Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:37 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I see men put *in a relationship* or *divorced* or *recently separated* and of course *married*.Just get rid of the cheater, you can't have two of you together.
Increasingly most of the people I know (regardless of gender) don't list their relationship status at all on facebook. If you're married, that's a bit different, since that's a legal status and a matter of public record anyway, but most people don't announce to the entire world every time they're dating someone. When I see people who do, I tend to assume they have some type of self-esteem issues or maybe just really enjoy drama or gossip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 12:31 AM

527 posts, read 600,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Half the world is in famine. And meanwhile a poor girl is devastated her BF didn't add her as a friend on facebook.
Yes, this is apparently what the millennials occupy themselves with. And I thought youmy people were trending away from Facebook these days and leaving it to us old fogies.

In all seriousness, OP, people are being more cautious these days about what they share via social media.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:41 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I see men put *in a relationship* or *divorced* or *recently separated* and of course *married*.Just get rid of the cheater, you can't have two of you together.
relationships statuses don't mean anything anyway because a woman who had married in her status was trying to holla at me on the down low. That is why it's called FAKEBOOK lol

Old 11-23-2014, 01:40 AM

105 posts, read 115,882 times
Apparently you two doesn't have much problem with cheating on each other, then why bother by him not friending you on facebook??
It wasn't like you are asking him to change his status to show that he's in a relationship with you!
If only friending you would be such a drama, then he is certainly chating/ hooking up with someone there.

Do you want to spend every minute that he's not with you in person to worry about him cheating on you!!
Or wait, your relationship was build upon cheating........ so I guess enjoy it while it last!!

Old 11-23-2014, 01:49 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Increasingly most of the people I know (regardless of gender) don't list their relationship status at all on facebook. If you're married, that's a bit different, since that's a legal status and a matter of public record anyway, but most people don't announce to the entire world every time they're dating someone. When I see people who do, I tend to assume they have some type of self-esteem issues or maybe just really enjoy drama or gossip.
Lol, how does that make any sense?

I have friends on FB that list their relationship status (non-married that is), and they aren't the drama/gossip types, or have any self-esteem issues.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:51 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
h.e.i.s.c.r.a.z.y s.e.e.m.s.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:33 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
If I had a girlfriend, she'd be the very first woman I'd friend on Facebook. This guy sounds iffy to me. Find someone who respects you.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:15 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Why is this so important? I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. It's funny when I date women and tell them this and some have this puzzled look on their faces. Sorry, I've got much better ways to spend my time. I stay in touch with friends and family by phone or in person.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:20 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're joking right??? what a completely ridiculous things to say.....

Every FB friend I have his SO/spouse is in most pics......

Jeezus.....
I agree with that. Although I normally think these FB complaint threads are stupid and shallow, this is a warning sign for OP. Bf sounds like he still has a wandering eye. But if she also cheated, I don't think she has any right to complain. I think they should either agree to see other people, or break up.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:51 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Why is this so important? I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. It's funny when I date women and tell them this and some have this puzzled look on their faces. Sorry, I've got much better ways to spend my time. I stay in touch with friends and family by phone or in person.
But these two are on Facebook. I get not updating your relationship status, I get not posting pictures of the two of them. What I do not get is why his GF would be restricted from access to his whole page. What is he hiding from her?

Both hubby and I have a couple of people who are restricted from seeing our pages. Easier to do that than unfriend them entirely and possibly stir up a commotion. (One is a relative)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships