Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:43 AM

13 posts, read 8,259 times

Advertisements

So am 35 years old woman and i had an interest to get to know a 28yrs old guy.We met but my interest was short lived.The guy was too fast in everything but i did tell him that we should go slow.Anyways he then said he has changed and focusing on his life.I felt like two tight slap on my face and started thinking whats wrong with me.M i that bad looking that he hates me or is it cos i didnt want to have right away.Well i pressume that he wanted a physical thingy.Anyway,fast forward to now,i saw him on the bus last week,he came and sat next to me.We spoke but i was very cautious. On New Years Day,he said sorry for acting weird and he thought about me in the morning till i showed up to his room to deliver food.He said he wants to be good friends and started saying great things about me which i thought he just woke up from coma or something.My mom and fren thinks that if a guy comes second time,he is upto something -I dont know.Since i felt rejected,i started to dress well and got many compliements from my facebook.I know am older to him but i just felt like an insult at that time.Now why would he wants to be my friend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 08:47 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You sent mixed messages, yet you're worried about HIS ulterior motives??

You said yourself your interest was "short-lived," and now that your ego is hurt you're bringing him food and dressing well and trying again???

He may just be trying to get you into bed, or he may be doing his definition of "going slow." You weren't really honest with him, so not sure how you're going to know if he's honest with you.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:52 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazogal View Post
So am 35 years old woman and i had an interest to get to know a 28yrs old guy.
We met but my interest was short lived.
Your interest in getting to know what (beyond sex that is)?

Quote:
The guy was too fast in everything but i did tell him that we should go slow.
Anyways he then said he has changed and focusing on his life.
Well i assume that he wanted a physical thingy.
Always a safe assumption as the underlying motivation with a younger man.
And not an unreasonable assumption with women either.

Quote:
...he said sorry for acting weird and he thought about me in the morning
till i showed up to his room to deliver food.
Huh? Are you his employee as well?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
So am 35 years old woman and i had an interest to get to know a 28yrs old guy.We met but my interest was short lived.The guy was too fast in everything but i did tell him that we should go slow.Anyways he then said he has changed and focusing on his life.I felt like two tight slap on my face and started thinking whats wrong with me.M i that bad looking that he hates me or is it cos i didnt want to have right away.Well i pressume that he wanted a physical thingy.Anyway,fast forward to now,i saw him on the bus last week,he came and sat next to me.We spoke but i was very cautious. On New Years Day,he said sorry for acting weird and he thought about me in the morning till i showed up to his room to deliver food.He said he wants to be good friends and started saying great things about me which i thought he just woke up from coma or something.My mom and fren thinks that if a guy comes second time,he is upto something -I dont know.Since i felt rejected,i started to dress well and got many compliements from my facebook.I know am older to him but i just felt like an insult at that time.Now why would he wants to be my friend?
It doesn't sound as if you even like this guy. Are you sure you aren't feeling rejected because of the way that he reacted to your caution, seeing that you didn't like the way that he was stating his intentions? If a guy says that he wants to be good friends, it could be that he is simply adjusting because you didn't jump at his initial stance. Good friends could mean a million different things.

It is a familiar pattern; if a guy talks to a girl he wants more, or maybe he doesn't want more, because he said as much when the girl doesn't reciprocate. You're basing it off of your previous experiences with guys, and off experiences of those individuals you've confided in.

A guy doesn't need to have a reason to want to be your friend. What matters is if you truly want to be his friend. If you don't want to be his friend then forget about it and move on. If you want more, just tell him; maybe you should be his friend, to determine if you want more (or if you're just reciprocating the fact that he wanted more from you).

Men aren't really caught up in reasons why they want to be your friend. It is what it is. There will always be those guys that feel as though friendship is settling, because they want more, but that is something you'll find out in time, you won't know this upfront. So proceed with the friendship, with caution, and be aware of your surroundings in that friendship, and perhaps the two of you can agree (or agree not to agree) further on down the line.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:24 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
I wouldn't get involved with this guy. There are other guys. Be patient, you'll find one.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:29 AM

Of course i did have the liking on him.No am not his employee or vice versa.We are both students doing our postgraduate in different field.I thought when he wasnt interest, i told myself that i hope not to bump into him.But God planned differently,i met him two occassion and one occossaion,i was alone in the bus and i cldnt even run away.So when he asked if he can sit next to me,i had no choice and said ok.I was feeling uncomfortable.I was wondering why he rejected me-maybe am not pretty or watever reason.Hence i started dressing well so make myself happy and i wasnt even trying to impress him -not my style.The reason i gv food was cos my mom not well and he asked me abt her.I had a party at home and i didnt invite him at all cos my wound was not healed up.Cos he asked abt my mom,i gv him food.Maybe am insane.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:30 AM

Ty Ruth4Truth!

Old 01-04-2015, 11:43 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Why was you're attraction sparked after his lack of interest?

Old 01-04-2015, 11:46 AM

No i moved on but i am just curious why he woke up from coma and telling me sorry..wanted to call me on New Years Day n etc..

Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
He was in a coma????? I am so confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships