Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:07 PM

857 posts, read 4,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy K View Post
I think nothing is wrong here. In some countrys its fine to have husband or wife much younger. I have seen 45 year old man with 14 year old girl and get along very well. They have 1 child together in nice relationship. For me the youngest I been with he was 13 and I was 17. If you are comfortable it is okay to do this.
Can you say ped-o-philia?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:28 PM

857 posts, read 4,878,633 times
When I was 20 I was going out with a man who was 40. He wasn't much to look at but he had a genius-level IQ. I thought it was cool because I thought it was a reflection of my worldliness and maturity. That's because I was too naive to realize that it was because I was 5'10 and 125 lbs and looked like a model ( don't anymore... thats for sure!) and he looked like a toadstool. He liked to take me out to very public places where people knew him. I look back on that and wonder why men think people think more highly of them if they have some hot youngster with them. Generally, it just causes people to speculate on his bank account and her motives.

I had always dated men who were older than me because my "type" was eggheads. Didn't care what they looked like as long as they were very, very intelligent. When I was younger my type was Hanibal Lechter. If a man seemed like someone that I could learn a lot from then I found him attractive.
As I got older I started liking nice men better than brilliant men, not that the two are mutually exclusive. Now I am married to one helluva nice guy who is only 10 years older than me and even though I can kick his a** on Jeopardy I couldn't be happier.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:14 AM

107 posts, read 96,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
Can you say ped-o-philia?
I do not know what you speak of with this word. But to previous post I must say looks always come first then brain. If you have ugly partner with smart brain you will be mad for entire life. You have sexual relations with a man or woman and this come first.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 AM

62 posts, read 299,716 times
Quote:
I do not know what you speak of with this word. But to previous post I must say looks always come first then brain. If you have ugly partner with smart brain you will be mad for entire life. You have sexual relations with a man or woman and this come first.
I bet you are an ugly man.

Your first sentence really shows that you are faking it..pretending to have a difficult time with English.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
I'd never want to be in a relationship with someone old enough to be my father, or grandfather. What if you want kids, will he be there to help you raise them or will he even want to start a family? There are so many things you have to think about.. Will you be taking care of the older person later on? I figure for some it's looking for a father figure and for some it's looking for financial security or some other need they need to fill. Also armcandy, an old man with a young girl or vice versa can be just that. Look at some old famous people with their young wives. Then they become a father at age 90...LOL
But to each his own. I'm just stating my opinion.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Once again, I have typed a huge post, only to hit the back button.

Just not even worth it.

Some of you are finding Stacy Ks post funny, appealing... I find them

well, I wont say that, or I will once again, have to hit the back button, as not to offend.

Not that I am saying anything offensive.... just touching on reality...

No back button this time.

Just me thinking these posts are insane and off the wall

Old 02-10-2008, 11:35 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
A friend of mine with whom I recently became reaquainted after losing touch for a year or two begrudgingly revealed to me that she was involved with a much older man. She is 32 (but her appearance is so youthful that she still gets carded), and he is 65. I say begrudgingly because, I suppose, since we hadn't spoken in a while, perhaps she thought I would judge her unfairly or harshly, which was not the case. To each her own, whatever floats your boat [insert desired cliche here].

Anyway, my question here is about judgment; since I know this particular woman, I am aware of certain issues that she has. Therefore, I know she is not a "gold-digger" or any other negative stereotype that some might place on a younger woman who dates a much older man. I know she definitely has concerns about being "taken care of," but I mean that as in emotionally, not financially. So, regardless of my friend in particular, as a whole, how does society view a woman dating a man that much older than her?

Out of curiosity: if you saw a woman walking down the street with a man who could perhaps be as old as her father, older uncle, or even grandfather, what would you think if you saw them holding hands and kissing romantically?
I just wonder how the general public views this kind of relationship.
I'd think "Ewwwww. Incest."

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
We're all onto you now Stacy K. You should just give up this silly ruse and go back to playing video games with your pals. We already know you're a 13 year old boy, so why don't you give it a rest already?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i dated a 23 year old last year and im 59.
yes go on and say it.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:43 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I figure for some it's looking for a father figure and for some it's looking for financial security or some other need they need to fill. Also armcandy, an old man with a young girl or vice versa can be just that. Look at some old famous people with their young wives. Then they become a father at age 90...LOL
Yes, probably for some, these are the reasons that they are with who they are with. But, you know, in all my years on this earth, I have yet to see a "type of relationship" that I can look at and say, "wow, they really have this 'love' thing down".

*shrug* You're right, to each their own. And, frankly, I am enjoying hearing what "others" may think of my relationship. I'm just glad that I couldn't really care less what sort of derogatory things they think. Honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships