Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 04:04 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times

Advertisements

Its one thing for a woman to be obese, its another for her to put the blame on something else for being obese. No excuses for someone who is obese due to a lazy lifestyle, which is often the case. You reap what you sew.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Its one thing for a woman to be obese, its another for her to put the blame on something else for being obese. No excuses for someone who is obese due to a lazy lifestyle, which is often the case. You reap what you sew.
What "obese"? Who said anything about "obese"? You're off topic.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What "obese"? Who said anything about "obese"? You're off topic.
lol what??

Old 12-15-2014, 04:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Aww. That is hurtful. I am sorry you experienced this. Tell him how you feel about this. If he lacks empathy you can lose 100+ pounds.

Making someone feel bad about their body does not make a good relationship.
Yeah, she can lose HIM!

"I just lost 180 unwanted pounds. I dumped that jerk."

Quote:
She's 5'3", 140. That's not obese. That is five pounds overweight.

But thanks for the chuckle. You gave me an image of people havesting a field where quilts, dresses, and lace sprang up from the earth. (I believe you mean "sow.")

Old 12-15-2014, 04:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Being fat isn't a crime, but if your S.O isn't attracted to excess adipose tissue, you've got problems. You can go try and find the needle in the haystack that is a man who is into excess adipose tissue (not to be mistaken for average adipose tissue levels) or just cut back on the calories for a few months.

I said that you or any other woman can get as fat as you want, neither I nor any other guy not affiliated with you will stop you. But, we can vote with our d*cks and stay away from you when it comes time to procreate date and marry, which is what most guys will do. So, if you want lots of options when it comes to dating, try to stay in the middle of the bell curve, neither too fat nor too skinny.

Same stuff applies to men too.
As harsh as this is, it's spot on. I am not attracted to big women, never have been.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
I didn't read that anybody was "putting the blame on someone else for being obese."

All I read was an unkind comment made by someone who, presumably, professes to love the person. There are loving and respectful ways to express concern for someone else. What was described wasn't one of them. Pure conjecture, but I also doubt that what was said WAS rooted in concern for someone else.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:12 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't know...I work with emotionally disturbed teenagers who are able to learn basic social skills. If you can't do it by twenty, don't know what to tell you.
Pretty much this.

My kids are in the 10-15 yr old age range and they all know how to express themselves appropriately, most of my 3rd grade students do as well.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

She's 5'3", 140. That's not obese. That is five pounds overweight.

But thanks for the chuckle. You gave me an image of people havesting a field where quilts, dresses, and lace sprang up from the earth. (I believe you mean "sow.")
So she says. I very much doubt it, given she keeps making threads about it. You're obese right?

Old 12-15-2014, 04:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I would suspect that obsessively making threads about body image-related concerns would be just as likely, if not more likely, to indicate disordered perception of one's appearance. Very thin women who have disordered eating, disordered body image perception, etc. are often obsessive about "how fat they are," regardless of the opposite physical reality.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:16 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
So she says. I very much doubt it, given she keeps making threads about it. You're obese right?
Who, me?

No, not at all. I already mentioned that upthread. I've also mentioned on this forum in many places that I do work-outs that would give a lot of people 10 years younger than I am a coronary. But go on with your presumptuousness, hmmm?

However, I know a good bit about eating disorders, nutrition, and health. Would you like to have a go via DM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships