Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 02:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,698,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The irony is how much PRIDE you take in being "good," which in your mind = better than everyone else.

GET OVER YOURSELF.

It's about God, not you.
And doesn't pride cometh before a fall?

Be careful OP, that sanctimonious attitude might come back to bite ya in the ass.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:43 PM

78 posts, read 56,018 times
Quote:
The irony is how much PRIDE you take in being "good," which in your mind = better than everyone else.

GET OVER YOURSELF.

It's about God, not you.
I was just complaining that it is hard to find someone that meets my standards, whereas a generation ago this were the common standards.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:43 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,606,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr78512 View Post
Didn't I say I am pretty much content being single lest I find a time machine or something?
No, you didn't. To wit:

Quote:
...I would like to get married and have children.
Quote:
I would rather frankly be in a loveless marriage where I am not alone, than be in a marriage that is good and then it ends and whilst the other person goes and flouts around I have to stay true to my religion and never have sex again basically, and be alone for all my life.
All of these comments reveal fear, not contentment.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:44 PM

837 posts, read 956,815 times
Quote:

GET OVER YOURSELF.

It's about God, not you.
Right. God will enact judgment, whatever that means. Live your life how you think it should be lived, OP. You're not in a position to judge everyone or to do God's work of making them realize their sins.

If it's THAT unbearable to you, maybe you should consider a future in the church where you'll be surrounded by like-minded folks.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:45 PM

78 posts, read 56,018 times
Quote:
No, you didn't. To wit:

All of these comments reveal fear, not contentment.

That's for the practical reasons, like for someone to take care of me when I'm old or for me to carry on my family's last name. It sucks, but the current alternatives are worse. Life is scary generally. However I am not crying over singleness

Old 12-09-2014, 02:46 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,698,202 times
Quote:
However I am not crying over singleness
Trust me, none of us are crying over your singleness either.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 PM

837 posts, read 956,815 times
Quote:
Thank you for the quote. I like it.

It affects me like this, I pay income tax and that pays for the Boston Gay Pride celebration. If I owned a business and refused to refer to Laura and Jane and wives I could get sued. In that same business if a gay man applied for the job and I didn't hire him for the same reason you wouldn't hire a pedophile, I could lose my business. My faith is publicly mocked on television where in a different time those people would be burned at the stake. In the summer time when I go outside I basically have to cover my eyes because people think it's okay to be naked and I don't need to see that.
Well, I can't help you there because I'm one of those that believe two humans have the right to love each other. Love is beautiful and it makes no difference to me if it's between two men or two women, as long as it's consenting adults.

Maybe my acceptance of that has something to do with me being happy for them and living my generally pleasant life? Everyday is beautiful when you don't look for the bad in people.

If you go outside and the majority of people are enjoying themselves, whether gay or shirtless, sorry buddy...you're the minority that's there to ruin a perfectly good time. Go find somewhere to live where you go outside to straight folks covered in clothing all the time. Those places are out there waiting for you.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,777,253 times
OP, you really need to talk to a priest... someone with years of training in Catechism and who knows and studies Cannon Law. I think you are getting some things wrong and making incorrect assumptions and I have to wonder if this is making you suffer scrupulosity--which is something Catholics should avoid. It takes away your peace... and what is the absence of peace?

This might help you get started: Catholic Spiritual Direction and Library : Scrupulosity And How To Overcome It - Catholic Culture

Old 12-09-2014, 02:53 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,390,488 times
some take these threads a lil too personal

there is never a need to direct a post directly at me

i am making general opinions and if it doesnt apply to you then noone should take offense

i do understand that "marriage" is a touchy subject for most women as it is a lifelong dream of theirs that was conditioned into them since they were yay high

i understand, its very hard to deprogram people after so much intense programming. trust me i have tried to deprogram many women and all i get are a bunch of syntax errors

some of those command lines with text like "romantic" "white picket fence" "2.5 kids" "monogamy" "rose petals"

all that nonsense is just hard coded and very difficult to delete

Old 12-09-2014, 02:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,078,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
some take these threads a lil too personal

there is never a need to direct a post directly at me

i am making general opinions and if it doesnt apply to you then noone should take offense

i do understand that "marriage" is a touchy subject for most women as it is a lifelong dream of theirs that was conditioned into them since they were yay high

i understand, its very hard to deprogram people after so much intense programming. trust me i have tried to deprogram many women and all i get are a bunch of syntax errors

some of those command lines with text like "romantic" "white picket fence" "2.5 kids" "monogamy" "rose petals"

all that nonsense is just hard coded and very difficult to delete
I'm confused. How is someone supposed to respond to your posts with out directing a post at you? HOw is that offensive or an indication that offense was taken. When people have discussions - they address each other directly.

"Marriage" isn't a touchy subject. I love my marriage - and so does my husband. He wanted to get married just as much as I did. If someone doesn't want to get married - they don't have to. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships