Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 06:15 PM

286 posts, read 305,672 times

Advertisements

A lot of you guys seem to complaining about the kinds of women I'd be fine with. Girls in yoga pants? Line 'em up!

I grew up in the sticks (Upstate New York). I don't remember there being many decent women there. I go back every decade or so and it just seems worse. There's lots of livestock, though.

Quote:
Every age group and gender has their cross to bear.
I really don't care to associate myself with my gender or age group (or race, etc). I just look at myself as an individual with my own problems to solve. I represent only myself.

Quote:
The bottom line is, your profile's only gonna be a "sell" if the right person sees it at the right time and in the right mood. For some, that doesn't happen as frequently as with others...just life.
And that's why I quit on it.

Last edited by Ryborg; 01-10-2015 at 07:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post
Not necessarily. I can assure you you are a ton more talented than I am in that regard. But if you have a passion-I'm sure you can figure some way to bring it to the public-or at least to likeminded folks.
It's trickier than it seems. Bands are a bit like relationships that way. You've got to compatible on a number of levels. I meet lots of musicians, and have great convos with them. Rarely do I meet some I'd ask to jam with.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryborg View Post
A lot of you guys seem to complaining the kinds of women I'd be fine with. Girls in yoga pants? Line 'em up!

I grew up in the sticks (Upstate New York). I don't remember there being many decent women there. I go back every decade or so and it just seems worse. There's lots of livestock, though.
Upstate NY? You mean, Ithaca? There are gorgeous women at the university there.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Try rural Herkimer county. Ithaca ain't technically the sticks.

And, yes, gorgeous university women who probably aren't going to date 37 year old men in most cases, and who move the heck out of there immediately after college.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:22 PM

321 posts, read 372,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's funny that you choose the least representative community in a large region as your go-to example.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
It's funny that you choose the least representative community in a large region as your go-to example.
Ha ha! Pretty true. Finger Lakes region and Saranac would be pretty off base as well. Most of Upstate is rust belt townies along the Erie / Thruway corridor, and toothless woollies anywhere north or south of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships