Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,590 times

Advertisements

This is for all the ladies out there.

Here's a scenario:

A guy (foreigner) came up to you and offered you a deal to get married for permanent residency or rather a green card. He's not rich, not poor either. All he wants is to find someone who is willingly marrying him to get the GC/PR.

Apart from that, he is also looking for someone whom he could spend the rest of his life with. So meaning this is not strictly business. It's just there's a bonus for you may it be you falling in love later in the end or maybe even knowing someone whom you can count on later in the future to help you back.

I know there are alot of people out there who would do it for money, but are there some of you out there who would do it for some other reasons, may it be looking for someone that is stable just to take care of you and your family? Or is it just purely money factor?

Would you do it?

Thanks in advance for your views.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 11:47 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
No, he can apply to come to the United States of America the completely legal way like my ancestors did and so many others have.
I also don't marry anyone I don't love I don't care how much money is offered.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.G View Post

Here's a scenario:

A guy (foreigner) came up to you and offered you a deal to get married for permanent residency or rather a green card. He's not rich, not poor either. All he wants is to find someone who is willingly marrying him to get the GC/PR.

Apart from that, he is also looking for someone whom he could spend the rest of his life with. So meaning this is not strictly business. It's just there's a bonus for you may it be you falling in love later in the end or maybe even knowing someone whom you can count on later in the future to help you back.

I know there are alot of people out there who would do it for money, but are there some of you out there who would do it for some other reasons, may it be looking for someone that is stable just to take care of you and your family? Or is it just purely money factor?

Would you do it?

No, there aren't (re: the bolded). There are a lot of people who would end up doing it for jail time, if they were reckless enough to take the money.

What makes you think that the guy offering money for a fake marriage would be a guy who'd be magically compatible with whatever woman he approached?

Old 11-18-2014, 12:17 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Nope

Old 11-18-2014, 12:35 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
I know there are alot of people out there who would do it for money,
It would presumably need to be enough money to make it worth the risk of a felony conviction for them if they/you get caught.

Somebody offered me $100K to do this over a decade ago. I said no thanks.

I was in grad school at the time, so it would have been a very significant amount of money for me (would have wiped out my student loan debt and then some), but still not worth it.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:37 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:

Here's a scenario:

Would you do it?

Would be nice if we could trade say a Green card for an EU, then I'd be talkin'! (Preferably, somewhere in the U.K.) A So-Cal exchange ain't a bad idear!!

Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,058 times
I know you asked for ladies, but I was approached in an off-handed way with the same deal by a relatively wealthy foreign female.

She was the right age, she wasn't "hideous" (just plump), she came with a sort of "family credential" so I was confident this was not some elaborate scam.

I asked her if this was a setup like "you're actually a lesbian, and we aren't going to live together or have sex or children, then I was not interested at any dollar amount". I would only do it for love, not money.

We hung out for 2 days, with a 3rd wheel chaperone with us at all times. We departed cordially, no interest (either way). I told her for the dollar amount she was offering, I found it hard to believe she wouldn't get a taker.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:10 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,010,517 times
If ever had an idea to break the divorce record or Elizabeth Tailor may be but still not sure I like this sort of entertainment package type posts. is there any possibility you know Mr Juan just curious

Old 11-18-2014, 02:25 AM

619 posts, read 651,867 times
Legal immigration even within the confines of marriage is pretty pricey AND you have to agree to support him for 10 years (last I checked) even if you get a divorce so he doesn't depend on the government. Affidavit of Support I-864.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What makes you think that the guy offering money for a fake marriage would be a guy who'd be magically compatible with whatever woman he approached?
A few acquaintances have gone through somewhat the same situation and most of them ended up being together regardless of the relationship is purely based on convenience at first.

Some of them are single mothers that's looking for security/stability just because they have kids. Just thought that it might be one of the reasons rather than just purely making money and getting caught / dealing with legal problems in the end.

I mean who doesn't like making money? What we all worried about are the outcome/consequences since it has something to do with the law or compatibility. But hey if you can develop such feeling in time, you might not have to worry about the legal side of things since it became the real thing anyways right? So there's no need to lie about it or even worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships