Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:17 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,437,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straya View Post
Like without having so say anything?
Like imagine you are in class or you spot a guy at a store or something.
They ask, "How's that TV dinner?" you're staring at.

[hungryman]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 12:24 AM

393 posts, read 344,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
For what I read there are subtle signs:

1. Smiling and touching you briefly

2. Stroking her hair

3. When she is sitting down, she leans towards you to "listen"

4. Sitting with legs crossed she points her toes towards you.

We men are more straightforward but women give signs alright...subtle but if you look carefully those are there.
#1 and #3 I can probably detect easily, but #2 and #4? Wtf? People do those in public all the time, and are hardly noticeable or noteworthy. Just because some women decide to send me extremely vague signals and I don't pick it up doesn't make me stupid.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 AM

619 posts, read 650,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straya View Post
Like without having so say anything?
Like imagine you are in class or you spot a guy at a store or something.
Eye contact, smiling, asking questions...and unfortunately, since I'm the friendly type as it is, I sometimes have to say, "Hi, I think you're awesome, wanna hang out sometime?." This seems to do the trick every time.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:10 AM

619 posts, read 650,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Girls flirt in different ways.I usually joke and wink.
I suck at winking...last time I tried that, someone asked me if I had something in my eye, and as it was, I did end up getting a flake of mascara in my eye and looked like a total idiot.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:55 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,389,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temeku View Post
#1 and #3 I can probably detect easily, but #2 and #4? Wtf? People do those in public all the time, and are hardly noticeable or noteworthy. Just because some women decide to send me extremely vague signals and I don't pick it up doesn't make me stupid.
It's when they are interacting with you, and sitting beside you.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:09 AM

833 posts, read 655,413 times
Human race is the stupidest of them all. There is nothing wrong with keeping it simple. If you are interested in someone, just ask. Speak. Communicate. Converse.

Did I forget to say talk?

Old 12-21-2014, 08:14 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It's when they are interacting with you, and sitting beside you.
Yep.

I was never really "taught" about specific indicators of interest as far as I can recall. I just kind of figured them out on my own via intuition...way back in high school in the mid-90s. The signs are often subtle but they're usually not THAT hard to pick up on...even when you're in a group or a crowd. Moreso than the signals...the very vibe a girl or woman gives off is different when she's attracted to you.

I suspect most women can tell in a heartbeat whether a different woman is interested in some guy. Maybe because they've used similar IOI's themselves and are experienced enough that the whole "mating dance" thing (from a feminine standpoint) comes naturally to them. However I also think many guys can tell quite easily once they have an idea of what to look for. In other words, the whole "once you see it you can't unsee it" phenomenon. It's the "figuring out what to look for" that's often the stumbling block. Some boys and men figure it out naturally (possibly with a little subtle guidance from peers) as part of growing up from a teen into a young adult. Others are more dense and need more blunt and forceful methods to get it...and even then they may never actually be any good at picking up the signs.

Personally, I suspect that guys who either (a) have a similarly-aged sister and/or (b) have good female friends - are in better position while in their middle/high-school and college years to learn how to read the body language and emotions of girls and women in general, including signals of possible interest. Especially if (a) and (b) carry themselves in a feminine way.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:26 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,035,960 times
I'm much better at determining when a woman is not interested.

Unfortunately, I seem to know a lot of women who are playful with everyone, the kind who will touch your hand or elbow, or the kind who laugh at everything, for example. It's difficult for my literal mind to separate fact from fiction.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,750,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
I'm much better at determining when a woman is not interested.

Unfortunately, I seem to know a lot of women who are playful with everyone, the kind who will touch your hand or elbow, or the kind who laugh at everything, for example. It's difficult for my literal mind to separate fact from fiction.
then be playful back with those women. i am. as long as you are not pushing for more than they are willing to give, take what they are willing to give, and no more. it will serve you in the long run being the fun loving guy that doesnt pressure the girls. once you are comfortable doing that, you can start to refine your "game" with women, and be that guy the women like to hang around.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
I suck at winking...last time I tried that, someone asked me if I had something in my eye, and as it was, I did end up getting a flake of mascara in my eye and looked like a total idiot.
Lol I hate when that happens, hurts like a mother.Usually I do it after he fumbles over words.*wink* it's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships