Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 07:58 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink90 View Post
Because they ogle me and I catch them smiling and staring? You can tell by the way someone looks at you that they have some sort of interest.
That makes sense. Play on, playa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 08:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
It's true what they say that men like to chase. They like the pursuit. Once the woman becomes the pursuer and eventually gets the guy, the guy treats her like she's beneath him, especially since his ego has blown up.

I got tired of these guys who give me indirect signs like they are interested, so I'm the one who ends up making a direct move. Indirect meaning the usual staring and even stalking (yes, this has happened to me 3x now in the last 3 years with different guys). Direct meaning actually going to talk to them and even asking them out.

Honestly, as a woman, I hate pursuing because it feels nice to be pursued by a man; it shows that he really wants you and that he is a MAN. Usually, when he ends up being the pursuer, we both have more respect towards each other.

Just got tired of men only looking at me and other grade-school crush tactics of theirs, but not asking me out or anything.

/end rant
Agreed. There was this one time I was minding my own business when suddenly red and blue lights appeared in my rear view mirror. I pulled over and she said, "I was doing 90mph and it took me 4 miles to catch up with you...license, registration, and insurance!"

[it was a bad date]

Old 12-19-2014, 08:35 PM

348 posts, read 327,411 times
I'm permanently retired.....

No one wants me and no one excepts me for who I truly am. There's always something they think they can change about me, or that I am lying about....Um nope...afraid not!

I just want people to leave me alone.....

That makes me most happy.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanMonroe View Post
Men are hunters. It is in their biological DNA sequence. No woman who truly recognizes her power as a woman will chase a man.

I disagree... A woman who truly recognizes her power goes after what she wants and has little concern what other people think.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:18 PM

619 posts, read 651,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Women, generally, have it much easier in dating. Thus, they can pursue whoever they want and will have reciprocation 100% of the time. This is a good reason to not be persistent as a man. If a man has to pursue, he is not good-looking enough for that woman and isn't "her type". Thus, he will be the whipping boy in the relationship if he is able to wear her down.
Thing is, you'll always be someone's type, somewhere. And the guys I pursue...looks aren't a consideration. I'm picky, but my standards come no where near what you generalize the female's standards to be.

I can't speak for all females, but the idea of a doormat or whipping boy is one of the biggest turn offs I have. Half the reason I like YOU, specifically, is because you're good at arguing.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:25 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Thing is, you'll always be someone's type, somewhere. And the guys I pursue...looks aren't a consideration. I'm picky, but my standards come no where near what you generalize the female's standards to be.

I can't speak for all females, but the idea of a doormat or whipping boy is one of the biggest turn offs I have. Half the reason I like YOU, specifically, is because you're good at arguing.
Same here. One thing I don't want is a shy doormat guy. Not sexy at all. That's a good friend, but I can't imagine looking at him and finding him sexy when he's a doormat and easily whipped. A guy my brother's fiance set me up with was like that. His looks already weren't great, as far as I was concerned, but he was a wussy type as well. Double negative. I think alot of guys, least many on here, don't get that. They always say

1. Women want bad boys
2. Women want convicts
3. Women want a man who treats them bad and is a jerk.

Women who want the latter 2 have issues, and who wants to be with someone like that anyhow. And women who want the 1st one, either have issues, or just want them for a passionate fling like guys who want the "bad girls" Girls don't want a puss, least many don't. But there's a medium between an abusive jerk, and a doormat.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Same here. One thing I don't want is a shy doormat guy. Not sexy at all. That's a good friend, but I can't imagine looking at him and finding him sexy when he's a doormat and easily whipped. A guy my brother's fiance set me up with was like that. His looks already weren't great, as far as I was concerned, but he was a wussy type as well. Double negative

I knew this guy for the longest time that was a doormat to every girl he dated. Finally got a girl pregnant, and she kept trying to say it was someone else's as she was cheating on him. He didn't care. He gave her money, put up with her late night booty calls then cried when she'd go back to her boyfriend. She refused to have him in the delivery room and put the other guy's name on the birth certificate. Finally, after a paternity test, baby turned out to be his. He's still hoping that they'll be together and excuses her behavior. He keeps telling me that he's the nicest guy...but really...it's not that he's a nice guy. He feels entitled to her because he treats her nicely.

It took me years to recognize this, until he did the same thing to me. Messaged me one night, told me he was horny, kept telling me that I needed to "get him off" and I told him I was under no obligation to do so (we had never had that kind of relationship). His reasoning? Because he was always so nice to me. I told him that entitled him only to kindness and respect in equal measure.

Quote:
I think alot of guys, least many on here, don't get that. They always say

1. Women want bad boys
2. Women want convicts
3. Women want a man who treats them bad and is a jerk.

Women who want the latter 2 have issues, and who wants to be with someone like that anyhow. And women who want the 1st one, either have issues, or just want them for a passionate fling like guys who want the "bad girls" Girls don't want a puss, least many don't. But there's a medium between an abusive jerk, and a doormat.
Give me someone who will speak his own mind, stand up to me when I'm out of line, and not want to be in my pocket 24/7 and we have the start of something quite nice. I never went for the bad boys...I couldn't even read the romance novels where the heroine did that. "Oh look! He's treating her like absolute crap, I can't wait to find a guy like him!!!" never went through my head.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:55 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
I knew this guy for the longest time that was a doormat to every girl he dated. Finally got a girl pregnant, and she kept trying to say it was someone else's as she was cheating on him. He didn't care. He gave her money, put up with her late night booty calls then cried when she'd go back to her boyfriend. She refused to have him in the delivery room and put the other guy's name on the birth certificate. Finally, after a paternity test, baby turned out to be his. He's still hoping that they'll be together and excuses her behavior. He keeps telling me that he's the nicest guy...but really...it's not that he's a nice guy. He feels entitled to her because he treats her nicely.

It took me years to recognize this, until he did the same thing to me. Messaged me one night, told me he was horny, kept telling me that I needed to "get him off" and I told him I was under no obligation to do so (we had never had that kind of relationship). His reasoning? Because he was always so nice to me. I told him that entitled him only to kindness and respect in equal measure.
Yeah, that's what some women on here have said. The "Nice guys" are basically players. They act nice, because they feel it entitles them to have women falling all over them and wanting to shag them. Then when the act doesn't sell, they show their true colors of the jerks they are. They're just a different breed of player. Then get pissed when some women aren't falling for it.

And that's why women who like chivalry have to be careful, because sometimes, the guy only acts chivalrous in pursuit of sex, rather than because he's just naturally like that, or thinks they're worth the effort.

Quote:
Give me someone who will speak his own mind, stand up to me when I'm out of line, and not want to be in my pocket 24/7 and we have the start of something quite nice. I never went for the bad boys...I couldn't even read the romance novels where the heroine did that. "Oh look! He's treating her like absolute crap, I can't wait to find a guy like him!!!" never went through my head.
Some women, or maybe girls is a better word, like the idea of a guy who's a bad boy and rough, but treats them like a princess. Could be for ego boost, that a guy is rough, tough and bad, but he's a sweetheart to her and only her. Some do that. But again, those girls have issues.

I am same as you. I don't want an obnoxious thug. A kind guy, but he has a strong personality, and not afraid to speak his mind-provided it's tactful. My father isn't afraid to be honest, but he does it in a rude and classless way. A guy who is physically strong as well. But that doesn't mean one who goes out of his way to act a fool and show off how badass he is. A simple guy that is comfortable with who he is, and can handle his business appropriately when it comes time to handle it. In terms of physical confrontation, I am hoping it's a last resort for him, not a guy that flies off the handle at the drop of a hat.

And I know men like this are around. My friend's boyfriend is like that. Unless she was lying, he's like what I described. I don't wanna date him specifically, but a guy like him would be good.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:04 PM

[quote=VanillaChocolate;37705906]
Quote:
A kind guy, but he has a strong personality, and not afraid to speak his mind-provided it's tactful. My father isn't afraid to be honest, but he does it in a rude and classless way. A guy who is physically strong as well. But that doesn't mean one who goes out of his way to act a fool and show off how badass he is. A simple guy that is comfortable with who he is, and can handle his business appropriately when it comes time to handle it. In terms of physical confrontation, I am hoping it's a last resort for him, not a guy that flies off the handle at the drop of a hat.
Vin Diesel in the Pacifier. Every time he's holding the baby, I melt.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
^^^^^ Great minds think alike!

I did go for the bad boy type ( when I was younger), until it got physical. After that I was out with a valuable lesson learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships