Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 09:13 AM

783 posts, read 849,674 times

Advertisements

Little exchange I had with a woman on a dating site.

Me: So XXXX what do you like to do for fun?
Her: Anything classy. How about a stranger danger.

At this point I googled 'stranger danger' to see if it was an urban dictionary term and got nothing besides references to child stalkers.

Me: Ok, so whats a stranger danger? Looked up 'stranger danger' on google and it referred to people stalking kids lol.
Her: doubt it it's double meaning. Strangers in reference of what is this site.

So I took it as a very vague way of saying she would be open for meeting and asked her out for a drink this Saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
I didn't know either... but I also googled it and found another definition (that would make sense).

Quote:

A weird person who wants to hang out with you before you even know them.
Urban Dictionary: stranger danger

So I am thinking you are right. That she wants to meet up even though you don't know each other well (and I assume by something classy, she means not a "hook up" kind of thing).

Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
She wants you to assault her at an Olive Garden? I'm stumped.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:26 AM

545 posts, read 632,309 times
always nice to start off as being a classless dangerous stranger lol.

Does this actually mean she likes classless dangerous strangers but is suppressing it? Faking it until she makes it.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:42 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I didn't know either... but I also googled it and found another definition (that would make sense).

Urban Dictionary: stranger danger

So I am thinking you are right. That she wants to meet up even though you don't know each other well (and I assume by something classy, she means not a "hook up" kind of thing).
Dang. I've been stranger dangering it my whole time online dating then huh? MY result was good though. Married from someone I met online. Just bought a house.

I was always wise though meeting them in public place. Not hang out 'hang out'. It is just easier talking to them in person rather than on phone or typing.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:49 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Dang. I've been stranger dangering it my whole time online dating then huh? MY result was good though. Married from someone I met online. Just bought a house.

I was always wise though meeting them in public place. Not hang out 'hang out'. It is just easier talking to them in person rather than on phone or typing.
LOL.. me too. I when I did OLD, I was always keen to meet up right away. I can see where the term comes from, because you do meet some real mismatches that way. But I preferred it because I really can't get a sense if I am attracted to a person until I meet him in the flesh.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:52 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
LOL.. me too. I when I did OLD, I was always keen to meet up right away. I can see where the term comes from, because you do meet some real mismatches that way. But I preferred it because I really can't get a sense if I am attracted to a person until I meet him in the flesh.
Precisely. And that's what the reason I always say too. And it goes for the guys as well. I want them to know if they like me physically, so as not to waste their time and mine.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:54 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Little exchange I had with a woman on a dating site.

Me: So XXXX what do you like to do for fun?
Her: Anything classy. How about a stranger danger.

At this point I googled 'stranger danger' to see if it was an urban dictionary term and got nothing besides references to child stalkers.

Me: Ok, so whats a stranger danger? Looked up 'stranger danger' on google and it referred to people stalking kids lol.
Her: doubt it it's double meaning. Strangers in reference of what is this site.

So I took it as a very vague way of saying she would be open for meeting and asked her out for a drink this Saturday.
Maybe she wants to meet you in a dark alley with you wearing nothing but your trench coat and fedora?

There is a part in the movie "Kindergarten Cop" that refers to "Stranger Danger" but it is used in the context of yelling the words "Stranger" when there is someone near or around you don't know.
It was a lesson being taught to children who were in kindergarten though (hence the name of the movie).

Old 11-14-2014, 02:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
1) It's not "woman speak." Maybe a woman said it, but it's not something "women" say.

2) It's bizarre to me that "anything classy" was her first reply to a question about what she does for fun.

3) "Stranger danger" doesn't seem very classy.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:17 PM

837 posts, read 960,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
She wants you to assault her at an Olive Garden? I'm stumped.
She said she likes classy!! She obviously wants him to assault her at a Red Lobster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships