Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 05:56 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur tafero View Post
Hi,

I really dont want to date anyone over 40 (have been there and done that). They are just not as sexually active enough for me. I know it is not their fault because of menopause and dryness and all of those other unfortunate biological effects of aging.

Best Regards
Arthur H Tafero
I don't know about the women you slept with who were over 40 but in my circle the women over 40 are hot and ready and pretty wild.

FYI most women are not menopausal until at least 50.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:30 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
As a guy...I couldn't do it. I'm not all that young but I am 35 years younger than she is. Just knowing that her hay day was in the 60's would creep me out.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,421,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
A friend of mine with whom I recently became reaquainted after losing touch for a year or two begrudgingly revealed to me that she was involved with a much older man. She is 32 (but her appearance is so youthful that she still gets carded), and he is 65. I say begrudgingly because, I suppose, since we hadn't spoken in a while, perhaps she thought I would judge her unfairly or harshly, which was not the case. To each her own, whatever floats your boat [insert desired cliche here].

Anyway, my question here is about judgment; since I know this particular woman, I am aware of certain issues that she has. Therefore, I know she is not a "gold-digger" or any other negative stereotype that some might place on a younger woman who dates a much older man. I know she definitely has concerns about being "taken care of," but I mean that as in emotionally, not financially. So, regardless of my friend in particular, as a whole, how does society view a woman dating a man that much older than her?

Out of curiosity: if you saw a woman walking down the street with a man who could perhaps be as old as her father, older uncle, or even grandfather, what would you think if you saw them holding hands and kissing romantically?
I just wonder how the general public views this kind of relationship.
Can you do me a favour? shake his hand from me.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,188 times
Well I really don't think it's a big thing to fuzz about. I'm 23 and I have a taste for elder men who are have a very sporty look. I have tried dating younger men less than 30 but I really can't. Love has no barriers in anyway although society creates rules and ya sometime young girls of my age when dating old men others might consider it's solely because of money or looking for a partner of a fatherly figure. In my case I guess your friend's age is not a big thing with her experiences because I'm dating a man of 63 allright and we both love each other, no commitments and I don't expect either since he got a daughter who's two years elder to me and reality is such we cannot be together forever as well since I know how hard it is in reality in this society. But we two are so attracted to each other and although I know he will very much like to push on me he respects my views of not going to that extent. We two just can't stay without seeing or hearing each others voice and he makes me happy in everyway unlike any other so what more I can expect ???

Old 04-05-2011, 03:32 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times

YouTube - big daddy - Old balls?! GROSS!!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:18 PM

30,991 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl2010 View Post
Well I really don't think it's a big thing to fuzz about. I'm 23 and I have a taste for elder men who are have a very sporty look. I have tried dating younger men less than 30 but I really can't. Love has no barriers in anyway although society creates rules and ya sometime young girls of my age when dating old men others might consider it's solely because of money or looking for a partner of a fatherly figure. In my case I guess your friend's age is not a big thing with her experiences because I'm dating a man of 63 allright and we both love each other, no commitments and I don't expect either since he got a daughter who's two years elder to me and reality is such we cannot be together forever as well since I know how hard it is in reality in this society. But we two are so attracted to each other and although I know he will very much like to push on me he respects my views of not going to that extent. We two just can't stay without seeing or hearing each others voice and he makes me happy in everyway unlike any other so what more I can expect ???
Initially I thought it is kind of gross, being a 40 year age gap and all, but then again I had a thing for this gal that was about your age and I was 15 years older than her. I look much younger than I am so no one made any rude comments. Eventually I realized how immature and judgmental she was and had to take an exit. Not saying your like that at all. Anyway, if you have a thing for him more power to you!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,017,781 times
I know a young woman of 18 who is with and pregnant by, a 62yo man. I think that's just wrong. People must think he is her grandpa when they are out together. The old guy should be ashamed of himself.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:31 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Not gonna lie, I'd think that couple would look incredibly strange.

Unfortunately for me, whenever I try to picture a young woman with an older man, the older man looks like Colonel Sanders which isn't helping the case.

But the very first thing that I would think of is gold digging. I've yet to meet a woman that has said to me "I will only date old men." The gap here would probably be huge, and the sex drives would probably be different, which would probably be a big reason why they would separate.

I don't know if that's really accurate, but only giving it a minute or 2 of thought, that's my first guess.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM

113 posts, read 195,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalogirl View Post
Now a days who can tell if there is an age difference or not. I think society, as a whole, worries too much about things like this. Kinda goes along with "You can't wear white after Labor Day". Honestly, who makes up these rules? Don't get me wrong, I think if there are minors involved, that is a whole different issue. But as long as there are two consulting adults, people need to let them live their own lives, make their own choices, as long as no one gets hurt....IMHO
YES YES YES YES!!!! Absolutely! Clapping with standing ovation! Society has NO RIGHT to judge anyone, period! Two adults together is two adults...whats the problem?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM

113 posts, read 195,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I know a young woman of 18 who is with and pregnant by, a 62yo man. I think that's just wrong. People must think he is her grandpa when they are out together. The old guy should be ashamed of himself.
May I ask who you think you are? She's 18, right? That means she is an adult and love knows no age boundaries! If you can give us all a good, substantive, logical, reality based arugment why two adults of an age difference cannot be together and WHY a younger ADULT or older ADULT should be ashamed of themselves for being in love and having a family together, please do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.