U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 12:30 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,483,014 times

Advertisements

Not really looking for "advice", as that is going extremely well.

What I'm looking for is some words, a poem, or something eloquent to put on a Christmas card. I bought my daughter and girlfriend each a mani/pedi gift certificate so they can go together. They get along great, but I'm not great with words, and I'm looking for ideas of how to express how they are both incredibly important to me in different (non-competing) ways.

I know what's in my head, and I don't really plan to cut and paste some lame Hallmark thing, but just need to see some ideas to spark my own creativity.

Anyone know of a place to look, or a decent google search to point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 12:38 PM

33,649 posts, read 51,869,674 times
Google

Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 PM

6,394 posts, read 4,483,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Want to show me the results you got? I googled before ever posting. Found one or two interesting articles, but nothing really helpful for what I posted.

(Admittedly, I may be doing my search wrong, but I tried a few different things and didn't come up with anything.)

Old 12-08-2014, 01:09 PM

6,121 posts, read 3,066,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not really looking for "advice", as that is going extremely well.

What I'm looking for is some words, a poem, or something eloquent to put on a Christmas card. I bought my daughter and girlfriend each a mani/pedi gift certificate so they can go together. They get along great, but I'm not great with words, and I'm looking for ideas of how to express how they are both incredibly important to me in different (non-competing) ways.

I know what's in my head, and I don't really plan to cut and paste some lame Hallmark thing, but just need to see some ideas to spark my own creativity.

Anyone know of a place to look, or a decent google search to point me in the right direction?
Creativity starts from not being afraid about others judging you.

You want to write something for two important people in your life. Just let the words flow from the heart. If it doesn't read like literary genius, who cares? I believe they will see your genuine love through your words.

If it makes it easier, you can speak you words into a recorded first (computer), then transfer those words to paper (many programs can do this automatically where you just need to edit).

Last edited by metalmancpa; 12-08-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 01:10 PM

5,121 posts, read 5,294,521 times
Write down what's in your head... no matter how awkward or sloppy. Just put it on paper. Then read it out loud to yourself and start editing. Just look at it every day for a little bit and see if you need to tweak it some. It will be well crafted by Christmas and it will be your own words too.

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2014, 12:20 AM

16,416 posts, read 25,230,800 times
Don't do a poem.

The best thing you can do is not think, just write in the card what you like about her and why you're happy with her. Write without thinking, then don't read it again and give it to her.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:15 AM

4,294 posts, read 2,886,094 times
ask grand pa google
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or