Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times

Advertisements

You have a serious problem. Exercise some self control for pete's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 06:12 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times
For real, you didn't date this person for a significant enough amount of time to be able to justify this level of not moving on.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:15 PM

192 posts, read 177,915 times
Jenna, I have only been dumped one other time. So that may be part of it. For the others, please remember this was my first serious relationship in quite a while. While it may seem I am way strung up on this, having everyone tell me to move on is just going to help me develop the ability to do just that. I do firmly believe that in the world of relationships the next one will always be better until you have found the one. I guess bottom line right now is I haven't found the next one yet, so I am still thinking about the last.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
Jenna, I have only been dumped one other time. So that may be part of it. For the others, please remember this was my first serious relationship in quite a while. While it may seem I am way strung up on this, having everyone tell me to move on is just going to help me develop the ability to do just that. I do firmly believe that in the world of relationships the next one will always be better until you have found the one. I guess bottom line right now is I haven't found the next one yet, so I am still thinking about the last.
Did a quick read through other threads, you do seem inept picking up on cues, surprising for an attorney...just say'n

Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
You REALLY want to get married, even though you are quite troubled by the fallout from divorces you deal with every day. This girl seems to check off many boxes for a wife, so you figure you can "live with" the rest in order to accomplish that life goal.

Yet, you also seem to have this urge to settle a score with her, this so-so girl, for breaking up with YOU.

Just so much that does not make sense.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM

She said I was bad at up picking up social cues. Something I never considered. But I think she was right. I have been trying to pay more attention to peoples' body language, intonation during speaking, etc. I don't know why it is surprising an attorney might have this issue. I come up with every reason why my client might be right and every reason why the opposition might be wrong and then go confidently into court and try to convince the court I am right. Very different than a meaningful and emotional private relationship with a woman.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:31 PM

619 posts, read 651,750 times
Quote:
It's hard getting dumped, rejection sucks mass quantities...

However, the only thought given to the last girl should be the lessons you learned to move on as a better person. You mostly enjoyed your time together, so be happy you don't have to lug a bunch of emotional baggage with you into your next rendezvous of lovey-dovey-oooh-la-la-ness. As long as you focus on the "what coulda beens" with her, you'll never be able to acknowledge a better match for you.

Move on, bub.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 PM

Yes, even during our last conversation, I found myself saying to her "I am just trying to get in your head here and figure out what I did wrong so I can learn from my mistakes." So while it seems like I am trying to get her back here (which it would be great if I could) my primary objective is to learn from my mistakes. Thank you.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:39 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
Quote:
She said I was bad at up picking up social cues. Something I never considered. But I think she was right. I have been trying to pay more attention to peoples' body language, intonation during speaking, etc. I don't know why it is surprising an attorney might have this issue. I come up with every reason why my client might be right and every reason why the opposition might be wrong and then go confidently into court and try to convince the court I am right. Very different than a meaningful and emotional private relationship with a woman.
Picking up on cues and reading people are everything, romantic, personal or professional.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:43 PM

Yes, I am used to being the guy everyone looks at. Mogul Skier, Baseball Pitcher, Now Lawyer. I need to learn how to look at other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships