Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 10:40 PM

125 posts, read 282,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yah, I can't imagine a true soul mate breaking up with you and giving absolutely no reason, followed by getting with an insta-boyfriend who was waiting in the wings or perhaps overlapping...

Your bar for who constitutes a soul mate seems to be pretty low.
Zing!

If she was your "soulmate" or was even remotely into you she wouldn't have waited weeks to respond to you Sorry dude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 10:43 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times

Old 12-07-2014, 10:44 PM

323 posts, read 308,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
Yes

No reason given. But, she had a boyfriend before we even broke up.
Fixed that for you.

You screwed up, big-time.

Just walk away. No matter what she says or does. If she comes back with the stuff you would have wanted to hear, oh well, tell her you made a huge mistake and upon further consideration, you need time for YOU. And then never talk to her again. Find other girls to date.

You surrendered not only ANY scrap of power you might have had in this relationship, but also any chance of her ever respecting you. If you don't walk away, and instead choose to maintain a relationship, you are going to come to understand the meaning of the words "suffering" and "misery".

Old 12-08-2014, 12:03 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Fixed that for you.

You screwed up, big-time.

Just walk away. No matter what she says or does. If she comes back with the stuff you would have wanted to hear, oh well, tell her you made a huge mistake and upon further consideration, you need time for YOU. And then never talk to her again. Find other girls to date.

You surrendered not only ANY scrap of power you might have had in this relationship, but also any chance of her ever respecting you. If you don't walk away, and instead choose to maintain a relationship, you are going to come to understand the meaning of the words "suffering" and "misery".
A bit of harsh reality for the OP, but I agree.

I do agree that in general, women seem to be attracted to guys that have some mystery about them, guys that aren't too sappy and too nice all the time. Once a guy opens his heart and soul to a girl like that, a girl that seemingly doesn't want any further relationship to begin with, I just can't see it going well.

You can't make a girl like you any more with love letters and confessions, that kind of thing only happens in the movies.

I know it's going to be hard for the OP to just walk away and let go as you advise. If it were only that easy, then he would not have posted on this forum.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:47 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,472 times
Let this be a lesson to every man out there to never "bare your soul" or "lay all the cards out on the table" in am email, because you will get laughed at, and it begs of being a wuss, and no chick will respect you.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Let this be a lesson to every man out there to never "bare your soul" or "lay all the cards out on the table", because you will get laughed at, and it begs of being a wuss, and no chick will respect you.
Fixt

Old 12-08-2014, 06:42 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Move on and start hitting the gym, raise those testosterone levels some and find a chick who is local, hot, and available.

Most of all - TALK TO HER. NO EMAIL.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:06 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,855,397 times
Got a text from her this morning that she misses me and wants to see me. So, I guess acting like a "sap" did work.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Got a text from her this morning that she misses me and wants to see me. So, I guess acting like a "sap" did work.
What will her BF say??!!

Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Pack a bag because you're about to be taken for a ride.

I tried to warn you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships