Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 12:42 AM

619 posts, read 652,092 times

Advertisements

Ben Affleck wears a toupee? That's...just another reason to NOT have him play Batman.

I'd prefer a man to not wear a hair piece, but whatever makes him feel most confident. TBH...I didn't even realize men still did this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 01:22 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
Thank God that I am a black man with a nicely shaped head. I look better bald than I did with hair. I'm so sexy!!!!

Old 01-05-2015, 03:02 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Then again, no man does anything for you.
I find men that I am attracted to, but they are ether not single, have no interest in me or do not date single moms or whatever.

Old 01-05-2015, 04:35 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Could care less if a man chooses to wear a toupee. I think I would prefer that to dating Mr. Clean (shaved head).

Old 01-05-2015, 05:49 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Women do all kinds of things to enhance their appearance, padded bras and implants, hair extensions, high heels, not to mention all the makeup. No guy should feel guilty for putting on some fake hair.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:34 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
If the dude is so cowardly that he can't rock his balding dome and has to glue on fake hair, maybe it's a insight into what kind of guy he is.

Just sayin'. I thought you ladies were all about confidence. Toupee's are the opposite of confidence and high self esteem.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
If the dude is so cowardly that he can't rock his balding dome and has to glue on fake hair, maybe it's a insight into what kind of guy he is.

Just sayin'. I thought you ladies were all about confidence. Toupee's are the opposite of confidence and high self esteem.
Toupees are for men who don't have the hair that they want. You can be very confident with your bald head or receding hairline but that doesn't mean that you wouldn't look better with hair.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:02 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
I recently saw a guy who was wearing a toupee that was so old, not only had his remaining hair started to turn grey, but it had receded so far that he had the dark toupee on top, a ring of baldness, then greying hair on the bottom. The toupee looked like it was of good quality, and probably had looked pretty natural when it still matched his remaining hair and wasn't surrounded by that ring of baldness.

But for that guy, it's definitely time for a new rug.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:29 PM

285 posts, read 534,429 times
I feel like I would rather date someone who wears a nice (undetectable) toupee than a bald/balding man. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, it's just a personal preference because I like the look of thick hair. However if the toupee is really cheap and obvious, then it might become a turn off. I knew a guy who had alopecia (he was bald his whole life) but he wore a really expensive lace wig... you literally couldn't tell, he just looked like he had a great head of hair (and was very handsome too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Toupees are for men who don't have the hair that they want. You can be very confident with your bald head or receding hairline but that doesn't mean that you wouldn't look better with hair.
I agree with this. Whatever makes someone feel attractive and confident is what they should wear. If you look great bald, be bald! But if you like yourself with hair better, go for it. I wear hair extensions myself because I like the thick hair look, some guys might not like that but I don't care because I wear them for my own enjoyment, not anyone else's approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships