Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,915,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not to derail the thread but I have many gay friends of both sexes & those in my generation ( not so much these days) do not understand those who are bisexual. They don't understand why they just can't choose a sex & stick with it.
I have gay friends, women...and they have tried on line dating and claim there are a LOT of soccer moms on there looking to try the girl thing...at least once...married women you never ever would believe...

they have even shown me pictures of the openly married moms looking for their first encounter...face shots lol no nudity...this is not the same as bisexual but curiosity can definitely last a while

in every situation that I was told about, the husband couldn't find out, they had to be discrete...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 02:48 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not to derail the thread but I have many gay friends of both sexes & those in my generation ( not so much these days) do not understand those who are bisexual. They don't understand why they just can't choose a sex & stick with it.

Why couldn't they " pick one sex and just stick with it"? I am bi, but lean more heavily towards men and I'll most likely end up with a man. See.. I am picking one sex and sticking with it, but in the interim I can enjoy both. I just see it as having " more" choices of whom I wish to spend my life with.

Last edited by Sydney123; 07-06-2015 at 03:12 PM..

Old 07-06-2015, 11:42 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,018,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Why couldn't they " pick one sex and just stick with it"? I am bi, but lean more heavily towards men and I'll most likely end up with a man. See.. I am picking one sex and sticking with it, but in the interim I can enjoy both. I just see it as having " more" choices of whom I wish to spend my life with.
You don't even *have* to pick one sex. What he said was very rude and judgmental.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:10 AM

1,136 posts, read 919,780 times
Quote:
I am actually surprised. I have never met a bi dude who has stayed with a man. Given how homophobic our society is I get the desire to just be normal. It does suck feeling that bi guys use you as an experiment before settling down with a woman.

Old 07-07-2015, 04:52 AM

287 posts, read 325,910 times
Quote:
If someone would have asked me if I was bisexual ten years ago, I would have said no. I had, up to the point where I started an affair with my college roommate, never even really considered having sex with another man. We had been rooming together two years before that "fateful" evening. Did I enjoy our relationship? Oh, hell yeah! He's still a very close friend - and sorry, ladies, he was and still is the best kisser (and lover) I have ever been with.

Would I spend my life with him? He's never asked me, I never asked him. Never even came up and I doubt it will. I lean FAR more towards women. I wouldn't even try spark up relationship with another man- no other men have ever appealed to me in that way. He admitted having a VERY secret three year relationship with another guy in his class in high school, but other than me has been with no other men (and I believe him). He is currently in a semi-serious, on-again-off-again one year relationship with a female coworker and I am still trying to find a woman I can commit with in a serious relationship.

Last edited by deweyforprez; 07-07-2015 at 05:03 AM..

Old 07-07-2015, 09:59 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,182,235 times
I find bi guys kinda hot but mostly what I want to know if I got involved with one: Who do you want to build a LIFE with ? Male of female. If it is more just a sexual attraction to men but not romantic/emotional, I'd be much more ok with that than vice versa.

I also think I'd be ok if he had sex with men outside our relationship since that has nothing to do with me.

Mostly I would like to know how much men are OK not having sex with others while with a serious GF. I have heard the myth that they are more likely to cheat. I wonder if the urge is stronger since you are only get like half the satisfaction.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:36 AM

20,325 posts, read 14,547,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
I find bi guys kinda hot but mostly what I want to know if I got involved with one: Who do you want to build a LIFE with ? Male of female. If it is more just a sexual attraction to men but not romantic/emotional, I'd be much more ok with that than vice versa.

I also think I'd be ok if he had sex with men outside our relationship since that has nothing to do with me.

Mostly I would like to know how much men are OK not having sex with others while with a serious GF. I have heard the myth that they are more likely to cheat. I wonder if the urge is stronger since you are only get like half the satisfaction.
I think it's something that people would need to talk about in the context of a relationship. Are they able to be completely fulfilled by the right pairing with only one of the two genders that they may have attraction or desire for? That would depend upon the person.

As a bi female, I don't require either/or/both at any given time and I'm capable of being faithful. It's not so much that I need that kind of sex, it's more that I'm honest about being attracted to the person first and then thinking about interacting with them intimately as an expression of that attraction or attachment. Usually. The odds are theoretically no more or less with either gender, but I do find I'm more often connecting with and wanting sex with men. It just doesn't matter that much.

Like with any relationship, honesty, communication, and trust are the important bits...

Old 07-07-2015, 01:12 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,907,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
I am actually surprised. I have never met a bi dude who has stayed with a man. Given how homophobic our society is I get the desire to just be normal. It does suck feeling that bi guys use you as an experiment before settling down with a woman.

Try taking "gender" out of the equation. If I was in a relationship with a guy and he decided that he liked guys better, I don't see it as any different than if we were in a relationship and he decided that a different girl was more to his liking than I. Both scenarios would suck, but one wouldn't be suckier than the other.
You must know a lot of bi guys who speak openly about their relationships if you can honestly say " I have never met a bi dude who have stayed with a man".
"Normal" is subjective.. What's normal for me might not be normal for the next person... Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:31 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,858,368 times
There are no bi guys. Just ones that are afraid to completely come out of the closet. If I were gay, I'd be super (flicks wrist forward) flippant about it.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:32 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,838,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
There are no bi guys. Just ones that are afraid to completely come out of the closet. If I were gay, I'd be super (flicks wrist forward) flippant about it.

Except for those guys that are actually bisexual and attracted to both men and women, as there are women attracted to both, you're probably correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships