Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:40 PM

17 posts, read 18,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
what women don't understand is that men cheat (engage in semi "polygamy" ) it is not becuase
they don't care for or they are not in love with their existing mate.

It is just that their hormones got the best of them in that period of time.

very similar to how women's hormone's get in the way during their monthly cycle.

for a long in society there was pressure on women to stay in miserable marriages.

now women face another peer pressure in the form why don't you dump that guy because he looked at some other hot woman.

do what's good for your mental health. screw what other think. life is too complicated as it is.
Exactly this is what I wish women would understand that just because your man cheats on you does not mean he doesn't love you. Men are actually capable of having sex without emotion. In an ideal world with no diseases (STDs. Where did STDs come from anyway??) I wouldn't mind if my man had slept around on me, as long as I am the number one woman in his life (wife) it won't matter. Folks just try to imagine a society that's just strictly monogamous. It won't work out. Men's nature won't allow it. And what's wrong with that? :/

Last edited by MsCuellar22; 12-03-2014 at 06:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
What this whole thread is assuming is that men cannot control themselves and have a natural instinct to be polygamous. This is just not the case because you are not giving men the benefit of the doubt that they are INTELLIGENT HUMANS with brains that are capable of overcoming "instinct." Sure, attraction is attraction, but when it becomes action, it is pathetic to excuse that by saying they can't control themselves.

Also, a guy is not 'promiscuous' when he is just looking at other women, so I have no idea where that idea came from.

http://replygif.net/i/272.gif

What a convenient excuse for male cheaters. Guess we should just accept that men give in to their base emotions because they are...stupid?? No, I will never believe that. In your world, why do women cheat then? Because they are evil?
No no no. You have it all wrong. I do not think men are stupid. Nor am I under the ignorant impression
that either gender is better than the other. Both genders are superior in their own way because both follow important roles in life, and both compliment each other. The man and woman infinitely compliment each other like yin-yang. And also there is nothing wrong with a man who cheats. Men are natural breeders and it is in their instinct to spread their seed. Women need to accept this so we can move on. I as a woman has accepted this, and I instinctively have no problem with it because I know that the best man has every right to spread his genes. Women know they are attracted to men who have wooing power over a large number of women because they know they want to reap the benefits of having children that share his genes. I hope you understand what I am trying to say I am not too good with words, but humans are naturally attracted to what everyone else finds attractive. You mean to tell me you wouldn't like an alpha man who has such seductive power over tons of women? You can see this in women who worship male celebrities. Men have the ability to have sex without emotion. It has nothing to do with them being stupid and that's not what I was implying. Men are very smart, and so are women. But men will never stop checking out other women its just in their nature. In fact I believe polygamy can help with divorces. Women need to stop being so insecure and trying to hold a man on a leash. When you try to trap a man it makes him pull away. Men are creatures of freedom. They love to feel independent and be able to be their own being, they don't like to be tied down against their will. Omg am I making sense here? I have a mental block right now and I am not able to use words as good as I used to.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:00 PM

I've read that some women cheat when they don't feel loved by their partners. When I was madly in love with my ex I never once thought about cheating. It was like a spell all I could ever think about kissing or making love to was him. But his true colors showed, and that was that. :/

Last edited by MsCuellar22; 12-03-2014 at 06:10 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 06:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCuellar22 View Post
No no no. You have it all wrong. I do not think men are stupid. Nor am I under the ignorant impression
that either gender is better than the other. Both genders are superior in their own way because both follow important roles in life, and both compliment each other. The man and woman infinitely compliment each other like yin-yang. And also there is nothing wrong with a man who cheats. Men are natural breeders and it is in their instinct to spread their seed. Women need to accept this so we can move on. I as a woman has accepted this, and I instinctively have no problem with it because I know that the best man has every right to spread his genes. Women know they are attracted to men who have wooing power over a large number of women because they know they want to reap the benefits of having children that share his genes. I hope you understand what I am trying to say I am not too good with words, but humans are naturally attracted to what everyone else finds attractive. You mean to tell me you wouldn't like an alpha man who has such seductive power over tons of women? You can see this in women who worship male celebrities. Men have the ability to have sex without emotion. It has nothing to do with them being stupid and that's not what I was implying. Men are very smart, and so are women. But men will never stop checking out other women its just in their nature. In fact I believe polygamy can help with divorces. Women need to stop being so insecure and trying to hold a man on a leash. When you try to trap a man it makes him pull away. Men are creatures of freedom. They love to feel independent and be able to be their own being, they don't like to be tied down against their will. Omg am I making sense here? I have a mental block right now and I am not able to use words as good as I used to.
Well ladies and gents, prepare your flamethrowers.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Well ladies and gents, prepare your flamethrowers.
Well most likely the ladies will just attack me. I dont see why men would have a problem with this.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Maybe the admins should close this thread. I can already see it not going anywhere. I keep forgetting I live in a society that just believes in strict monogamy.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Well most likely the ladies will just attack me. I dont see why men would have a problem with this.
Because believe it or not, not every man cheats on their SO/wife. Some guys do believe in being faithful and even if the opportunity presents itself would turn it down.

On another note, what you mentioned on your previous post is not cheating. Cheating is essentially deception and dishonesty. If you know your man is boning other women and you are okay with it than he isn't cheating.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:32 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,603 times
Quote:
that either gender is better than the other...[snip]
All I see here is that you had a bad experience with one man, so you are assuming all men are the same because it helps you deal with your own issues.

You say you don't think men are stupid, but you don't give them credit for the fact that they are humans and can overcome whatever it is you deem "natural." OF COURSE people are attracted to other people when they are in a relationship, but that does not make them not monogamous.

You have also not considered the problematic nature of polygamy in this country and the fact many young girls are abused as a result of it. Not everyone can, or wants, to live in a polyamorous way. I agree that I think they should have the right to do so if they feel like it (without the worrisome religious trend), but I will NEVER agree that all men are the same just because your bf looked at other women.

Get some perspective and stop looking at things as black-and-white.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Because believe it or not, not every man cheats on their SO/wife. Some guys do believe in being faithful and even if the opportunity presents itself would turn it down.

On another note, what you mentioned on your previous post is not cheating. Cheating is essentially deception and dishonesty. If you know your man is boning other women and you are okay with it than he isn't cheating.
Okay you said it much better than I could. I had already mentioned I am not too good with words as much as I used to be. Its because of stress. But yes I wouldn't mind if I knew he was boning other women yes that is the proper way to say it. Cheating is basically like lying. But at the end of the day it DOES NOT mean the man does not love his wife. I dont know what's so hard to understand about this. I think it has something to do with trust issues. I know men stay faithful to one woman because he loves her, but you cannot convince me that there is no man who would turn down sex with another woman if his wife was okay with it. Hmm?

Old 12-03-2014, 06:43 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,603 times
Quote:
Okay you said it much better than I could. I had already mentioned I am not too good with words as much as I used to be. Its because of stress. But yes I wouldn't mind if I knew he was boning other women yes that is the proper way to say it. Cheating is basically like lying. But at the end of the day it DOES NOT mean the man does not love his wife. I dont know what's so hard to understand about this. I think it has something to do with trust issues. I know men stay faithful to one woman because he loves her, but you cannot convince me that there is no man who would turn down sex with another woman if his wife was okay with it. Hmm?
I am sorry that you are stressed and you've been through a lot, but your error here is that you are choosing to generalize all men. They don't all think with their nether regions and MANY of them would not cheat on their wives. You choosing not to believe it is only doing a disservice to yourself, because now you have decided to just give your future boyfriend an excuse to sleep around due to men's perceived "nature." The only 'nature' we can't overcome are the absolute needs like food, sleep, etc. Sex is a need too, but sex with everyone is certainly not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships