Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times

Advertisements

IMO, there is so many messed up, dysfunctional, mentally unstable people out there.

Everybody has issues to a certain degree but I always try to make sure that my issues don't become somebody else's because that is simply not fair.

I am a firm believer in taking care of your own crap before wanting to get involved with somebody else.

At least, at this point in my life due to being so busy, stressed out and very focused on my own crap, I am honest enough to realize that neither I want nor I have anything meaningful to offer somebody else, so a relationship right now is probably not a good idea.

I wish more people were honest enough to look at themselves and realize that maybe they dont have much to offer, they need some psychological help, probably should not be in a relationship and most definitely, should not be bringing kids into this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 10:24 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,010,517 times
Ok.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:27 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
IMO, there is so many messed up, dysfunctional, mentally unstable people out there.

Everybody has issues to a certain degree but I always try to make sure that my issues don't become somebody else's because that is simply not fair.

I am a firm believer in taking care of your own crap before wanting to get involved with somebody else.

At least, at this point in my life due to being so busy, stressed out and very focused on my own crap, I am honest enough to realize that neither I want nor I have anything meaningful to offer somebody else, so a relationship right now is probably not a good idea.

I wish more people were honest enough to look at themselves and realize that maybe they dont have much to offer, they need some psychological help, probably should not be in a relationship and most definitely, should not be bringing kids into this world.
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Exactly where did you get that information? Information, facts. Not your opinion.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:31 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

Exactly where did you get that information? Information, facts. Not your opinion.
Where did I get this information? I mean, it does not take a genius to figure this one out. Do you live in a cave or do you go to the grocery store sometimes? Do you ever talk to people? Take a good look around you next time you are out.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Where did I get this information? I mean, it does not take a genius to figure this one out. Do you live in a cave or do you go to the grocery store sometimes? Do you talk to people? Take a good look around you next time you are out.
So many messed up, dysfunctional people in the U.S. or in the world?

Seems to me that you are making generalizations based on your personal experiences.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:53 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
If that's the attitude you have chosen to adopt and you are satisfied with it, what do you want from us?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:55 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
silly games and lack of communication

Old 11-16-2014, 10:58 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,857 times
Quote:
Where did I get this information? I mean, it does not take a genius to figure this one out. Do you live in a cave or do you go to the grocery store sometimes? Do you ever talk to people? Take a good look around you next time you are out.
Wow, you are being kind of rude, which shows me why you would create a topic such as this. Relationships fail because people don't know how to communicate, won't compromise, or are just lazy about working on it. Guarantee that every person in a long term and healthy relationship works on it regularly.

It's too bad that you feel you don't have anything to offer someone. When you meet someone who you are really into, it's funny how they make you into the best version of yourself. You will suddenly make time for them, and will feel less stressed out.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
If that's the attitude you have chosen to adopt and you are satisfied with it, what do you want from us?
OP:

That is a good question.

Exactly what did you want or expect to happen by posting your original post?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
OP:

Why the need for the rude, sarcastic reply?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships