Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 PM

283 posts, read 524,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
If you friend is happy that is all that matters.
I am 14 years older than my husband, neither of us wanted children so there was never that issue.
If anyone has a problem with it, hey you know what thats their problem. Don't want to hang out with us oh well too bad.
I'd hang out with you anytime friend. But then again, you know i'm envious of your toilet paper roll collection

Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Sorry sierraAZ, I think you misunderstood- when I wrote "society," I meant all of you folks, LOL .
I may talk with you, but I'm not taking you to bed ... yet! Don't take you to parties or on vacation, either. Granted, you do talk back (not as good as pets ), but the best part is I can shut you up with one click!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I may talk with you, but I'm not taking you to bed ... yet! Don't take you to parties or on vacation, either. Granted, you do talk back (not as good as pets ), but the best part is I can shut you up with one click!
Hey no parties?? NO FAIR!! I'll take off the lampshade, I promise!!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:03 PM

26 posts, read 116,961 times
It wouldn't bother me regardless of age. Some states are giving 11 yr old girls birth control pills. Does that mean the age of consent is 11 now?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:08 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
It wouldn't bother me regardless of age. Some states are giving 11 yr old girls birth control pills. Does that mean the age of consent is 11 now?
no, but their parents should be but in the stocks in the town square

Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I believe, in my heart, you have to look at an issue as such...

if two people are happy together, and not using the other for personal or financial gain, but simply happy together, nothing that anyone else thinks, matters....

also, when what ever a human being does with their lives, doesn't affect others, then, so be it..but we must remember, that, when we hurt others in a negative way, or for personal gains, then we create bad karma. We are all connected...and your actions, words, can severely affect another's life, for life...in a very negative way.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:23 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
What states are doing that? Plus I'm sure that those same states still have statutory rape laws in effect. The fact is, teens are having sex an earlier age now and amongst themselves, not with adults. Preaching abstinence to those underage is not working. It's a far better alternative to having those teens get pregnant.

Too bad Jamie-Lynn Spears wasn't on birth control pills.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:

I understand where your coming from, but if you look at the other side of this, and actually this would be another thread...so I apologize, but.....kids are kids and some know more then they should, and they are going to experiment, regardless of how well they were raised, so rather then have an unwanted child, why not allow the girls to have birth control, which would certainly also help minimize abortions. Sex is a human behavior that will forever and always be, it isn't dirty, and isn't to be taken lightly...until we learn to take away the pleasure of sex and use it only for procreation, and I hope they never do, but I think you understand where I'm going with this....

But yes, your point well taken.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 01-05-2008 at 12:00 PM..

Old 01-05-2008, 11:55 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
I hope your kidding me right? As in the age of consent to have sex with an adult?

No one is saying that an 11 year old should be having sex with anyone but the reality is that parents aren't watching their kids and the abstinence only program that fundies advocate is not working because the birth rate among minors is higher then ever.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I hope your kidding me right? As in the age of consent to have sex with an adult?

No one is saying that an 11 year old should be having sex with anyone but the reality is that parents aren't watching their kids and the abstinence only program that fundies advocate is not working because the birth rate among minors is higher then ever.
Lindsey, ever since the beginning of time, abstinence has never worked, b/c Sex is a human need and desire...and yes, I agree with you all the way....but anyone who believes abstinence is what guides children, well, I think you might need a reality check, b/c kids fear nothing and love to experiment, since the beginning of time...there have been women who have been pregnant and banned from society b/c of it.

Look, just the other week, a woman was rapped by some Pakistan man, I think it was Pakistan, and SHE was placed in Prison...how primitive their thinking, but are we any better...religion I believe distorts the entire idea of freedom and choice, free will, and really makes sex as ugly, and it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships