U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM

959 posts, read 290,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffre111 View Post
Another perspective... I am 63 and single and involved with a 25 year old woman, thus far just online. She has a strong father hunger as she was raised by her dad (and aunt) and devastated when he passed a couple of years ago at 73. I am trying to maintain some degree of integrity and remind her that I am not her father and never will be. She is very cute and is learning a lot about the world of late. She does not like "men" here age very much as she feels they are immature and unreliable. My experience in life is helpful to her in terms of making her aware of the need for judgment and self-protection in the world. She is a conscientious learner and really wants to become more planful and circumspect which she really needs to do since she is in a situation involving her inheritance where she could be taken advantage of her great detriment. I find her very attractive and full of energy which is a boost for me at this stage in life.

From an older man's point of view, I have mixed feelings about meeting which she wants to do. (She doesn't live in my area.) I imagine walking down the street with her and what people will think about me. I also am not sure that I want to be in this more mature/teaching mode ongoingly. It is out of balance and wearing because I do care about her and do not want to see her make poor decisions that will harm her.
If I saw a woman who looks like she is in her 20s making out in public with a man who looks like he is in 60s, I would think the woman is a gold digger. Unless ofcourse the woman is butt ugly, than I won't believe she is a gold digger because of her physical appearence she can't be picky so she has to settle for any man that gives her the time of the day.

Obviously it is more belieavable for an ugly woman in her 20s to be physically attracted to a man in his 60s, than it is for a beautiful woman in her 20s to be physically attracted to a man in his 60s.

I doubt very much there are a lot of hot young females in high school and college that drool over Harrison Ford or Burt Reynolds in their current age. Maybe if they saw pictures of them when they were younger, but not in their current age right now.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffre111 View Post
I imagine walking down the street with her and what people will think about me.
I know what men will think: you lucky SOB!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM

8,467 posts, read 7,078,205 times
When I see a 65 year old man going with a much younger woman I usually think gold digger. Maybe he doesn't have that much gold, but much more than her.
What does he get out of it? Maybe a chance to be a father after a childless life, maybe a future nursemaid. And there is the showoff factor, Hey, look at me! Definitely if he is driving a sports car.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 PM

9,074 posts, read 6,721,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
If I saw a woman who looks like she is in her 20s making out in public with a man who looks like he is in 60s...
I never see this anywhere, thank God..

Old 04-23-2011, 03:56 PM

6 posts, read 15,419 times
Whether its an older man/younger woman or an Older woman/younger man I think society really needs to get over it. I mean come on...we've accepted inter-racial/gay/etc relationships but somehow age gap is such a big taboo.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,835,476 times
I'm in my 20's and I'm with a guy 30+ years older than myself. It's certainly not based in daddy issues for me, but the fact that I can be with someone who is incredibly well-spoken, educated, and accomplished. I have a great relationship with my parents, and they both approve of him. He has children (two of which are close to my age), and they're all urging us to go ahead and get serious so they can have a brother or sister...we haven't been met with any resistance at all from family. The income disparity is there for now, but we have equal expenditures with each other, at my insistence. I'm not a gold-digger; he just has a nicer home and car than I do.

The physical side is definitely, definitely not a problem either. Intimacy is uh, mind-blowing and frequent. I tend to dress rather professionally and he's a big tall ex-athlete who is still very active, so I think that helps with not getting stares in public. I get mistaken for his wife, not his daughter. I have more gray in my hair than he does. Our age gap isn't quite as noticeable, but it's there. Women my age come on to him ALL the time. I find it flattering.

To any women who are considering it, I highly urge you to not discount dating someone just because they're significantly older. When I first became interested and I found out how old he was, I was absolutely shocked and put that thought out of my mind. Two years later, after a flourishing friendship and still being seriously attracted to him, I figured that I should give it a shot. Glad I did- it's been almost a year and I'm happy as ever.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM

9,864 posts, read 5,268,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
I'm in my 20's and I'm with a guy 30+ years older than myself. It's certainly not based in daddy issues for me, but the fact that I can be with someone who is incredibly well-spoken, educated, and accomplished. I have a great relationship with my parents, and they both approve of him. He has children (two of which are close to my age), and they're all urging us to go ahead and get serious so they can have a brother or sister...we haven't been met with any resistance at all from family. The income disparity is there for now, but we have equal expenditures with each other, at my insistence. I'm not a gold-digger; he just has a nicer home and car than I do.

The physical side is definitely, definitely not a problem either. Intimacy is uh, mind-blowing and frequent. I tend to dress rather professionally and he's a big tall ex-athlete who is still very active, so I think that helps with not getting stares in public. I get mistaken for his wife, not his daughter. I have more gray in my hair than he does. Our age gap isn't quite as noticeable, but it's there. Women my age come on to him ALL the time. I find it flattering.
To any women who are considering it, I highly urge you to not discount dating someone just because they're significantly older. When I first became interested and I found out how old he was, I was absolutely shocked and put that thought out of my mind. Two years later, after a flourishing friendship and still being seriously attracted to him, I figured that I should give it a shot. Glad I did- it's been almost a year and I'm happy as ever.
If the guy is really good looking, rich, or famous, the age standard is typically ignored! I won't even date someone in their early 20s and I'm in my late 30s. A 60 year old seeing a 20 year old in this society is eh "Awkward".

Old 05-25-2011, 12:36 AM

1 posts, read 11,186 times
I am currently in a relationship with a 67 year old man. I am 38 but people say a look 25. Even our differences, because there are many different needs and interest, we enjoy eachother so much. He is a man that enjoys taking care of his woman and I enjoy the royal treatment. When it comes to sex, is quality that matters not quantity. I am very happy to have a wonderful man next to me every night. I don't desire to be with younger man, I love my status, I enjoy our conversations and we also have music in common. We play and sing toguether, some people say they understand once they hear us sing and play in public, is interesting. I am madly in love and only wish for this to last as much as possible. I do get sad thinking about him living this world before me.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 PM

959 posts, read 290,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxymart View Post
I am currently in a relationship with a 67 year old man. I am 38 but people say a look 25. Even our differences, because there are many different needs and interest, we enjoy eachother so much. He is a man that enjoys taking care of his woman and I enjoy the royal treatment. When it comes to sex, is quality that matters not quantity. I am very happy to have a wonderful man next to me every night. I don't desire to be with younger man, I love my status, I enjoy our conversations and we also have music in common. We play and sing toguether, some people say they understand once they hear us sing and play in public, is interesting. I am madly in love and only wish for this to last as much as possible. I do get sad thinking about him living this world before me.
Since you look 25, has anybody ever confused your boyfriend for being your grandfather ?

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxymart View Post
I do get sad thinking about him living this world before me.
Enjoy it! You never know who leaves this world first....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships