Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2014, 08:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DierksBentley View Post
What the hell is wrong with you woman? The Lazar beard is the GOAT beard (GOAT = greatest of all time)

He is famous on multiple sites for having the coolest facial hair around - https://www.google.com/search?q=laza..._sm=0&ie=UTF-8
He's famous on MEN'S sites for having cool facial hair! MEN'S sites!

I agree with Sweet Like Sugar, he needs to grow out his hair so women can run their fingers through it, lose the facial hair, SMILE, and get a more natural-looking body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:

but you can wade through the pile of 500 women throwing themselves at you to find a couple who are classy, intelligent and nice
Why do that, when you can look like Timberline, and other average Joes, and get several dates/week from OLD, from bus stops, from the grocery store or coffee shop?

Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
What the hell is wrong with you woman? The Lazar beard is the GOAT beard (GOAT = greatest of all time)

He is famous on multiple sites for having the coolest facial hair around - https://www.google.com/search?q=laza..._sm=0&ie=UTF-8
It's sweet how enamored you are. I'm the same way with my celebrity crushes.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 PM

109 posts, read 82,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He's famous on MEN'S sites for having cool facial hair! MEN'S sites!

I agree, he needs to grow out his hair so women can run their fingers through it, lose the facial hair, SMILE, and get a more natural-looking body.

from your other thread

Quote:
I'm on to you now, OP. You have trouble finding women who are interested in you, because you don't fit in. Looking like the Russian mafia is your idea of "classy", and women who grind on you at clubs and are "all over you" seem to be your idea of "classy". Also, you're only 25, and you're 200 lbs. It's just not something that appeals to the dewy young crowd you're aiming for. That's why you draw older women.

Go to Chicago, find out where the various E European crowds hang out, and target those. They'll be able to relate to you better. I'm serious. It's not a clean-cut sorority-girl-appeal American look you're peddling. It just doesn't fit in, if you see what I mean. Your whole thinking in regard to the mating game and your ideal male and female are outside the American norm, that's a big reason why it's not working. You can turn that into an asset, if you get with the right crowd, though

1)I don't have facial hair - not possible with my job
2)I don't dress like Russian mafia - I wear nice t shirts/nice button downs, upscale jeans and dress shoes. Pretty much like any other young professional when I go out
3)I'm 200 pounds but I look athletic and healthy. I'm not shredded like that guy - http://s7.postimg.org/51i7ogcgb/image.jpg. What's wrong with how I look there?

I am not going after exclusively all American girl types - I like Latinas, Asians, black girls, Italian girls, whatever as they long as they look good.

Age wise -I like girls around 21-30 so I'm not going after teeny boppers

Old 12-25-2014, 09:01 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Being a man, I find this to be completely false and baseless.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
1)I don't have facial hair - not possible with my job
2)I don't dress like Russian mafia - I wear nice t shirts/nice button downs, upscale jeans and dress shoes. Pretty much like any other young professional when I go out
3)I'm 200 pounds but I look athletic and healthy. I'm not shredded like that guy - http://s7.postimg.org/51i7ogcgb/image.jpg. What's wrong with how I look there?

I am not going after exclusively all American girl types - I like Latinas, Asians, black girls, Italian girls, whatever as they long as they look good.

Age wise -I like girls around 21-30 so I'm not going after teeny boppers
OK, maybe. But saying you wanted to look like Lazar freaked me out. And still, you have a niche look, as I recall from your photos. But ok, at the very least, you'll have to venture out of your comfort zone, and go to some of those city bars Kch recommended, or the equivalent, if you want to make progress. It's a good idea. You can go with that friend you said appeals to women. Split the cab fare, and let him be your wing man, if you'd even need one in the city, you might not. Try it as an experiment.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:06 PM

109 posts, read 82,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, maybe. But saying you wanted to look like Lazar freaked me out. And still, you have a niche look, as I recall from your photos. But ok, at the very least, you'll have to venture out of your comfort zone, and go to some of those city bars Kch recommended, or the equivalent. It's a good idea. You can go with that friend you said appeals to women. Split the cab fare, and let him be your wing man, if you'd eve need one in the city. Try it as an experiment.

My boy (the guy who does very well with women) is single now so we're going to try to get girls everywhere we go. We're both pretty damn handsome so I'm optimistic now

Niche look? People ask me all the time if I'm Italian or Greek. What is so niche about my look?

Old 12-25-2014, 11:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No. Some men are hardwired for a type and some have broad tastes.

Some women are hardwired for a type and some have broad tastes.

The only truth is that people should stop trying to generalize.
Aside from all of this trumped-up postulation about people being hard-wired, I'll add that it can change. My tastes have changed a lot this year.

I've dated all kinds of men, different ethnicities, height, body type, hair color, eye color, etc. I seemed to have been hard-wired for dark hair and blue eyes, though.

Until now. Now you can bring me the blond boys. Marko Saaresto. Oliver Tyr. Jesse Spencer. Johann Urb. I could blame it on Alexander Skarsgard. No, wait, Viggo Mortensen. Always had a thing for him.

But maybe it's because my last LTR and my ex-hub both had dark hair, strong dark brows, and huge sky blue eyes and I'm kind of done with that. Regardless, as much as I'll always love Jonathan Rhys Meyers, I'm all about blonds with pale blue or green eyes these days.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:00 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
In your experience, do you agree or disagree with the above? Do you agree that men can find a large number of diverse and completely different looking women to be attractive, while women seem to be rather homogenous in their taste and what they find attractive?

Why or why not?
Well if you can say that only men of a particular personality, body type, hair color, eye color, weight, height, skin tone, race, accent, facial structure, etc. (whatever that homogenous type is) are married/in relationships then I would agree, but that has not been my experience.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

That shows you that the people on these sites have horrific taste

There was a time where Ed Hardy wear was considered cool too by much of this crowd, as is wearing cologne all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships