Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

It seems that you will ignore the advice that you don't want to hear (although I don 't agree with some of it, either) and yet you agree with a supposed psychic????

But, but, but...he does this science for a living!!!! You, too, will be amazed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 12:50 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,288,251 times
Men and women who give 150% to a relationship are clingy, smothering, and scary. Buyer beware!

Old 12-17-2014, 12:53 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

It seems that you will ignore the advice that you don't want to hear (although I don 't agree with some of it, either) and yet you agree with a supposed psychic????
Not at all. I responded to everybody and I actually said that I don't only want to hear the good. And I will take the bad stuff under consideration because that's why I started that thread. It's somewhere in those 10 pages. It just went beyond a point of the OP and kept coming back to something I am aware of and that I have adressed already so there was no need to keep beating a dead horse (cow?)

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I am going to stay out of the pushing buttons stuff and all other than to say, you know you have done that and are in control of your behavior. You do not have to be that person with this guy.

Besides that, my wife and I knew each other through writing and stuff for a long time before we met. I think we had an idea we liked each other before we met on our first date. However, that date certainly confirmed that we had strong feelings for each other, and showed us we had great chemistry. Subsequent dates just got better and better.

Ironically, I was just past 30 by this point too and figured "all the good ones were taken" and all that nonesense.

Since you are very smitten here, be sure you protect your heart a little too. Do not forget to analyze and evaluate him, his behavior, and the true intentions of his own heart... but enjoy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
To build on what I wrote earlier, I simply knew the moment I met my wife. Period. As I've said any number of times on this forum, it was if a door had opened and I just had to step through it.

We met on June 9, 1990. We were engaged on September 9, 1990. And in the interim, we managed to see each other A LOT, despite her traveling on business 50% of the time and my being involved in an all-consuming project.

To me, the one caution I would have here is to really get beyond the external golly-we-both-love-the-same-things bit and get down to business in the comparing of values. For that's really where the rubber meets the road. My wife and I often have different tastes in a host of things, from movies to books to everything else. But we see eye-to-eye on the things that matter.
Very true.

The compatibility that matters is one of values, not, "Oh, HE likes motocross and I always wished I could do motocross! And he's hot and nice!" That's nice, but not essential.

And I'm skeptical a true compatibility of values has been fully vetted in the amount of time that's lapsed since Dec. 8. I just am. Exploring that takes time.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Not at all. I responded to everybody and I actually said that I don't only want to hear the good. And I will take the bad stuff under consideration because that's why I started that thread. It's somewhere in those 10 pages. It just went beyond a point of the OP and kept coming back to something I am aware of and that I have adressed already so there was no need to keep beating a dead horse (cow?)
The thing is, since those same insecurities keep popping up, and are key in the situation at hand, I wouldn't call them dead horses or consider them addressed. Lots of things you've said in this thread alone indicate that that's not the case.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Very true.

The compatibility that matters is one of values, not, "Oh, HE likes motocross and I always wished I could do motocross! And he's hot and nice!" That's nice, but not essential.

And I'm skeptical a true compatibility of values has been fully vetted in the amount of time that's lapsed since Dec. 8. I just am. Exploring that takes time.
Absolutely

Old 12-17-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
The thing is, since those same insecurities keep popping up, and are key in the situation at hand, I wouldn't call them dead horses or consider them addressed. Lots of things you've said in this thread alone indicate that that's not the case.
okay. I like working on myself, becoming a better person and my friends are very critical and help me with very input.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
No.

You do not fall in love with somebody by sight.

You do not fall in love with somebody you do not know.

You might THINK that's what falling in love is, but you are confusing infatuation/enjoying attention from somebody with love.

You can think somebody's an intriguing person after a conversation with him, a date with him, two dates with him, etc., but what you are calling "being in love?" Not love. Sorry. You can't love somebody until you have time to learn his or her character. You can be attracted, sure. You can be attracted to somebody on sight. But that's not love.

And, really, you're more than old enough and experienced enough to know all this.
Awww, you know what I mean.

It is the physical attraction with all that pheromene stuff that people call FALLING IN LOVE. The chemistry is there, and after a while it will turn into LOVE or NOT.

He told me I smell amazing and I didn't even put on perfume. So on the weekend we watched THE SCIENCE OF SEX APPEAL (you can watch it for free on the internet). It explains everything about smells, physical attraction, etc. etc. and explains what happened to us on our first dates.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yes, we met last Monday, Dec. 8. It was love on first sight for him. For me it was the second date.

I was on POF for 2 days. Saw his profile. Didn't like his pics too much. He got an email that I looked at his profile. Checked out mine. Saw a motorcycle pic and wrote to me, not really expecting an answer.

I was hesitant to answer and meet but thought OH WELL, he is local, at least no far driving. Met after 3 days of writing messages on POF.
Good luck, you guys look cute together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships