Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 09:34 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I know very few tall men that prefer short women, but I hear about it all the time. I prefer tall women myself, but not enough to list is as a filtering criteria
Someone else already mentioned it on this thread I believe, and I think it's accurate. The more stringent criterion that an individual employs in a particular vetting/procurement scenario usually indicates that they aren't in a big rush to acquire what it is they claim to be wanting. Therefore, any person with a long wish list for desirable traits in a partner is likely satisfied enough being alone. If someone comes along down the road that matches their criterion, all is great! If not, that's fine, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 09:35 AM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So - it's okay for you to have requirements but not for other people to have requirements? Don't you see the humor in this at all? What's wrong with women that are flat chested? You want someone with boobs? Are you also bringing boobs to the table? Because apparently, short women aren't allowed to require tall guys since they aren't bringing "tallness" to the table. So, by your own logic, if you want someone with boobs, you need to also be bringing boobs to the table!

By the way, I'm married and never did online dating - so I really don't care what other people do. I just think it's funny that people are getting all worked up about one woman's profile and her requirements - or short women who want tall men. People can "require" anything that they want to. If they don't find what they are looking for, they are the ones that will suffer. Why does it matter to anyone else?
Like I said back in post #11, it must be an ego thing. He must have found the girl attractive enough to look at her profile, yet she wouldn't be interested in him because he's not her type. His ego can't handle it so he created a thread to judge her for it.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:38 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I know very few tall men that prefer short women, but I hear about it all the time. I prefer tall women myself, but not enough to list is as a filtering criteria
Really? I don't know that I've ever really thought about what most tall men or what most short women want. I just know that everyone thought my parents were funny since there was over a foot height difference between them. My husband's parents have about a foot height difference and my husband and I have about an 8" difference. I like that my husband is a lot bigger than me - but that's because I'm neurotic about my size. I dated guys that were my height and guys that were a lot taller - I just wanted them to weigh more than me. I wanted to feel smaller than them. I don't think I ever would have put weight as a filter if I had done OLD - but I'm not sure I would be able to date someone that weighed less than me because of my own issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I think some tall guys have a thing for small women with big personalities.

I said "PERSONALITIES."
Haha!

Old 12-12-2014, 09:50 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
So - it's okay for you to have requirements but not for other people to have requirements? Don't you see the humor in this at all? What's wrong with women that are flat chested? You want someone with boobs? Are you also bringing boobs to the table? Because apparently, short women aren't allowed to require tall guys since they aren't bringing "tallness" to the table. So, by your own logic, if you want someone with boobs, you need to also be bringing boobs to the table!

By the way, I'm married and never did online dating - so I really don't care what other people do. I just think it's funny that people are getting all worked up about one woman's profile and her requirements - or short women who want tall men. People can "require" anything that they want to. If they don't find what they are looking for, they are the ones that will suffer. Why does it matter to anyone else?
Me dating a flat chested girl would be like a girl dating a shorter guy. Since the Median cup size is around 34DD I think I'm pretty reasonable in my requests and only a few women would get excluded. I'm realistically only excluding Asians, but I don't tend to find most Asian women attractive anyway.

Quote:
Why? Arthritis in your knees? I'm 5'5", and I can't seem to attract a man shorter than 6'2" these days. I've dated men of all heights, including my own, so it's not intentional. (Although in my young and stupid years 23 years ago I did have a personal stipulating 6'0". Women can be idiots in their youth just as much as men can. Met a lot of mean who met that requirement, and then ended up dating someone who was 5'9".)

Anyway, I've had more than one tall guy tell me he loves women who are a good bit smaller than he is. I guess it taps into their inner caveman, er, protective instincts, and makes them feel uber manly or something.
No, I just prefer to lean in for a kiss instead of bend over. Now if a girl wears high heels most of the time then that is a different story, but most around here only wear 2-3" heels.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:51 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Like I said back in post #11, it must be an ego thing. He must have found the girl attractive enough to look at her profile, yet she wouldn't be interested in him because he's not her type. His ego can't handle it so he created a thread to judge her for it.
A woman has "standards" if a man meets them, "unreasonable requirements" if he doesn't.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:00 AM

495 posts, read 610,790 times
Quote:
Why is a tall person incompatible with a short person? You think wanting someone of a certain height is a fetish? That's odd.

You can keep trying to explain it - but your breast/fat guy analogy isn't in the same vein. We just see things differently. I just think it's funny that it's okay for a tall guy to have a height requirement because it makes sense to you somehow but it's not okay for a short woman to have a height requirement because you see it as a fetish.
I think height extremities are cute. Whether it's the guy taller or the girl or both short or both tall.

The most adorable to me is both the Guy and girl under 5 feet and fit each other perfectly. That's as awww as it gets.

After that I love the 6 foot female with the very short guy

Third to that is any other height extreme combination

Last place is normal ....I like extranormal

What's nice is to know your height "tall or short" is advantageous not the opposite. And if your height is normal then something else can be your quirk.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:06 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Really? I don't know that I've ever really thought about what most tall men or what most short women want.
It's just what I've heard, but the concept has always seemed unusual to me. I do have a friend that's 6'1" that won't date a woman taller than like 5'4", and I never got it. I've heard that there are plenty more like him, but I don't know many personally.

It is certainly convenient to be tall enough myself to not have to worry about being "ruled out" by anyone, but I definitely prefer women to be taller.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
A woman has "standards" if a man meets them, "unreasonable requirements" if he doesn't.
While it has a tongue-in-cheek tone, there's actually some merit to this statement.

If a woman can get a man that meets her requirements, then things are fine.

If she can't (and still wants it), then it is, in fact, unreasonable.

I know you're referring to it from the guy's point of view, but if a woman is unable to find any man who meets her requirements (and is also interested in her), then they're unreasonable.

Conversely, if a woman wanted a guy who met X, Y, Z, and a handful of other specific traits, and ended up with such a guy, we'd look silly to call them unreasonable, no matter how strict they were.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:21 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
I really don't see what the big deal is, if this is what she wants then that's her prerogative. I actually like when people do this and put it at the very top of the profile, then I don't even bother to read any further. People need to realize that not everyone is going to find them attractive.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:25 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Saw a 34 year old woman whose online dating profile stated, "I only go for cute bald/shaved Hispanic guys from age 33 to 39, so if you don't meet this criteria don't waste your time."

No wonder online dating is a waste of time for guys. Most guys also have their likes/dislikes but they are usually guidelines, not hard and fast rules. I think most men are more flexible and open minded in this regard....
i go for the opposite, so doesnt that balance it out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships