Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 AM

14 posts, read 11,223 times

Advertisements

I did this when I was in high school. Eventually learned that people who betrayed their SO are not very good to their friends either(when they no longer need them). I haven't been in the situation since, but if it happens again, I'm dropping said friend and sending their SO an anonymous notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
I think guys just pretty much don't open their mouth's when it comes to other guys and women. If that is a guy code, so be it. I just think of it as a no drama code.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:24 AM

245 posts, read 219,416 times
You know I find this whole thread pretty damn hypocritical, women do this same stuff, don't act like this is a guy thing. Woman can't keep secrets between themselves and gossip like nobodys business

That said, I tend to not be friends with scumbags who cheat on their SO's...

Old 12-12-2014, 08:49 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
The Diss' own code: don't ask don't tell. Also don't make it my business, leave me out of it.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:15 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I think guys just pretty much don't open their mouth's when it comes to other guys and women. If that is a guy code, so be it. I just think of it as a no drama code.
"No drama code" I like that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
You know I find this whole thread pretty damn hypocritical, women do this same stuff, don't act like this is a guy thing. Woman can't keep secrets between themselves and gossip like nobodys business

That said, I tend to not be friends with scumbags who cheat on their SO's...
Why of course some Women gossip and can't keep secrets. I do not think anyone has said that they can't. I am curious about Guy Code. Some good responses here explaining it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The Diss' own code: don't ask don't tell. Also don't make it my business, leave me out of it.
That is pretty much what I am gathering it is. Interesting Side bar, is that why maybe there is alot of corruption? We need more Women in there to gossip and not keep a secret

Thanks guys!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:41 AM

564 posts, read 747,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Post Quite Frequently View Post
Like seriously if you would tell a friend's girl about improprieties the night before you are a piece if s*** of the highest order, and the fact that anyone would even think this is remotely acceptable explains a lot about certain people on this message board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I might be, but it's not just a frat thing. No stand up guy is going to rat you out and if your friends are going to snitch on you they might as well not be your friend.

It's because we're guys and there's a code. I'd like to say there's more to it, but there really isn't.
Absolutely right. The guys saying "cheating is wrong and I'm so appalled and disgusted by it to the point that my righteous self can't take so I'm going to tell his gf/wife/whatever are pieces of ****. I'm so glad I don't have [mod cut; offensive/sexist] like those as friends.

Last edited by RedZin; 12-12-2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old 12-12-2014, 10:56 AM

211 posts, read 266,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Absolutely right. The guys saying "cheating is wrong and I'm so appalled and disgusted by it to the point that my righteous self can't take so I'm going to tell his gf/wife/whatever are pieces of ****. I'm so glad I don't have [Modcut; offensive/sexist] like those as friends.
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong. This is a purely moral issue. I would tell anyone if I knew their SO was cheating, but only if I was asked since I don't like to lie. This is diff than going around telling people as soon as you know something.

What kind of person would lie for their friend when he/she has done something morally terrible? A dbag, that's who. It's like up is down and black is white here with some of you: Don't understand how the person who's telling the truth is the bad guy while the person lying to someone's face to cover up a friend's terrible behavior is the saint?

If you don't want me to answer honestly that you cheated when I'm asked, perhaps you shouldn't do the crime in the first place.

Last edited by RedZin; 12-12-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 12-12-2014, 11:05 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
A good friend would not put you in a position to lie or cover for them.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
Absolutely right. The guys saying "cheating is wrong and I'm so appalled and disgusted by it to the point that my righteous self can't take so I'm going to tell his gf/wife/whatever are pieces of ****. I'm so glad I don't have manginas like those as friends.
This is what I meant by birds of a feather flock together. I have a feeling that covering up for a cheating friend is something that happens among friends that cheat on their SO's and don't think twice about it. Someone that thinks cheating is wrong is probably less likely to cover for someone or to have a friend that would ask them to cover for them in the first place. I know that I wouldn't cover for a cheating friend and I can't imagine any of my friends would even ask me to do so in the first place. Granted, I'm a woman - but I don't really think that things are that different in this respect among men and women.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:09 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
There is guy code and then there is man code.

While both are about loyalty, the big difference is man code encourages decent and supportive behavior, while guy code is a way of ensuring that you and your 'boys' can go around abusing people and acting like a s*head with minimal repercussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships