Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM

320 posts, read 954,754 times

Advertisements

you like him for the right reasons i am proud of you....but not having a job can put a damper on his ego i think.... i know that it does not matter to you if he is poor or does not have a job yet.... but it matters to him...i think he is going through a "he feels worthless stage" in his life. But i think its up to you to show him that he is worth something.... other people that read my comments might think that i am weird for thinking like this and expressing myself on here like this, but i feel that this is the right thing to do.....I believe in NOt being selfish and it takes stronger people like GIA to go through this and help him out even if it means hurting herself in the process...
who knows if you stick you him through this, it will show him how determined you are to be with him and will prove to him that you will be with him through good times and bad.... he just probably needs support right now that he sitll has friends there for him....he is going through alot right now and you need to help him see that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM

25 posts, read 48,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I knew someone that fits this description. He was a very self-centered person who made it seem that it was always someone else's fault...

Run, run far away from him!!!
I did think about this point. what if he really has some deep seated issues but I also think that alot of women only care about money and things like that.

On the flip side, I did give him an expensive gift for his birthday last month and on Christmas he sent me a text message. It pissed me off that he could not pick up the phone just to say Merry Christmas.

OMG!!!! He is not the problem it is me.

I am insecure, lonely, abused and worhtless...

I have allowed so many people to **** all over me. I know that most of it is jealously but the damange is soo deep that I cant get out.

Most of the time I think of killing mself but I just dont have the guts. I think that too many people would be thrilled to see me go down. I am just so hurt.

You would think that most men would want a woman who every man desires or a woman who is loving but this somehow does not seem to be the case. As soon as they have me they rip me to pieces...and women do too.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia88 View Post
I dont care about his background, I only care about how he makes me feel and what we can share.

I am in such excruciating pain, I feel rejected and unappealing and it just hurts alot.
This is what upsets me the most. The man you love should not be making you feel with way without him immediately trying to make amends to sort things out to make you feel better. This is not the man you want to spend your whole life with.

I feel that even if he doesn't have an evil agenda, what is happening is that the two of you are just incompatible. You are giving more love and understanding than he is giving back to you, and that is not good. Healthy relationships need balance. Even if you get over this hump, this man will hurt you again, over and over. Do you really want this kind of relationship? Can your heart take it?

Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM

girl stay strong stay postive...know who you are...don't let this control you ....you are stronger then you think

Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,746 times
Hon, you need to quit listening to what he says and start paying attention to what he does. Then decide if you want to put up with it or not. Good luck!

Old 01-04-2008, 05:02 PM

you come out a stronger person out of these types of experiences...yes you want to be loved in return....(who doesn't? ) and i am sure you will be loved by this man or another....i am just telling you what i would do because i have been in your situation before ...it made me a way stronger person

Old 01-04-2008, 05:03 PM

25 posts, read 48,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post
you like him for the right reasons i am proud of you....but not having a job can put a damper on his ego i think.... i know that it does not matter to you if he is poor or does not have a job yet.... but it matters to him...i think he is going through a "he feels worthless stage" in his life. But i think its up to you to show him that he is worth something.... other people that read my comments might think that i am weird for thinking like this and expressing myself on here like this, but i feel that this is the right thing to do.....I believe in NOt being selfish and it takes stronger people like GIA to go through this and help him out even if it means hurting herself in the process...
who knows if you stick you him through this, it will show him how determined you are to be with him and will prove to him that you will be with him through good times and bad.... he just probably needs support right now that he sitll has friends there for him....he is going through alot right now and you need to help him see that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Oh you did not see my post. It came right after yours. I dont think that I am so strong right now. I feel wounded and sucidal.

Maybe I am better of being by myself, forever.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:07 PM

NO MAN IS WORTH GIVING UP YOUR LIFE FOR ......I know you are sick of hearing that the right guy will come along ....but he really willl.....you have alot going for yourself...you are kind , smart loving beautiful from the inside out and i am sure you will make a great wife one day....just be patient.... i know it sucks to be patient...but its a life lesson you will learn.....and please get out of this suicidal mode.....try to change your outlook on life.....you need to be happy in life without a guy ...then he will show up when you least expect it.....

Old 01-04-2008, 05:11 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia88 View Post
I did think about this point. what if he really has some deep seated issues but I also think that alot of women only care about money and things like that.

On the flip side, I did give him an expensive gift for his birthday last month and on Christmas he sent me a text message. It pissed me off that he could not pick up the phone just to say Merry Christmas.

OMG!!!! He is not the problem it is me.

I am insecure, lonely, abused and worhtless...

I have allowed so many people to **** all over me. I know that most of it is jealously but the damange is soo deep that I cant get out.

Most of the time I think of killing mself but I just dont have the guts. I think that too many people would be thrilled to see me go down. I am just so hurt.

You would think that most men would want a woman who every man desires or a woman who is loving but this somehow does not seem to be the case. As soon as they have me they rip me to pieces...and women do too.
Gia, you are not worthless. You maybe insecure and no thanks to this jerk, but you are not worthless.

Instead of looking for love and a relationship to validate your worth, why not swear off seeking a relationship and instead find some volunteer activities to get involved with?

And slowly make some new friends. Developing a friendship is like a courtship dance also. You listen to them, they listen to your thoughts. You do something nice for them, you wait and let them give back to you. Maybe you are too enthused about friendships and love. A friendly golden retriever that is willing to give its love unconditionally. And you must be a wonderful person to know, but sadly it's human nature to not appreciate what is given out too freely. You need to learn to be more selfish, value yourself more and give of yourself more slowly.

But you are definitely not a worthless person. And even the savviest of us have relationship issues. It's not an easy thing to do. Anyway, take a break from this love stuff and help out at your local animal shelter. If you are lonely, adopt a shelter dog or cat. To date someone because you feel lonely or unfulfilled is not the way to cure loneliness imo. Life is about so much more than finding romantic love. It's the other passions that are more important. Go to the library, discover yourself. Once you become a whole person, you will find that lots of people will want to be your friend.

What else to you like to do? Hobbies? Play music? Garden? Race cars?

P.S. The right man should make you feel like a million dollars... all of the time.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:11 PM

don't depend on others for happiness....depend on yourself for that ... cause you will be disappointed alot more if you look towards people. People make mistakes and have faults and so do you....but try to better yourself through them...look at others in thirs world that have it far worse then you ... think of how goodyou have it going for you....yes you have not found that true love yet that everyone wants , but it will come to you one day....i think you should concentrate more on yourself right now and find out who you really are and what you really want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships