Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:08 AM

74 posts, read 73,029 times

Advertisements

Hi, today I went on a first date with a girl I met through tinder two days ago. We went for coffee and spent three hours hours together, she seem interested in what I talked and in my life. We laughed a lot, and she never took her cellphone to answer any messages in those 3 hours. I asked her what sport does she practice and she told me that tennis and I told her that I also play tennis so she told me that we should play one day together. She looked me a lot in the eyes, then she asked me what plans I had for the weekend. At the end of the coffee we parked our cars in more or less in the same are so she went walking with me to the parking lot. She said goodbye and told her that if she wanted to go to the movies on the weekend and she told me that we can see bird man or any other movie. I texted her telling her that I had a good time and that we laughed a lot and that I expect her to see her on the weekend. She replied: The same, I had a good time, it sounds like a good plan to go to the movies. So then I told her that I was going to sleep and said good night and good luck with the homework she had to do in the night and she told me: hey thanks!, have a good night. have some rest.

My question is: What she answered me sounds like she is interested?. For arranging the second date would it be better to call her or text her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 06:45 AM

37 posts, read 73,186 times
She sounds interested. I would say call her unless you are teenagers and obsessed with texting.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:46 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Can you really not figure this out for yourself? Go with your gut. You don't need to make a post on the internet about this.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:48 AM

74 posts, read 73,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibyl_vain View Post
She sounds interested. I would say call her unless you are teenagers and obsessed with texting.
Why do you think she sounds interested?, wasn't her text response a bit dry and unemotional?. For arranging the second date would it be better to text instead of calling?. I think that calling might seem a bit clingy after the first date

Old 11-25-2014, 07:47 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovis77 View Post
Why do you think she sounds interested?, wasn't her text response a bit dry and unemotional?. For arranging the second date would it be better to text instead of calling?. I think that calling might seem a bit clingy after the first date
Dry and unemotional? Exactly why you should call her rather than text her. You can tell a lot more from someone's voice than through a text. Calling is not clingy. Just take charge, call her and say "Let's go to the 7 pm showing of XYZ movie and then get some pizza and beer afterwards. I'll pick you up at 6:30. Sound good?"

Old 11-25-2014, 09:09 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Yes, she seems interested.

Re: the bolded, it was a first date. Did you expect her to say, "I love you!!"?

CALL HER tomorrow and ask her to a specific movie on a specific day and ask what time works for her.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:25 AM

545 posts, read 632,309 times
Quote:
wasn't her text response a bit dry and unemotional?
How was she supposed to make it emotional? With the tone of her voice?

Old 11-25-2014, 10:01 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I cannot believe you have left her hanging out there this long without setting a day and time for your date to see Birdman. She all but hit you over the head with it.

Don't be surprised if she has already moved on as a result. You are acting like a clueless, frightened little kitten.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Hi, today I went on a first date with a girl I met through tinder two days ago. We went for coffee and spent three hours hours together, she seem interested in what I talked and in my life. We laughed a lot, and she never took her cellphone to answer any messages in those 3 hours. I asked her what sport does she practice and she told me that tennis and I told her that I also play tennis so she told me that we should play one day together. She looked me a lot in the eyes, then she asked me what plans I had for the weekend. At the end of the coffee we parked our cars in more or less in the same are so she went walking with me to the parking lot. She said goodbye and told her that if she wanted to go to the movies on the weekend and she told me that we can see bird man or any other movie. I texted her telling her that I had a good time and that we laughed a lot and that I expect her to see her on the weekend. She replied: The same, I had a good time, it sounds like a good plan to go to the movies. So then I told her that I was going to sleep and said good night and good luck with the homework she had to do in the night and she told me: hey thanks!, have a good night. have some rest.

My question is: What she answered me sounds like she is interested?. For arranging the second date would it be better to call her or text her?

I don't know you tell me. You spent time with her, you know who she is, you should have a general idea of what she likes, you should make the decision to ask for a second date or not.
It is all your choice, your life and your decision.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:56 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,152,762 times
Quote:
Oh for God's sake, how can text be anything but unemotional? It's typed words on a screen!! Take it from someone who was dating before texting existed: calling is not clingy. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum, and that's saying a lot!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships