen: 9781600940507: Amazon.com: Books

Old 11-12-2014, 12:50 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
He sounds like a jerk and probably best you're rid of him. Best of luck to you.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:53 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
Sorry, thread title made me think of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ePSJ44Fiw

Old 11-12-2014, 01:10 PM

thank you everyone.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:59 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Sorry, thread title made me think of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ePSJ44Fiw
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:56 PM

it's been almost 3 weeks and I am no longer sad, just filled with so much ANGER and FURY boiled up inside.. and it's thanksgiving!!! God, I hope these goes away.. I'm trying to control it but it is just the way I am. Loyalty and trust is such a big thing for me that once I have been burned, I have so much violent angry feelings and I can't do anything to stop it..

Old 11-27-2014, 02:38 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Sometimes it is harder to fall out of love than it is to fall into love. Breakups happen and they are no fun, but it gives you a time to reflect and know what you did wrong and what you want out of the next relationship. Yes, you are going to be lonesome, that is normal, you are also going to think about the past and the fun times you had, knowing they are over and in all likelihood will not be repeated. Spend your time thinking about what you want and who would be a good choice. Don't sit at home feeling sorry for yourself, but don't go out and get drunk either, go someplace where you can be around people. Ever thought of checking out a library and looking at cook books and learning to be a good cook? Every guy would be impressed with a woman that could cook a good dinner. Learning a new hobby or something useful takes your mind off your troubles. I hope you know that picking a pycho for a boyfriend is not smart, staying for three years is even worse.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Sometimes it is harder to fall out of love than it is to fall into love. Breakups happen and they are no fun, but it gives you a time to reflect and know what you did wrong and what you want out of the next relationship. Yes, you are going to be lonesome, that is normal, you are also going to think about the past and the fun times you had, knowing they are over and in all likelihood will not be repeated. Spend your time thinking about what you want and who would be a good choice. Don't sit at home feeling sorry for yourself, but don't go out and get drunk either, go someplace where you can be around people. Ever thought of checking out a library and looking at cook books and learning to be a good cook? Every guy would be impressed with a woman that could cook a good dinner. Learning a new hobby or something useful takes your mind off your troubles. I hope you know that picking a pycho for a boyfriend is not smart, staying for three years is even worse.
Thanks for your reply! Yes, 3 years has definitely taken a toll on me, and the betrayal and anger I feel tops it all off in the end. I still cannot believe I got cheated on with some 40 year old *****.
I'm trying to stay occupied and do much as I can, but nothing seems to take the fury boiled up inside away.. it's always there, lingering. I feel like I won't be able to let go until some bad karma comes back to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships