Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is regular sex an important part of life
Absolutely, it's very important and necessary 56 56.57%
It's important but not necessary to life 43 43.43%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:24 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
Sex isn't a Chia Pet.

These questions are really interesting, because I wonder if people actually spend time trying to figure it out like it's some mythical thing....Sex isn't like water, where it's a necessity to live. However, depending on the person. Each person is influenced by their experience or lack of experience. I feel that a person who has had a very healthy sex life, will seek out sex, and hold it to a greater importance, than a person who hasn't had it, or has had poor experiences.

However, those with little or poor experiences, can quickly become someone they never imagined themselves being. I've seen women who didn't really have a huge hunger or need for sex, become insatiable, almost as if that good first taste, erased years of bad, creating a different person. I would hope that everyone had the potential to really enjoy sex, because it's a pretty incredible thing to share.

IMO, sex is another form of communication, and is an integral part of a healthy relationship. For myself, without a steady stream of quality sex, I would feel a major part of my relationship was missing.
Good post ^^^^. Interesting question in general.

For myself, sex is very important. But I have been on all sides of the equation. As stated by many, it is not needed to survive, but it IS needed to thrive. Sad to say I have been without for many years, even though married. Life isn't bad, but it isn't great, either. I am missing something I want desperately. And not talking about the solo act, I mean sex-with-intimacy with another person. Everyone has different needs; and sometimes it takes a special person to awaken those needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 01:44 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,837,585 times
[quote=Ace_TX;37390432]some aliens land here on earth this tuesday, november 25th @ 2:17pm in stillwater, ok.

an 9' tall slimy green alien (female) comes out the mothership and says we come in peace

men from all over the world would flock to oklahoma trying to figure out how to have sex with that alien

so what does this tell you?[/QUOTE]

LOL.

That men will go anywhere and travel any distance to have sex, AND that they'll have sex with anyone, as long as it has a vagina?

Oh, no. Wait a sec... DOES that female alien HAVE a vagina? All those guys who drive all the way to OK for sex are gonna be pretty pi**ed if she doesn't.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-30-2014 at 02:19 PM..

Old 11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,730,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Well, we're not talking about being stellar citizens, I mean more on an individual level.
I've heard of couples being abstinent, but I'm not sure if they are for real. For me personally it is important, it's a different kind of bond.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Never tried sex on a pedestal, could be interesting though.
Lots of good laughs on CD today!

And yes, it would be very interesting, wouldn't it? I sure would like to try it.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:53 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,807 times
I would say its important because, at least until very recently, without sex there would be no grand scheme.

Plus, for men, at least straight men, the more women you sleep with, the lower your risk of prostate cancer is.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Important but not as important as food, water and shelter. No one has died from not getting laid.
Hmm, I don't know. If I don't have [some really, really good] sex soon, I might WANT to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Good post ^^^^. Interesting question in general.

For myself, sex is very important. But I have been on all sides of the equation. As stated by many, it is not needed to survive, but it IS needed to thrive. Sad to say I have been without for many years, even though married. Life isn't bad, but it isn't great, either. I am missing something I want desperately. And not talking about the solo act, I mean sex-with-intimacy with another person. Everyone has different needs; and sometimes it takes a special person to awaken those needs.
Well said, gypsy.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:25 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,050,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I would say its important because, at least until very recently, without sex there would be no grand scheme.

Plus, for men, at least straight men, the more women you sleep with, the lower your risk of prostate cancer is.
Yeah, but the more women you sleep with, the greater your chance is of an STD, even a deadly one.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Yeah, but the more women you sleep with, the greater your chance is of an STD, even a deadly one.
To add onto that, I've also heard that masturbation reduces the risks of prostate cancer so pretty much any form of release apparently is good for the ol' prostate. *shrugs*

Old 11-30-2014, 07:05 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,807 times
Well that settles it then..glad ill never have to worry about prostate cancer or STDs.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:05 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
You say "our view." Are you saying sex with your spouse is dull and you both realize it? I will say sex issues for me equal martial issues real quick like.
No, I don't have a spouse. I was agreeing with that poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships