Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 08:11 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you don't want to date them, don't date them. Simple. No reason to bag on them as you're the other side of the same damn coin.

Since you're on public assistance, I doubt you'd be able to contribute to purchasing a house for 4+ kids either, unless you plan on further fleecing the taxpayers.
Well I would rather not date them but since I do not want more kids and I want a marriage, I should not be dating the guys that do not have kids I suppose.

I can afford to buy a house, actually already own one that can accommodate my family, but certainly cannot afford to buy a 5-6 bedroom house.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:13 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
I'll never understand why people limit themselves by having checklists when it comes to dating. Have an open mind, and you might find someone you never expected and be happier than you have ever been.
Unlikely. People have "types" and "deal breakers" for a reason.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:13 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.

Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
How about I bash on single moms?

1. They are looking for some guy to pay their way because they are too broke to do it themselves.

2. They always have their kids, not just on the weekends.

3. They constantly complain about their ex who isn't paying enough child support so they can afford new clothes for themselves.

That list could go on and on, too.

Maybe if many single moms hadn't decided to pop out a couple kids after being with a deadbeat, they'd have a better life to begin with. What goes around, comes around.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:16 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you don't want to date them, don't date them. Simple. No reason to bag on them as you're the other side of the same damn coin.

Since you're on public assistance, I doubt you'd be able to contribute to purchasing a house for 4+ kids either, unless you plan on further fleecing the taxpayers.

Bingo!

See #1 in my list above.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWedge View Post
And on public assistance, most likely collecting child support, complaining that men who pay child support are always broke.

The lack of self-awareness and introspection here is really staggering.
I do not collect child support, which is why I do qualify for assistance, which is really not much in reality.

My financial picture is not your normal stereotypical single mom. I do have money in the bank, do not live paycheck to paycheck, have no debt except mortgage and car.

I do fine supporting my own kids. I do not want to have to pay all the time in order to date a man either. I want a man that can bring something to the relationship.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:19 AM

72 posts, read 65,866 times
Quote:
I do not collect child support, which is why I do qualify for assistance, which is really not much in reality.

My financial picture is not your normal stereotypical single mom. I do have money in the bank, do not live paycheck to paycheck, have no debt except mortgage and car.

I do fine supporting my own kids. I do not want to have to pay all the time in order to date a man either. I want a man that can bring something to the relationship.
What do YOU bring to the relationship?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
How about I bash on single moms?

1. They are looking for some guy to pay their way because they are too broke to do it themselves.

2. They always have their kids, not just on the weekends.

3. They constantly complain about their ex who isn't paying enough child support so they can afford new clothes for themselves.

That list could go on and on, too.

Maybe if many single moms hadn't decided to pop out a couple kids after being with a deadbeat, they'd have a better life to begin with. What goes around, comes around.
I do not want anyone to pay my way. I won't even commingle funds with a future partner.

After 11 years, I am over complaining about not getting child support. I do not always have my kids. I have parents and babysitters and can make time to date.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:29 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
I'm not a dad OP but I wouldn't date you, because I'm not beta.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:31 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:

You qualify for assistance? You mean public assistance like welfare?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:33 AM

881 posts, read 2,252,795 times
After reading all your posts I am beginning to think you don't really want a long term relationship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships