Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 06:33 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm chalking this up to cultural differences. This sure isn't normal in my circles. I did know a guy who did this, but he grew up in the 'hood. And nobody thought it was funny or "playful", but him.
It sounds like the PUA crowd and negging women.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:34 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's only playful in nature if the other person interprets it as such.

Once again, if you know the woman very well, and know that she is receptive to this and takes it as playfulness, cool. The OP is obviously not a person who takes such things lightly. Again, a matter of knowing (and caring about) your audience. Bottom line, if they're not having fun, then you're not "just having fun with them."

And, really? Let's not jump from "What? You're not okay with unkind remarks about your physical appearance" to "Man, you're NEUTERING ME BY NOT LETTING ME TREAT YOU IN A HURTFUL AND DISRESPECTFUL MANNER."

You can easily disagree with someone, challenge someone, and speak your mind, and do so in a respectful way.
The delivery is so crucially important, so much more so then the words you speak. The words are 10%, everything else is 90%. Yeah obviously OP is a sensitive delicate little flower who can't stand opposition or the truth being pointed out to her. You won't find me with a woman like that, each to their own.

When I do this kind of stuff with women, even ones I just met minutes before, they give me the "oh no you DIDN'T" face, which is a combination of a smile and wide eyes and the open shocked mouth. From there the game is almost always on, rarely I'll run into a girl who has zero ability to separate humor and fun from genuine insults and judgment.

Sure beats walking on eggshells around them for fear of pissing them off and losing the chance to get in their pants.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It sounds like the PUA crowd and negging women.
No, that is not at all what I'm talking about. That is malicious and predatory in nature, you make a comment/observation that is innocuous enough to be interpreted as innocent in nature on the part of the commenter, but which gets the girl feeling insecure and to start seeking your approval.

And no, I don't go up to women I just met and grab their belly fat, for those wondering, lol. I am well aware of women's complex surrounding fat, I stay away from that unless I know her.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
No, that is not at all what I'm talking about. That is malicious and predatory in nature, you make a comment/observation that is innocuous enough to be interpreted as innocent in nature on the part of the commenter, but which gets the girl feeling insecure and to start seeking your approval.

And no, I don't go up to women I just met and grab their belly fat, for those wondering, lol. I am well aware of women's complex surrounding fat, I stay away from that unless I know her.
Making deliberately outrageous comments to near-strangers under a joking pretext with the intent of "getting in their pants" is somehow different from being malicious and predatory ... okay.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:47 PM

40 posts, read 106,337 times
Quote:

Meh, sounds like lame PUA crap that daft women fall for. Do you think it's "masculinity" to act that way? Humor me!

Old 12-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Making deliberately outrageous comments to near-strangers under a joking pretext with the intent of "getting in their pants" is somehow different from being malicious and predatory ... okay.
They aren't deliberately outrageous in a objective sense. The only way it could be described that way is in the context of the average guy's range of comments to attractive women they just met.

The difference is that in my case the girl is having fun and is energized, in the PUA case she is brought down, is feeling less than. I don't do that.

Like seriously, you guys must hang out with the most boring, submissive, one dimensional guys if you think what I'm talking about is some far out concept.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoiselle View Post
Meh, sounds like lame PUA crap that daft women fall for. Do you think it's "masculinity" to act that way? Humor me!
When did I ever mention masculinity... And as I already said, the words spoken are a small part of things. To be honest what you say isn't that important.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:53 PM

40 posts, read 106,337 times
Quote:
When did I ever mention masculinity... And as I already said, the words spoken are a small part of things. To be honest what you say isn't that important.
Because those of your mindset, or rather I prefer to say "archetype" [which means a typical example of someone, and my archetypes are rarely untrue], thinks those methods of attracting women is showing your masculinity or "alpha side".

Old 12-15-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoiselle View Post
Because those of your mindset, or rather I prefer to say "archetype" [which means a typical example of someone, and my archetypes are rarely untrue], thinks those methods of attracting women is showing your masculinity or "alpha side".
By my mindset, you mean a guy who is fearless and confident enough to flirt with women he just met? Because that's literally all I'm talking about. It's fun, that's why I do it.

I'm a man, I don't need to do anything to be masculine. It's just my nature, just like women are feminine by nature. People get in the way of their nature, cover it up and distort it, but it's always there. And no, I'm not affiliated with pua's in any way shape or form. I read Neil Strausse's book, that's the extent of my affiliation. I have been successfully interacting with girls since I was around 9 years old though, so I've had just a bit of practice.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:10 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It is very telling, though, the number of dudes who find it perfectly acceptable to show a partner blatant disrespect, and shrug it off as normal.
My thoughts too. Same guys who complain about women being too picky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships