Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 03:36 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times

Advertisements

I can totally relate to the physical attraction part. I do not do fat chicks myself either. I'm not mean to them, don't belittle them, I just don't date them. Just realize you are not going to be getting any hot guys that are ok with your current dating environment. Only hot guys you'll be getting are hot guys with issues or guys that already have kids from previous relationships just like yourself.

Best case scenario for you is an attractive man in your age range that has kids but his ex has custody. He has his financial house in order so that the alimony and child support aren't a big burden on him. Yet at the same time, the more he makes the better he can do which might be better then you. There is a reason why the men that have contacted you aren't handsome and doing well financially.

Look at this following picture in regards to female attraction. In terms of dating currency each of the four attributes costs 25,000 for the highest rating adding up to 100,000 for a '10'. Your virtual dating balance is probably around 50-60000 and it is dropping with each year. Pick and choose what is most important and be realistic with what you can get.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net...03_700b_v1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 03:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I would agree, I was just agreeing that I would not want an obese man. I would not say anything
though.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:41 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
How do I solve this?
Your situation has no solution other then adjusting your standards to what you can realistically attract. I want to marry a victoria secret super model, that is down to earth, not stuck up, won't judge me, super sweet, and is also a virgin. Right...good luck with that right?

Old 12-29-2014, 03:45 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Look at this following picture in regards to female attraction. In terms of dating currency each of the four attributes costs 25,000 for the highest rating adding up to 100,000 for a '10'. Your virtual dating balance is probably around 50-60000 and it is dropping with each year. Pick and choose what is most important and be realistic with what you can get.
Montanaguy, that looks like something out of Maxim (including its use of "guys" and "girls"). The OP is a grown woman ... actually, a grown woman with 2 kids from 2 different men (neither of which she was married to, I think). She has written about how she's not really a "kid person," which makes me wonder why on earth she had 2 kids herself. Certainly any man with kids is probably not going to be too impressed (but maybe that is good, since she doesn't really WANT a man with kids, as his kids will just be in the way).

I am still wondering what, exactly, the OP thinks she has to offer? Her personality seems, well, problematic.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
How do I solve this?
Put your kids up for adoption and never tell anyone you had any?

Or, you could adjust your expectations regarding what types of men you can attract into a family situation.

You can no doubt sleep with hotties all you want. It sounds like you're still an attractive, fit woman.

But... don't think for a minute that you're going to find one that's not got drug problems, a felony conviction or two, or mental problems that'll marry you and play daddy to your kids unless you strike dating gold and find a guy who is infertile and loves kids more than you do.

Needle in a haystack.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Montanaguy, that looks like something out of Maxim (including its use of "guys" and "girls"). The OP is a grown woman ... actually, a grown woman with 2 kids from 2 different men (neither of which she was married to, I think). She has written about how she's not really a "kid person," which makes me wonder why on earth she had 2 kids herself. Certainly any man with kids is probably not going to be too impressed (but maybe that is good, since she doesn't really WANT a man with kids, as his kids will just be in the way).

I am still wondering what, exactly, the OP thinks she has to offer? Her personality seems, well, problematic.
I was married to my ex husband when I had my daughter. Actually my divorce was final a few weeks prior to having my son. Yes my divorce took years.

I have a great personality in real life. My tolerance for bs is all dried up though....

Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM

378 posts, read 441,607 times
Default do you have a selfie?

Quote:
Of course I am in shape. I am 5'3" 125 lbs and wear a size 4.
you can mask your face.

Let me see if you are as hot as you say you are.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Put your kids up for adoption and never tell anyone you had any?

Or, you could adjust your expectations regarding what types of men you can attract into a family situation.

You can no doubt sleep with hotties all you want. It sounds like you're still an attractive, fit woman.

But... don't think for a minute that you're going to find one that's not got drug problems, a felony conviction or two, or mental problems that'll marry you and play daddy to your kids unless you strike dating gold and find a guy who is infertile and loves kids more than you do.

Needle in a haystack.
Ok well if this is as good as it is going to get... guess I guess I need to figure out how I can deal with druggies and felons . I only have room for one mental case in my life and my sons father is occupying that spot.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:21 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
How do I solve this?

You focus on raising the kids (that you never wanted, according to you admitting that you are just not a kid person) and work on becoming a nicer, more accepting and tolerant person. Stop trying to find Mr. Perfect, maybe just STOP dating and wait until your kids are older.

Sit down and make a list of what YOU have to offer the type of man that YOU want. Leave off your stunningly good looks.

Seriously, how come you are just ignoring the copious amounts of advice that has been given to you already?????

Old 12-29-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
You focus on raising the kids (that you never wanted, according to you admitting that you are just not a kid person) and work on becoming a nicer, more accepting and tolerant person. Stop trying to find Mr. Perfect, maybe just STOP dating and wait until your kids are older.

Sit down and make a list of what YOU have to offer the type of man that YOU want. Leave off your stunningly good looks.

Seriously, how come you are just ignoring the copious amounts of advice that has been given to you already?????
I love my kids to pieces. It is other peoples kids I have a low tolerance for. Which is why I just avoid putting myself around other peoples kids.

Because I want a relationship. I will find one eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships