Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 11:46 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,785,726 times

Advertisements

It's hard to tell not knowing your history with him other than the fact that you worked together. However like everyone else said, sounds like he was just spreading some holiday cheer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 12:55 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,692,049 times
Make sure it wasn't a group text.My friend from work thought he was just talking to his friend,I saw the whole thing.lol!

Old 12-27-2014, 12:57 AM

619 posts, read 648,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Make sure it wasn't a group text.My friend from work thought he was just talking to his friend,I saw the whole thing.lol!
I so love when that happens. Makes me want to break out the popcorn and just sit back and watch drama unfold...drama that I never have to be a part of.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:59 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,692,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
I so love when that happens. Makes me want to break out the popcorn and just sit back and watch drama unfold...drama that I never have to be a part of.
Exactly.

Old 12-27-2014, 01:08 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,841,298 times
I wouldn't read into it too much if it was just "Merry Christmas!" As others have said though if he continues to text you in the near future then he may be interested. I see Merry Christmas texts being like the Happy Birthday wishes people post on Facebook walls. It is something that is easy to recognize (Facebook sends alerts of friend's birthdays) and it is a nice thing to say.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:10 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,388,408 times
Why women don't ask men out and try to figure it out if the guy is asking them out...like a secret code...?

Women are always playing this "cat and mouse" game...I like you but I don't want you to know it.

Give him a hint if you aren't sure: see what happens.

If you don't want anything why the guy...why bother? If you want something with the guy...give him a hint.

Geeesh!!!

Old 12-26-2015, 04:34 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,856,728 times
I know I started this thread a year ago yesterday.
I got a Merry Christmas text again from him yesterday.
I didn't think he would wish me a Merry Christmas again this year as I'm sure my response back to him last Christmas let him know that I had taken his holiday cheer text the wrong way. I'm sure he remembers what happened last year. So I'm surprised he wished me a Merry Christmas yesterday. I think he does have an interest in me romantically as he is keeping in touch but he is still in a relationship with someone with whom he has a child with and he isn't the unfaithful/cheating type.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,459,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatetheheat01 View Post
Hi Everyone,

This man that I know texted me Merry Christmas yesterday out of the blue. I know him through a previous job but we haven't had any sort of communication since July. Obviously he kept my number. Isn't it weird to just send a text out of the blue like that? Do you think he was trying to see if I was interested in dating him and using that as a conversation starter? Or do you think he was just trying to be nice and didn't mean anything by it? I just find it very odd that he sent me a text out of the blue after 5 months if he wasn't interested in dating me and wanted to see if I feel the same way about him.

Men are so confusing!
In what way are we men so confusing? I wished everyone on here a merry Xmas and thanksgiving etc and I'm pretty certain they don't think I'm wanting to date them all LOL

I'm certain it's more out of politeness but you could ring him up and say hello and see how his manner is towards you of course

Old 12-26-2015, 06:05 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,459,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatetheheat01 View Post
I know I started this thread a year ago yesterday.
I got a Merry Christmas text again from him yesterday.
I didn't think he would wish me a Merry Christmas again this year as I'm sure my response back to him last Christmas let him know that I had taken his holiday cheer text the wrong way. I'm sure he remembers what happened last year. So I'm surprised he wished me a Merry Christmas yesterday. I think he does have an interest in me romantically as he is keeping in touch but he is still in a relationship with someone with whom he has a child with and he isn't the unfaithful/cheating type.
Oh right I didn't realise you posted this last year forget my last post!!! ( LMAO )

Old 12-26-2015, 06:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,606,310 times
Sounds like a broadcast text. Again. I had another text from a number I didn't recognize, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships