Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 PM

126 posts, read 210,550 times

Advertisements

After watching and reading from several sources: (1)SBS TV, “Alfred Kinsey,” 10:05-11:30 p.m., May 26th 2006; (2) S. Cross TV, “Kinsey,” 11:00 p.m.-1:30 a.m. January 4th 2008 and three internet sites--I wrote the following personal reflection on Dr.Kinsey. He died in 1956 when I was 12 and just on the cusp of puberty.-Ron Price, Tasmania

In the last month of the Baha’i Holy Year, October 1952 to October 1953, commemorating the centenary of the rise of the Orb of Bahá'u'lláh’s Revelation in the Siyah Chal, the first intimation of His glorious Mission, Dr. Alfred Kinsey published his Sexual Behaviour in the Human Female. The year 1953 was a remarkable one for both the Bahá'í community and the wider world. The Baha’is saw a sixty per cent increase in the number of sovereign states included within their pale. The double-helical structure of DNA was discovered and Josef Stalin died. And there was much more.-Ron Price with thanks to several sources: (1)SBS TV, “Alfred Kinsey,” 10:05-11:30 p.m., May 26th 2006; (2) S. Cross TV, “Kinsey,” 11:00 p.m.-1:30 a.m. January 4th 2008 and three internet sites.

I did not know any of this
back then when Miss Jones
was sending me out of the room
for talking and I was playing
third base in softball in the big
park down at the end of New Street.

I did not know any of this
orgasm business that Kinsey
was unfolding; I did not know
about origami or ornamental
lamps and I had no idea that
a revolution was beginning for
women and men--indeed that
a wonderful and thrilling motion
had appeared in the world
of existence and was permeating
everywhere--something we called
the inception of the Kingdom.1

In 1937 at the start of our Plan
American Men of Science listed
Kinsey as one of the greats in the
field of Americans and science:
his teaching story and ours was
just beginning—each a stupendous
enterprize in its own unique way—
each a preliminary task at a time
of titanic upheaval in the womb of
a distressingly intensified chaos in
a travailing age and its sacred Fire.

1 Abdu’l-Baha in God Passes By, Shoghi Effendi, Wilmette, 1957, p.351.

Ron Price
May 27th 2006.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships