Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:05 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
ya well i'm sure there are many successful long-term relationships out there that happened as a result of the woman being the initiator in the beginning.
There are. One of my friends fiance approached him first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 10:53 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,392 times
I need to kill the mindset in my brain that I'm too old to be pursuing, approaching women

Old 03-26-2015, 11:39 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
I don't think it would determine if a relationship would succeed or not. I have been pursued when I am in Asia. Don't see that happening in western countries but I guess exceptions exist out there.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:32 PM

74 posts, read 94,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
It's true what they say that men like to chase. They like the pursuit. Once the woman becomes the pursuer and eventually gets the guy, the guy treats her like she's beneath him, especially since his ego has blown up.

I got tired of these guys who give me indirect signs like they are interested, so I'm the one who ends up making a direct move. Indirect meaning the usual staring and even stalking (yes, this has happened to me 3x now in the last 3 years with different guys). Direct meaning actually going to talk to them and even asking them out.

Honestly, as a woman, I hate pursuing because it feels nice to be pursued by a man; it shows that he really wants you and that he is a MAN. Usually, when he ends up being the pursuer, we both have more respect towards each other.

Just got tired of men only looking at me and other grade-school crush tactics of theirs, but not asking me out or anything.

/end rant

umm guys LOVE being persued. I'm awful at reading childless "signals". Besides it is 2015...women might make that excuse about men not like being persued because they are too shy to ask a guy out. The problem with both men and women is they have too many excuses.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:53 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello071 View Post
umm guys LOVE being persued. I'm awful at reading childless "signals". Besides it is 2015...women might make that excuse about men not like being persued because they are too shy to ask a guy out. The problem with both men and women is they have too many excuses.
Another one that is mentioned commonly is that they don't pursue or take initiative because it all has to do with biology.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:01 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,392 times
in recent months, I feel my mindset has changed somewhat over the gender roles that the man is expected to be the initiator while women are the passive, is because I wish I learned to accept and deal with it earlier, sadly unfortuneately I can't change the past, I wish knowing how to get a girlfriend was natural, instinctive, innate common sense for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships