Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:18 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Turn off.

I believe you are still on public assistance. You are not successful financially.

Not always, but 95% of the time you're correct. The attitude that "I don't want an education" is going to be very off putting to most educated guys.

The being on public assistance / food stamps and thinking you're financially successful won't help.

The kids aren't a bad thing, lots of people have them, but having them from two different fathers and neither of which are part of the kids life is another issue.

As is the desperation.
So if I am such a trainwreck financially...

Why is it that I own my own home, with significant equity? And I live in the North East where townhouses are over a quarter million dollars. I maxed out my IRA this year, contribute to my 401k, have at least six months of expenses in an emergency fund, with no credit card debt?

Oh and I own a couple cars. One I just bought last month with a significant cash downpayment. And I dont drive a cheap car. Think fully loaded 7 passenger, awd SUV.

I have a professional job in insurance, that requires certification and continuing education. I am not a stupid person. I have no tattoos and piercings. I wear tasteful, professional jewelry at all times.

I should be able to succesfully date a good man. I do not deserve felons, thugs, drug users, etc. I am not asking they match what I have, but I want someone that has similiar goals and at least on the same planet. I dont discuss public assistance with anyone that I date. So it has zero to do with the men I am attracting.

And how do you figure I act desperate? I may send one initial message to a guy. If i get no response that is it. I only give my number if they ask. I dont initiate texts more than once. If they do not respond, then I assume they are not interested. If we go out once and I am not feeling it, i politely thank them and then become a ghost. Out of 27 dates, only one was not interested in going out with me again. I did not go home with him. I can live with that type not wanting me.

So really how do you figure I am acting desperate?

Last edited by LowonLuck; 11-14-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 05:41 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
You go on a crapload of first dates in a short period of time with people that all turn out to be horrible. That is desperate.

By definition, if you are on public assistance you are not doing well financially. The fact that you can pat for two cars and yet take OUR money shoes you are not a person of quality. People pick up on this. So, perhaps you do deserve criminals, since you're really stealing from the taxpayer.

And I doubt you own your home. I'm willing to bet the bank does.

The fact that you don't "get" all this is very telling.

Oh, and I live in Boston, 250k is chumpchange for a condo/townhome. You're not doing well.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:43 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
They're just there. Keep in mind it's easy for the "undesirables" to reach out online, they do it all the time. Genuine guys might have a harder time with that. Have you tried messaging people who interest you?

Old 11-14-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You go on a crapload of first dates in a short period of time with people that all turn out to be horrible. That is desperate.

By definition, if you are on public assistance you are not doing well financially. The fact that you can pat for two cars and yet take OUR money shoes you are no a person of quality. People pick up on this. So, perhaps you do deserve criminals, since you're really stealing from the taxpayer.

And I doubt you own your home. I'm willing to bet the bank does.

The fact that you don't "get" all this is very telling.

Oh, and I live in Boston, 250k is chumpchange for a condo/townhome. You're not doing well.

So now we know what your real issue with me is... Your opinion is skewed because you have issues with public assistance. I do not need it, but I do qualify for it, so I do accept it. It helps keep me in a good place financially. But whatever, your opinion means nothing.

And my oldest child's father is dead. How do you suggest I involve him?

Old 11-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
They're just there. Keep in mind it's easy for the "undesirables" to reach out online, they do it all the time. Genuine guys might have a harder time with that. Have you tried messaging people who interest you?
Yes and they are not interested in me for whatever reason. Might be that I have kids. Might be that I do not have a degree. Might be because I state I do not want more kids. Who knows...

I am 5'3" and 123lbs, attractive, non smoker, non drinker, no tattoos, no piercings, white, know how to drive and have transportation. All the usual deal breakers are not my issues.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:52 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So now we know what your real issue with me is... Your opinion is skewed because you have issues with public assistance. I do not need it, but I do qualify for it, so I do accept it. It helps keep me in a good place financially. But whatever, your opinion means nothing.

And my oldest child's father is dead. How do you suggest I involve him?
Okay, again how the hell does this work? You don't need it yet you qualify for it? You claim to have a professional job, own a 401K and own a townhome in the northeast. There are people, married couples, single mothers, that have less than you that don't qualify. I'm sorry but something doesn't add up.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:19 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
So after almost 6 months of online dating and not attracting the type of man I want in my life, I am changing my education on my profile.
This strategy really only works if you're looking for a brief fling.

If you're looking for a long-term relationship, the guy is going to eventually find out that you were lying, and at that point most people aren't going to want to continue a relationship once they learn they've been lied to from the very beginning.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:27 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times
Quote:
So after almost 6 months of online dating and not attracting the type of man I want in my life, I am changing my education on my profile.

changing your educational status from HS to AA to BA degree doesn't count for a whole lot of squat. 20% of guys are turned on by smarts, 20% are turned OFF (yes seriously) and the middle 60% dont care one way or another.

I'm not here to judge the OP as a welfare mom or not. I aint never gonna meet her. Personally if I was on food stamps or EBT, I would be so ashamed of that $hit, NOBODY, not even my kids would know. How it's a turn-off, is that it shows you are a "liability" rather than an "asset" in money and financial situations.

what matters on your profile is, a tantalizling zen-like short and sweetness creating interest, with no obvious turn-offs/deal breakers. Oh, and pictures. Lots of well-lit, clear face and full body shot, recent photos. Models take 200+ pictures hoping that 2 or 3 are worthy of photoshopping into something publishable. That drunken blurry photo of you in Vegas? It's probably not as great as you think.

Your profile is "set" now, after six months the regulars who passed you over will continue to pass you over. Only by a new set of pictures or a new user ID will you re-gen any interest. Or you can keep hoping that a brand new fish will swim into the pond, read your sparkling essay, and hit that "PM" button.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times
Quote:
wouldn't that be the 'ordinary/default' experience from online dating, for males as well?

Old 11-14-2014, 08:32 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
changing your educational status from HS to AA to BA degree doesn't count for a whole lot of squat. 20% of guys are turned on by smarts, 20% are turned OFF (yes seriously) and the middle 60% dont care one way or another.
Higher-class, educated guys looking for a real relationship are going to be attracted to smarts. She's probably not finding the types of guys/relationships she's looking for with her education level.

Of course, the more obvious (though harder and more expensive) way to fix that would be to get an education, though I would hope she would do that to better herself, not just to land a different type of guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships