Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:16 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
No way would this work on any "sane" woman, and I'm a guy.

Randomly approaching a woman, and asking her out on a date off the bat? Find it extremely hard to believe it would work on any woman, minus perhaps the insane ones.
It works all the time. In my younger days I've gotten dates by pulling up to a woman in a car, rolling down my window, and asking her out.
I've also gotten dates by walking up to a girl that I found attractive, and kissing her. Yes, this actually works (I wouldn't recommend in today's world, though, just in case she gets angry).

For the most part, women like men who are not afraid to do things that other men are afraid of. That's why this sort of thing works so well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 11:31 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
It works all the time. In my younger days I've gotten dates by pulling up to a woman in a car, rolling down my window, and asking her out.
I've also gotten dates by walking up to a girl that I found attractive, and kissing her. Yes, this actually works (I wouldn't recommend in today's world, though, just in case she gets angry).

For the most part, women like men who are not afraid to do things that other men are afraid of. That's why this sort of thing works so well.
I'm sorry, but I find this extremely hard to believe.

Today's world or not, I don't see how you've never gotten slapped plenty of times for walking to up a girl and trying to kiss her. It's one thing to pull up to a woman in a car, roll down your window, and ask her out.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:39 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:

Dude, this may work in the ghetto, but not in the mainstream. And what world did you do this in, if not "today's world"? Don't confuse the OP. He's already lost enough.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, this may work in the ghetto, but not in the mainstream. And what world did you do this in, if not "today's world"? Don't confuse the OP. He's already lost enough.
I don't even see how this could work in the ghetto. Randomly going up to a woman and trying to kiss her? Lol...

Me thinks he's lying, at least about that part.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
I don't even see how this could work in the ghetto. Randomly going up to a woman and trying to kiss her? Lol...

Me thinks he's lying, at least about that part.
I was thinking more about the rolling down the car window and asking for a date. But, yeah. Not much credibility there.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:50 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,857 times
Quote:
Walk up to 50 women that you consider to be in 'your league' looks wise, and ask them out on a date. I'd try something along the lines of:

"Hi, I'm recentgrad, want to go out on a date with me friday night?"

If at least one of them doesn't say yes, there is a probably a problem with the way that you present yourself. My experience as a relatively average looking guy is that probably 30-40% will say yes. After you get good at it, even more.
LOL, seriously? Just like that? Why waste your time with a date, and just go for the throat and ask...."Hi I'm recentgrad, wanna F? Don't take this guy's advice, it's horrible. This is like the bargain basement PUA tactics..lol

While it's important to be able to close the deal, and ask them out, it's also important to realize, that most women, no matter how attractive you are, will not be receptive to the Hi, wanna go out line, especially from the onset. Maybe in junior high, or high school, but if you are targeting women in your age range, the above tactic will send you home with PALMela and her five sisters!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 PM

837 posts, read 960,726 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I find this extremely hard to believe.

Today's world or not, I don't see how you've never gotten slapped plenty of times for walking to up a girl and trying to kiss her. It's one thing to pull up to a woman in a car, roll down your window, and ask her out.
Maybe there's a town called Desperation and there the women are open to going out with any random stranger. It's not going to work in the majority of situations, though. Especially if we're talking about real life and not romantic comedies.

I can see some women getting smitten and agreeing on the date, but later that night when she has time to think the situation over, she's gonna bail or not show up.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:09 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times
I've tried it and it works. But maybe it's not for everyone.

Perhaps if you feel that strongly about it not working, then try it only with people that you know. Pick 50 women that you know that you want to date. I'd suggest a slightly modified approach if you know the woman:

1. Engage in a conversation with them.
2. Part way through the conversation, say "we get along so well, we should go out on a date!"

Again, if this doesn't lead to quite a few dates, there is probably a big problem somewhere.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

No way would ever go out with a guy who did either of those things. I would probably try to punch a guy who had the nerve to put his lips on me, and we don't even know each other.

What the heck?

Old 11-27-2014, 09:51 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I was thinking more about the rolling down the car window and asking for a date. But, yeah. Not much credibility there.
Rolling down the window and asking for a date works perfectly every time. On the pro corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships