U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 04:26 PM

6 posts, read 5,130 times

Advertisements

I'm going to explain the story using roommate 1, roommate 2, and "Joe" to keep it simpler because it's a very confusing story.

------------------------------
Roommate 1 meets Joe on the weekend. They were both drunk and they exchanged numbers at some point in the night. Roommate 1 brings Joe to her house to hangout and Roommate 2 joins in on the conversation. Roommate 2 learns that Joe is in her class.

Roommate 2 invited Joe to hangout over the weekend after class, and Joe asks for her number.

When the weekend comes, Roommate 1 texts Joe to see what he is doing. Joe never responds. Later that night, Joe texts roommate 2 to hangout.

Joe asks roommate 2 to hangout and do homework together, and no longer texts roommate 1.
------------------------------

Okay so basically, I'm roommate 2 and my friend is roommate 1. How do I handle this situation? It's super awkward because my roommate technically met him first and now he's texting me and not her. He just invited me over to study.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:28 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,468,165 times
It's not that confusing a story, really. He just likes you more than your roommate. It's only awkward if your roommate and you both like him...if your roommate just sees him as a friend (and that may well be true considering they just met) then I don't see what the big deal would be.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:41 PM

43,204 posts, read 41,793,678 times
I can't believe you made a move on a guy your roommate had dibs on.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:41 PM

9,875 posts, read 20,154,795 times
Well, you stole your roommate's "boyfriend" didn't you? She'll probably hate you forever and leave you stuck with unpaid rent and a sink full of dirty dishes.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:45 PM

6 posts, read 5,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I can't believe you made a move on a guy your roommate had dibs on.
I didnt make a move. I invited him over that weekend to hangout with his roommates and my roommates. I never said anything about just me and him.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:46 PM

43,204 posts, read 41,793,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningmoon View Post
I didnt make a move. I invited him over that weekend to hangout with his roommates and my roommates. I never said anything about just me and him.

"You invited him ..." That's all your roommate will hear.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:54 PM

837 posts, read 781,696 times
You could've avoided the awkwardness if you told your friend that she's welcome to invite her new buddy to the group's hangout/study date. Instead of doing it yourself personally.

It's out of your control who this guy ends up liking or wanting to hang out with, but if you value the relationship with your roommate and want to avoid a tense living situation if she ends up feeling bad, tell the guy no thanks or that you prefer to hang out with him when roommate #1 is around.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:26 PM

9,763 posts, read 6,723,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningmoon View Post
Yeah, but you gave him that c'mon look that says "I am available". Not nice to make a move on the friends of your room mate.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,275,513 times
This can only get better. Please keep us updated as the drama intensifies. Are you and roomate 1 close? If you are...that may not last long.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:00 PM

9,593 posts, read 17,168,542 times
I think the reactions to this are even funnier than the story itself. First of all, is Roommate #1 even all that crazy about Joe? It sounds like they just met. Guys do that all the time--see one girl so they can get to another.

It all reminds me of a situation I had in college only I'm pretty sure mine was worse. I had this really cute roommate who was very fit and attractive to the guys and she knew it. Every time I had a date over she would decide it was time to work out and put on her shortest shorts and a low cut tank top w/ no bra and then head over to the dining room which was in wide open view of where my date was sitting on the couch. She would do toe touches with her a$$ in the air and pointed our way and then she could do the splits all the way down. Chinese. By the time she got all the way to the floor my date's eyeballs were rolling on the floor and I'd mop them up and send him home. Actually this happened just once b/c I had enough sense to not have dates over again when she was around and I moved out at the end of the semester, never to see her again. I think she became a doctor of conventional medicine and I only do holistic now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or